Stirling Albion Thread

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Great to see Harrison Clark get man of the match the other day that young man needs games. Good luck to you and to him, seems like a great guy. 

Early days, but we always like good news stories at Fothbank.

Noticed Arbroath have  Mason Hancock on loan from Aberdeen. Stirling had him on loan last season and he hardly put a foot wrong. Hope he has similar success in Championship.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Great to see Harrison Clark get man of the match the other day that young man needs games. Good luck to you and to him, seems like a great guy. 

Dick Campbell has a real eye for good ones.  I liked Paterson too.  Hancock looked like real class at left back, so Dick has landed you another good one.  Dick is a legend as far as I'm concerned. 

2 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Dick Campbell has a real eye for good ones.  I liked Paterson too.  Hancock looked like real class at left back, so Dick has landed you another good one.  Dick is a legend as far as I'm concerned. 

100 percent he’s playing football manager in real life the way he has helped transform the club on and off the park couldn’t have been done any better he’s a legend 

Would love to see and think Paterson go back out on loan again but not sure Stirling will be in the running cause on face of it he really never got much game time last season? 

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

100 percent he’s playing football manager in real life the way he has helped transform the club on and off the park couldn’t have been done any better he’s a legend 

Would love to see and think Paterson go back out on loan again but not sure Stirling will be in the running cause on face of it he really never got much game time last season? 

It wouldn't break my heart to see Paterson back here on loan.  He couldn't have come here at a worse time though.  DY might have given him more opportunities if he didn't inherit a demoralised mess to sort out.   Players getting sent off needlessly.  A bare bones shaky back 4 with no cover and trying to find out what he had worth keeping.  Amid all that, Paterson still managed to look good despite few opportunities to do it. 

Edited by WC Boggs
add

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Signing Scott Allan should be a master stroke too   What a talent that boy has.  And you've enough legs in the rest of the team to accommodate him.  Like virtually every other supporter of a part time club I am extremely envious of what your club is doing 

Yeah Paterson shown plenty of promise but you can tell he also needs a whole lot of games and a whole lot more experience to play in Championship. From Stirling though I’m sure so maybe again. You can take Hilson while we’re at it, sure he is Stirling too 

19 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Signing Scott Allan should be a master stroke too   What a talent that boy has.  And you've enough legs in the rest of the team to accommodate him.  Like virtually every other supporter of a part time club I am extremely envious of what your club is doing 

Scott Allan aside the things I am much happier about is the club getting in and around the community, 1200 season tickets last year, 1400 this year, attendances been much improved for many years now. Also the work that has been done to improve Gayfield. Scott Allan might only be here for 2 years but that impact is generational 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah Paterson shown plenty of promise but you can tell he also needs a whole lot of games and a whole lot more experience to play in Championship. From Stirling though I’m sure so maybe again. You can take Hilson while we’re at it, sure he is Stirling too 

Scott Allan aside the things I am much happier about is the club getting in and around the community, 1200 season tickets last year, 1400 this year, attendances been much improved for many years now. Also the work that has been done to improve Gayfield. Scott Allan might only be here for 2 years but that impact is generational 

It's the building work that's been done over the years that allowed you to attract the like of Scott Allan in the first place.  Success on the park is the mainstay of that of course and I hope you manage to stay in your lofty position. 

Well. Since half time at the Elgin game we have scored 7 and only conceded 1. I am positively giddy.

Will be interesting to see if Davidson will become a starter once he’s fit and at who’s expense. 

Brechin in the jobby cup in midweek. Don’t really care what happens. They are on a tremendous run in the HL so if they field a strong team and we heavily rotate we’ll do well to avoid defeat. But the main concern is Saturday at Bonnyrigg. Will be a very tough game but our tails are up just now and I’m hopeful we’ll take something from the game. 

On 22/08/2022 at 11:33, BinoBalls said:

Well. Since half time at the Elgin game we have scored 7 and only conceded 1. I am positively giddy.

Will be interesting to see if Davidson will become a starter once he’s fit and at who’s expense. 

Brechin in the jobby cup in midweek. Don’t really care what happens. They are on a tremendous run in the HL so if they field a strong team and we heavily rotate we’ll do well to avoid defeat. But the main concern is Saturday at Bonnyrigg. Will be a very tough game but our tails are up just now and I’m hopeful we’ll take something from the game. 

Stirling will one day do well in a cup competition. 

3 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Stirling will one day do well in a cup competition. 

Been there, league cup 1961/62 semi final lost 2-1 to Hearts.   Our list of non-success is slightly longer though, 7 times out of the Scottish to non-league sides plus last night's loss.

Brechin deserved to go through, they controlled the first half and large parts of the second. We did miss 2 penalties to win the game though, first one on the 90 minute mark, the second to win the shoot out.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone know what the offending posts he made were?

I'm sure he used to be on P&B before becoming Chairman. Considering the tone of some of the threads that used to be the norm in General Nonsense a decade ago and have aged extremely badly, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it's old posts on here being dragged up.

22 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm sure he used to be on P&B before becoming Chairman. Considering the tone of some of the threads that used to be the norm in General Nonsense a decade ago and have aged extremely badly, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it's old posts on here being dragged up.

That would be utterly tremendous.

7 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

The ones quoted in the Daily Record are mainly from a Coronation Street thread and a couple of others that haven't aged well at all

So I'm guessing The Phoenix is cancelled.

Any link to this? The only article I can find says the content of his posts remain unclear.