Stirling Albion Thread

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

You never know with that one until you try him out at the higher level.  I can tell you he's a wow in league 2 and Darren Young isn't dumb enough to keep a player of his quality on the bench.  He's been great for us and many thanks to Dundee Utd for letting him come here. He's only on loan till January, but I hope he's enjoying first team football enough to want an extension. He'd be a huge loss for us in chasing promotion, so fingers crossed.

Nobody kids ourselves that  he signed up with United for the joys of league 2 part time football. He's a temporary Godsend though and we'd love to have till the end of this season.

Only till January you say?

Might actually get used in the second half of the season looking at our form...

12 minutes ago, scamp1909 said:

Only till January you say?

Might actually get used in the second half of the season looking at our form...

At the end of the day he's your player and it's your manager's decision mate. Can't deny he'd be sorely missed though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Any information if tomorrow morning a pitch inspection is required?

I'm working tomorrow but, hopefully finished by late lunchtime before heading along, weather permitting. 

No inspection planned.

Drainage doing its job

Despite one or two nervy moments, Albion were well deserved and comfortable winners today, looks like keeping Kai Fotheringham will be the make or break for the promotion push, hearing Dundee United coaching staff were at the game today which, from a Stirling Albion perspective is concerning if they are impressed enough to recall him from his loan. 

Fantastic crowd at the match today which was great to see, any idea what the figure was?

12 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Kai Fotheringham will be the make or break for the promotion push, hearing Dundee United coaching staff were at the game today which, from a Stirling Albion perspective is concerning

I’m also lead to believe there was “a couple” of Dundee United Coaches along today, and someone else was Scouting the game and asked my friend about him. 

I also saw Stevie Aitken in The Peak car park, has he gone for the Stenny job, is he working for someone else watching players, did he just take in the game because he fancied it?? I’m going to speculate it was the first one.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I’m also lead to believe there was “a couple” of Dundee United Coaches along today, and someone else was Scouting the game and asked my friend about him. 

I also saw Stevie Aitken in The Peak car park, has he gone for the Stenny job, is he working for someone else watching players, did he just take in the game because he fancied it?? I’m going to speculate it was the first one.

Faz was Aitken's assistant at DFC and Stranraer. I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing his pal a favour by watching you lot before the game next week.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Faz was Aitken's assistant at DFC and Stranraer. I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing his pal a favour by watching you lot before the game next week.

Ah, of course, I was forgetting all about that, that may well explain it 👍🏻

17 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Despite one or two nervy moments, Albion were well deserved and comfortable winners today, looks like keeping Kai Fotheringham will be the make or break for the promotion push, hearing Dundee United coaching staff were at the game today which, from a Stirling Albion perspective is concerning if they are impressed enough to recall him from his loan. 

Fantastic crowd at the match today which was great to see, any idea what the figure was?

Good game at Forthbank yesterday. Good crowd too, including this Dundee supporter. Deserved win for the Binos and thought the football played by both sides was pretty good. Lot of discussion re Kai Fotheringham. He was decent but I'd be surprised if United recalled him as I think they're a bit top heavy with players and need to offload some. If they do that they might recall the boy, but my guess is that he'll stay at Stirling.

Delighted with the Kai Fotheringham news and interested to see how Flynn Duffy does, we are certainly short of Left Backs and have had to play Ross McGeachie there at times this season.

Signing Greig Spence is an interesting one. Very hit and miss career but when he is a hit, he’s an asset and I hope he offers good competition in the final third.

Delighted to have all 3 at the club.

19 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Can't believe Greig Spence is only 30 after checking his Wikipedia page, genuinely genuinely thought he was about mid thirties, seems to have been bouncing about the lower leagues for years. 

Came into the Alloa first team when he was really young.