Stirling Albion Thread

So “the football people waiting in the wings, that will get us onto the back pages of the nations newspapers” or words to that affect, is actually John Kennedy, an Ex player that has been a part of the club’s back room set up previously. Hold me back, I’m so excited 🙄

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

So “the football people waiting in the wings, that will get us onto the back pages of the nations newspapers” or words to that affect, is actually John Kennedy, an Ex player that has been a part of the club’s back room set up previously. Hold me back, I’m so excited 🙄

Oh dear, the big plan has gone tits up already.  All the councillor's men have lost HEARTS and bolted, gone, shot the craw, no cummin, offski and not a word about it.

Let's have it in song mate.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Interesting take.

My reading is that Andy Kennedy - an ex player as was John Kennedy - is in as an interim measure along with some other people.  The new board as such would be voted in by the Trust membership.  

8 hours ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Interesting take.

My reading is that Andy Kennedy - an ex player as was John Kennedy - is in as an interim measure along with some other people.  The new board as such would be voted in by the Trust membership.  

Suppose time will tell TVOR, I hope you are right however, to have people “waiting in the wings” suggested to me at the time that they were ready to step in right away, or would be up for voting on the board almost immediately. Time will tell.

17 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I think you've got it wrong about John Kennedy being on the board. Where you've got it right is that there are no big names waiting in the wings. There were big names thinking it over, but they've walked away.  Let's hope there's a plan B.

11 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

We all make mistakes mate. I've made more than I'm comfortable with.

You're a bit like Ernie Wise trying to maintain a solo career after Eric Morecambe died.

Nice guy, just not very funny on his own.

Bring back rhliston.

(Has he deleted his account?)

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're a bit like Ernie Wise trying to maintain a solo career after Eric Morecambe died.

Nice guy, just not very funny on his own.

Bring back rhliston.

(Has he deleted his account?)

Like in all soap operas characters eventually vanish, but the nature of the soap doesn't change. It just gets more unreal and laughable. 

On 11/09/2022 at 01:16, TheVoiceofReason said:

Interesting take.

The new board as such would be voted in by the Trust membership.  

That is not what the release says. It says the new board will be confirmed by the shareholders. As would be the case in any non fans owned club. The new rules for governance should be an interesting read when they emerge.