Stirling Albion Thread

Ding, dong the wicked witch is dead. Let me be clear, that’s a reference to the ousting of the chairman. The self appointed dictator for life. I thank him for his control/influence over finances, however, the infighting between 2 boards centred around him it seemed. The posts recently revealed on media stupid, wrong from him. In a football sense, seemed happy at mediocre in league 2. And, we faced being a Berwick, Brechin, east Stirlingshire on that trajectory.  If anyone from the trust reads this, now, ironically, is the Phoenix from the flames moment. Unity is required to get us back to the championship. The best part time team in Scotland. That’s our goal. All Stirling fans move as one, for the sake of the club. Let’s get some proper rules and regulations if we’re bizarrely continuing with 2 boards. Rave on, Stirling Albion!!!

7 hours ago, K Mac said:

Ding, dong the wicked witch is dead. Let me be clear, that’s a reference to the ousting of the chairman. The self appointed dictator for life. I thank him for his control/influence over finances, however, the infighting between 2 boards centred around him it seemed. The posts recently revealed on media stupid, wrong from him. In a football sense, seemed happy at mediocre in league 2. And, we faced being a Berwick, Brechin, east Stirlingshire on that trajectory.  If anyone from the trust reads this, now, ironically, is the Phoenix from the flames moment. Unity is required to get us back to the championship. The best part time team in Scotland. That’s our goal. All Stirling fans move as one, for the sake of the club. Let’s get some proper rules and regulations if we’re bizarrely continuing with 2 boards. Rave on, Stirling Albion!!!

The championship?  Christ, how about the short term issues get sorted first.  There's no commercial team. There's no hospitality team. There's no club doctor as required by league rules. There's no admin staff.  What there is. are a bunch of people with the keys to the office  and no idea how to run a football club. If we're really really lucky they might just manage to get the next home game on.  

13 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

The championship?  Christ, how about the short term issues get sorted first.  There's no commercial team. There's no hospitality team. There's no club doctor as required by league rules. There's no admin staff.  What there is. are a bunch of people with the keys to the office  and no idea how to run a football club. If we're really really lucky they might just manage to get the next home game on.  

2 members of the media team remain. Average age of 20 between them though if that makes a difference 

21 hours ago, K Mac said:

Happy first post K Mac - Interested to see how long you stay around for 

16 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

You gonna go, to the game?

14 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

But why have they all left this week and not at any other point in the last four months?

There has been some absolutely shitebag tit for tat behaviour lately from both sides 

A senior member of the supporters trust, who was mooted as an interim chairman,  had some tweets and Facebook posts highlighted by some people who literally joined a few weeks ago, he has also been blocked by the clubs official social media channels. In the aftermath an email was sent by a recently Departed director containing some pretty nasty comments aimed at individuals on the supporters trust. 

In retort, a member of the supporters trust, whom I know but won't name here went rooting through some old posts on here from the club chairman about a decade ago and went running to the Daily Record with them, some rather un pc comments about women, including the phrase "boot in the pie" in particular, not great admittedly but absolute snake, shitebag behaviour, as was the similar actions previously regarding the tweets from the senior member of the supporters trust. 

All in all a pretty embarrassing set of affairs but, in particular the snakes grassing individuals up over old social media comments are a complete red neck and frankly as far as I'm concerned, the individuals behind this, on both sides can get so far to f**k. 

21 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

But why have they all left this week and not at any other point in the last four months?

As far as I know, some left after a majority war board was returned.  The few left went after Stuart's little series of social media suicide comments came to light and he had no other option but to resign.  Generally nobody wanted to work for people appointed by Thompson and co.  When you are dumb enough to release a statement declaring they could be replaced no problem if they left, it hardly motivated them to stay. 

9 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

There has been some absolutely shitebag tit for tat behaviour lately from both sides 

A senior member of the supporters trust, who was mooted as an interim chairman,  had some tweets and Facebook posts highlighted by some people who literally joined a few weeks ago, he has also been blocked by the clubs official social media channels. In the aftermath an email was sent by a recently Departed director containing some pretty nasty comments aimed at individuals on the supporters trust. 

In retort, a member of the supporters trust, whom I know but won't name here went rooting through some old posts on here from the club chairman about a decade ago and went running to the Daily Record with them, some rather un pc comments about women, including the phrase "boot in the pie" in particular, not great admittedly but absolute snake, shitebag behaviour, as was the similar actions previously regarding the tweets from the senior member of the supporters trust. 

All in all a pretty embarrassing set of affairs but, in particular the snakes grassing individuals up over old social media comments are a complete red neck and frankly as far as I'm concerned, the individuals behind this, on both sides can get so far to f**k. 

I knew about all you reveal, but for the blocking of the proposed interim chairman.  I can totally understand how you feel towards both sides. Every goal an own goal and the whole thing finally decided by yet another own goal. Regardless of who trawled up Stuart's old comments, he can only blame himself for them and does.  Perhaps the trawling was a knee jerk response to the email comments you describe?  Who knows?  What difference does it make now? That's not a dig at you mate, just how I feel about it. 

What matters now is keeping the club functioning. For example you can still order from the club shop online, but there's literally nobody there to process it.  I don't have to like those tasked with filling the vacuum to want the vacuum competently and promptly filled for the fans sake.  I just want Darren and the boys to win games right now.

Re the need for a club doctor problem, I suggest contacting former club doctor Dr Behr.  He supports the club and is in practice at the Allan park surgery on the right hand side as you approach Kings park.  I can't guarantee he'll do it again, but it's worth a try. Just pay him what he asks for if he'll do it. There isn't time to shop around.

Club Doctor problem.....what Club Doctor problem?? As far as I'm aware, we have a Club Doctor and he was just voted onto the Trust Board last week. No announcement from the Trust or the Club saying he has had a change of mind.