Stirling Albion Thread

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Yes. As things stand it looks like we’re building a squad to challenge for 7th place again. At least this season we can finally stop getting our hopes up. 

I would have thought given the budget DY has been given up 15% from last year, playoffs at the minimum would be our target this season. 

24 minutes ago, gmca said:

We've got 15 players signed up, so would expect something like another 4 to come in plus maybe a couple of loans. Think we're comparatively better off for numbers at the moment than most other teams in our league.

Manager was quoted as saying he hopes to confirm 1 or 2 in the near future. Pre season starts next Thursday.

A couple of really good signings and I can see us pushing for 5th.

Still early days yet on the signing front, with the budget DY has up 15% from last year we would be looking at playoffs minimum. Anything less and its another wasted season. 

On 04/06/2022 at 10:44, TheWestStand said:

Is anyone else getting worried with the lack of signings? I'm probably over-reacting but hey-ho 

No, can’t say I am. It’s still early days and it’s the deals that are done before the season kicks off that concern me, not where we are early June.

The signings so far have been fine, the resigning have been ok as well, if DY needs to wait a few weeks to get his last few signings over the line then so be it, as long as we are ready to hit the ground running when the real stuff starts.

The squad so far looks OK and a couple more decent signings we should be capable of a playoff challenge at least.

But..... I think that every year before the inevitable disappointment.

Its really going to come down to if DY can coach the team a bit better than the previous incumbents.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

No, can’t say I am. It’s still early days and it’s the deals that are done before the season kicks off that concern me, not where we are early June.

The signings so far have been fine, the resigning have been ok as well, if DY needs to wait a few weeks to get his last few signings over the line then so be it, as long as we are ready to hit the ground running when the real stuff starts.

It is early days and I'd be surprised if DY wasn't working to fill some obvious gaps in his squad. A left back for starters.  We are to say the least, a bit short on striker options. Midfield isn't exactly awash with serious competition for places either.  I have no doubt our manager is aware what he needs. I just hope he can get who he needs to sign on.

21 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

It is early days and I'd be surprised if DY wasn't working to fill some obvious gaps in his squad. A left back for starters. 

Yip, huge hole there and one of those positions that we have struggled to fill over a number of years now. I wonder if that's one of those positions that will be filled by an SPL youngster on loan?? Time will tell, would be great to see Hancock return, but looking at the list of players on the PFA website or on the released list on here, there's nobody really jumping out at me, although there are a good number of players that I simply don't know.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Yip, huge hole there and one of those positions that we have struggled to fill over a number of years now. I wonder if that's one of those positions that will be filled by an SPL youngster on loan?? Time will tell, would be great to see Hancock return, but looking at the list of players on the PFA website or on the released list on here, there's nobody really jumping out at me, although there are a good number of players that I simply don't know.

It's not easy to be patient when you can see holes needing plugged, but the alternative is panic.  I'll keep the panic on hold for now.

57 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

How did Dylan Patterson perform for you guys last season.

A talented quick and direct player, on loan at a time where low morale, sending offs and a new manager needing to assess what he had inherited, resulted in him getting few chances to shine.  On what little we saw of him he looked a good Dick Campbell catch to me.