Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Are you going to sign anyone Darren Young didn’t have at East Fife?

What’s your goalkeeper like?

I have heard that a team is looking at the East Fife keeper as well.

I’ll take Danny Denholm, remember him being a bit of a grafter at Arbroath. I remember the season Stuart McLaren brought in about 9 players that Martyn Corrigan had worked with at Stenny, hope it’s not going to turn out like that.

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How was McNiff last season? Know mostly what we're getting as he was here before but just wondering how he looked last year. 

Didn`t know McNiff was away, did okay for us scored a couple of goals but was injured and out for a spell. Should be an asset to your team next season. 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

How was McNiff last season? Know mostly what we're getting as he was here before but just wondering how he looked last year. 

Just noticed on our club site that he has left and then next tweet down that he had joined you. Early season he was a goal scoring marauding Full Back who looked very good and caused problems. As RListon said, he suffered from injury and was out for awhile then about Christmas time, maybe after, he came back into the squad as a Centre Back, maybe down to injuries maybe it’s just where Young wanted to play him, I don’t know, but he did ok, steady enough and for me, a good enough player to stay at this level and a decent signing for Dumbarton. 

8 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Wow, we said that about DY at East Fife, never ever had a left back. He must not believe in having one!!!

Actually I was referring to the experience under previous managers. One of the first things DY did on getting here was bring in a damned good left back on loan.  McNiff being the last player to be announced as leaving suggests that DY wanted him to stay, so it looks like he does want one here. I just hope he finds a good one with McNIiff deciding to move on.  

Season Tickets now on sale

Adults: £205, Concessions: £125 , Under 17’s and Students: £50 and Under 12’s Free

Hope the £50 and Free season tickets can continue to attract more youngsters along, especially with the introduction of the Singing and Family sections.

FB367884-E08D-47E1-B41A-B0846C12A55B.jpeg

Edited by BB_Bino

On 17/05/2022 at 21:07, BB_Bino said:

I’ll take Danny Denholm, remember him being a bit of a grafter at Arbroath. I remember the season Stuart McLaren brought in about 9 players that Martyn Corrigan had worked with at Stenny, hope it’s not going to turn out like that.

Denholm was fkn great until he got crocked after a bad tackle from Eddie Malone. Never same player since, lost that 5 yards he had to get away from players. The difference before and after was scary 

Just now, AberhillEnd said:

Ross Dunlop away to Gartcairn, would've bet money he Was Forthbank bound.

Joining his brother who is manager at Gartcairn instead of his auld da' Young.

1 hour ago, TheWestStand said:

Is anyone else getting worried with the lack of signings? I'm probably over-reacting but hey-ho 

Yes. As things stand it looks like we’re building a squad to challenge for 7th place again. At least this season we can finally stop getting our hopes up. 

5 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

Is anyone else getting worried with the lack of signings? I'm probably over-reacting but hey-ho 

We've got 15 players signed up, so would expect something like another 4 to come in plus maybe a couple of loans. Think we're comparatively better off for numbers at the moment than most other teams in our league.

Manager was quoted as saying he hopes to confirm 1 or 2 in the near future. Pre season starts next Thursday.

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Yes. As things stand it looks like we’re building a squad to challenge for 7th place again. At least this season we can finally stop getting our hopes up. 

A couple of really good signings and I can see us pushing for 5th.