Stirling Albion Thread

1 minute ago, BinoBalls said:

At the Trust Board meeting they stated some people who had “voted” (in other words a director voted for them by proxy) had emailed to ask to be removed from trust mailing lists. So the truth lies somewhere in between. 

I don’t doubt the majority have signed back up again but I still think this was at best a very misguided and naive move. It looks so amateurish. Fair enough persuade others to join who care about it but if someone isn’t prepared take 5 minutes to join themselves and submit a vote themselves then I don’t think they should get a vote at all. And as speak as someone who also voted NO to the resolutions. 

Just desperately wish the people involved on each board would jettison the stubborn souls on their own “side” and get together and come up with a solution. We’re going to tank another season while the constant petty bickering goes on. 

I totally agree with you, that so many people going through a single email address was both lazy, stupid and presenting the Trust board with a gift.  Disenfranchising the entire membership was still an over the top response.

There is no chance of these two boards having a reconciliation. Contrary to the one sided version put about, that the club board were the only ones refusing to talk to the other. It was both. In fact the Trust board's complaint that an official channel was used to attack a Trust board member, was born out repeated failure by the Trust board to answer emails from the club board.

It's way beyond bickering and way beyond talking.  This club is openly bloody toxic as a result. One side or the other, has to be voted out. Not that there's a long term solution in that, the model needs fixed. I think we should move any further discussion to the other thread again. Those who don't want to know about it all, should have a thread free of it.

16 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

We won at Dumbarton. Well and truly pleasantly surprised by that. Well done team. Well done Darren. 

To the sick b*****ds in our support who love it when we lose. Get it right up ye!

Let’s hope it’s a sign of things to come mate 🤞🏻

Pleasantly surprised at that result and by all accounts we were well worth it.

Still think we need a couple more decent players… the last couple of signings seem more like squad fillers than players you’d expect to get us challenging for promotion. 

55 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Where do away fans tend to drink before games?

Love a pint in the Curly Coo and Nicky Tams when I’m in Stirling but they’re a bit of a trek from the ground 

The supporters bar, which was inside the stadium was turfed out by Active Stirling, purely out of vindictive ness to the supporters club who actively opposed their mouthpiece, Ken Lewandowski being installed as club chairman, they threw a yoga mat in it, claiming that it technically belongs to them the room even though there was plenty space for the bar to remain in place and the room be utilised on non match days, just typical of the arrogance of Active Stirling who show similar disdain for paying members and the public of the nearby 'Peak' whenever a local sports club requests sole use of the pool for the weekend etc, on you go and f**k the members and public who actually pay for the facility, if they don't like it tough shit. 

You can get a pre match pint at the Springkerse View, a Brewers Fare type gastro pub/restaurant just behind the East Stand at Forthbank, it's pretty 'meh', okay for that kind of establishment but nothing to write home about. 

On 10/07/2022 at 19:28, Flybhoy said:

The supporters bar, which was inside the stadium was turfed out by Active Stirling, purely out of vindictive ness to the supporters club who actively opposed their mouthpiece, Ken Lewandowski being installed as club chairman, they threw a yoga mat in it, claiming that it technically belongs to them the room even though there was plenty space for the bar to remain in place and the room be utilised on non match days, just typical of the arrogance of Active Stirling who show similar disdain for paying members and the public of the nearby 'Peak' whenever a local sports club requests sole use of the pool for the weekend etc, on you go and f**k the members and public who actually pay for the facility, if they don't like it tough shit. 

You can get a pre match pint at the Springkerse View, a Brewers Fare type gastro pub/restaurant just behind the East Stand at Forthbank, it's pretty 'meh', okay for that kind of establishment but nothing to write home about. 

i don't think that Active Stirling are the best landlords arounds, but I'm not sure that Ken Lewandowski getting the bum's rush over 4 years ago was the reason for the bar's closure.

The Forthbank rumour mill is rife and doubtless individuals will have their own pet theory regarding the loss of the bar.

3 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

i don't think that Active Stirling are the best landlords arounds, but I'm not sure that Ken Lewandowski getting the bum's rush over 4 years ago was the reason for the bar's closure.

The Forthbank rumour mill is rife and doubtless individuals will have their own pet theory regarding the loss of the bar.

Agree at times I wonder if Active Stirling want a semi pro football team in Stirling at times. They seem to me more concerned at getting more money from Forthbank but seem reluctant to spend money on maintaining the ground. 

Edited by rhliston

15 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

I see there upgrading the floodlight... 

Yes think they had too due to problems in the past with the floodlights. Upgrading to LED bulbs. Should give a better light and are cheaper to run so I understand. 

Edited by rhliston

24 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

We have done every other year, a programme covering both home games understandably 

Cheers. Makes sense for it to be a double issue. Will look out for it next week.