Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

Kai looked good for yous

Looks a great prospect and has found his feet very quickly.  Don't expect he'll be here past January as he's way too good for league 2 on what we've seen so far.  Mind you, it's only been a couple of games but he does look very good indeed. 

Quite possibly the most exciting player we've had at the club since having Callumn Morriosn on loan from Hearts a few years ago. Have only seen Kai a couple of times but can see already that he is beyond this level. An exciting prospect, that definitely has a future in the Full Time game I would say.

22 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Quite possibly the most exciting player we've had at the club since having Callumn Morriosn on loan from Hearts a few years ago. Have only seen Kai a couple of times but can see already that he is beyond this level. An exciting prospect, that definitely has a future in the Full Time game I would say.

He does look promising. On the subject of  exciting, that Stranraer v Dumbarton game on Tuesday was epic highlight watching. 

23 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Time to get excited again???

I got excited when we went second last season. As that didn't end well I won't get too excited. That said, I've had good vibes about Darren Young since he got the gig, knows a good loan player and likes to attack.  Never yet played just 1 striker up front in the league. 

Currie saved our butt in the opening 20 minutes at Forfar, but the players came through. We are competitive and that gives me hope.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Have to say I agree mate. 

On another note, waiting to hear an alternative big  plan from the shareholder/ trust board alliance since plan A died an early death. Only that lot would be dumb enough to remove the entire club board on the basis of expecting alternative people as replacements who were not fully committed to join the club.

One guy who lives in London and another shareholder director with little on apparent offer but a permanent Hilary Clinton style fake grin on his puss, isn't exciting at all.  

19 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Time to get excited again???

Wouldn't say excited, but we do seem to be improving as the season progresses, which is always a good sign.

Apart from a couple of areas, we do also have a decent depth to our squad, which bodes well for when injuries and suspensions kick in.

Quietly optimistic I'd say.

3 hours ago, gmca said:

Wouldn't say excited, but we do seem to be improving as the season progresses, which is always a good sign.

Apart from a couple of areas, we do also have a decent depth to our squad, which bodes well for when injuries and suspensions kick in.

Quietly optimistic I'd say.

Agreed.   Improving the squad seems to have been a problem for clubs throughout league 2. Even less players than usual willing to drop down a league and staying where they are.  Some kicking off with injury problems as well, as we did last season. Hoping we can avoid injuries up front in particular, as good strikers for loan are usually in short supply.

In League 1 poor Peterhead have had a recruitment nightmare, their location likely severely limiting their options. 

Noticed this advert being shared the other day, have to admit to being impressed. This seems like a good price to me, which is affordable to most, and an appealing package.

Although under Colin Rowley's leadership, hospitality was of course good, and received rave reviews, I wasn't too sure it became value for money at the tail end of last season and with the price increase again this season. Assuming you get good portions, then I would say this appears to be good value for money and more affordable to make more than 1 trip a season.

62AA2880-8EFC-462D-A053-33D24E6D9F55.jpeg

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Noticed this advert being shared the other day, have to admit to being impressed. This seems like a good price to me, which is affordable to most, and an appealing package.

Although under Colin Rowley's leadership, hospitality was of course good, and received rave reviews, I wasn't too sure it became value for money at the tail end of last season and with the price increase again this season. Assuming you get good portions, then I would say this appears to be good value for money and more affordable to make more than 1 trip a season.

62AA2880-8EFC-462D-A053-33D24E6D9F55.jpeg

I hope you were really impressed with my graphic design skills too 

9 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Agreed.   Improving the squad seems to have been a problem for clubs throughout league 2. Even less players than usual willing to drop down a league and staying where they are.  Some kicking off with injury problems as well, as we did last season. Hoping we can avoid injuries up front in particular, as good strikers for loan are usually in short supply.

In League 1 poor Peterhead have had a recruitment nightmare, their location likely severely limiting their options. 

That is my main concern too. Losing Carrick and/or Thomson would, I think, cause us a problem. I've always felt more comfortable with having 4 forwards too. Danny Burns seems to be the only obvious replacement for those 2. Not complaining though, given most teams are likely to struggle a bit when their first 11 aren't available.

This might be absolute nonsense and totally made up in my head @gmca and if it is then I apologise, however i'm going to say it anyway. I totally agree with your point and it's my concern as well. However when I looked through the squads of the other teams in this league, I actually though the league was short of goalscorers throughout and if a team did have one (say Dale Carrick) then they tended to only have 1. So for me, like when Jordan White pretty much fired us up, the key to this season probably is keeping Carrick fit and firing, but other clubs will also be thinking the same and will be seriously hampered if their "main man" also picks up a bad one.

I've not seen enough of Burns to know if he can make the step up. I thought he looked good in the Betfred Cup game against Peterhead but he hasn't had many opportunities since then, for the sake of the squad and the shortness up front, I hope he can.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

This might be absolute nonsense and totally made up in my head @gmca and if it is then I apologise, however i'm going to say it anyway. I totally agree with your point and it's my concern as well. However when I looked through the squads of the other teams in this league, I actually though the league was short of goalscorers throughout and if a team did have one (say Dale Carrick) then they tended to only have 1. So for me, like when Jordan White pretty much fired us up, the key to this season probably is keeping Carrick fit and firing, but other clubs will also be thinking the same and will be seriously hampered if their "main man" also picks up a bad one.

I've not seen enough of Burns to know if he can make the step up. I thought he looked good in the Betfred Cup game against Peterhead but he hasn't had many opportunities since then, for the sake of the squad and the shortness up front, I hope he can.

It's not nonsense mate.  Most league 2 teams have the same problem.  We don't have many options, but quite a few players are getting forward and in on the goal getting.  Fears we wouldn't be creative enough to get goals don't reflect reality at present.  We're up there and doing well.  Can we keep it up? Who knows?  Right now it's not too shabby at all and that'll do me.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Nothing to apologise for BB. A sensible, well thought out post.