Stirling Albion Thread

20 hours ago, CM. said:

We've signed Kurtis Roberts supposedly

He’s a decent box to box midfielder who has improved in his time at the Albion. I didn’t realise he was 27 so I assumed he go go much further in the game has he been the early 20s player I assumed he was.

good luck to him. He’ll inevitably come back and haunt us somewhere.

edit: I managed to post some text in the middle from my phone listening to James O’Brien on LBC Radio there. No idea how I did that..

Edited by Ray Vaughn

35 minutes ago, Ray Vaughn said:

He’s a decent box to box midfielder who has improved in his time at the Albion. I didn’ Alasdair Dunn ha ha James Rhind on LBC radio in the Alasdair Dunn ha ha James Rhind on LBC radiot realise he was 27 so I assumed he go go much further in the game has he been the early 20s player I assumed he was.

Lunchtime drinking should be outlawed.

2 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Wrong. In UK law, a director’s total emoluments are required to include expenses. Read section 2, paragraph 3 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1997/570/made

Be great if we could get back to talking about footballing matters on this thread. There’s another Stirling Albion thread on this very forum for all the board / Trust drama. 

Agree lets hope WC Boggs also gets the message. 

7 hours ago, Red Watch said:

I never said any such thing.  What I did was to pose this question -  "As to the amalgamation of the boards, is it not the case that the Club Board expressed support for this concept in March?  If so, it would scarcely constitute a takeover of operational decisions or a "power grab".

I have never mentioned the origin of such a proposal.  

This is not the first time you have distorted what people have said.  Cutting down on the wine and spirits may help you to be more accurate in the future!

OK, I'll correct that too. The club did not express support for that concept in March.  You did not say who proposed that concept. There was a proposal put  by the Trust board that the Exec did accept, which did not involve amalgamation. One intended to be to be put to the membership for approval at the AGM when we finally get to it.  We were both inaccurate, but one of us can at least admit to that.

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

Oh and while on the subject of mistakes, I do recall you saying that Stuart Brown received £7.500 in expenses did you not ? 

I went back and checked the latest Club Accounts and under note 6 it states "During the year , the Director J S Brown received emoluments of £7,500 (2020 -£5,000) 

Check again, it said the two amounts related to two years, not one.  Now we find out if you can admit to your mistakes.

16 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Check again, it said the two amounts related to two years, not one.  Now we find out if you can admit to your mistakes.

See my response in the Stirling Albion Trust Thread. 

Nathan Flannigan has officially left the club. Can’t say this surprises me and I can’t say I’m to fussed really.

Thought the first few months of the season that he was frightening, and was going to be a cracking signing but he quickly turned into the opposite of how he started.

Someone could great a cracking player if they can get him back on his game, but I never got the impression that he was all too happy at the club last season. I do wish him well in his next step though.

17 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Nathan Flannigan has officially left the club. Can’t say this surprises me and I can’t say I’m to fussed really.

Thought the first few months of the season that he was frightening, and was going to be a cracking signing but he quickly turned into the opposite of how he started.

Someone could great a cracking player if they can get him back on his game, but I never got the impression that he was all too happy at the club last season. I do wish him well in his next step though.

When you beat us in the PS cup at the start of the season I thought he looked very good technically, very quick and direct so echo your starting sentiments. I thought he'd shine in L2 but clearly it didn't work out. Any ideas where he's off too? Think he's worth a gamble for any L1 side?

On 11/05/2022 at 09:14, drs said:

Its amazing that Stirling have spent the majority of the last 15 years kicking about the bottom league of the SPFL and yet there are still lickspittles kissing the current boards backside on here despite a decade of repeated failure.

Fans of other clubs would have been on top of this years ago and had the failures at the top removed long ago.

100%, too many people interested in keeping a job title rather than having the clubs best interest at heart. Clubs being ran into the ground with the current regime. Egos need put aside for the sake of the club. Got mouthpieces on both sides making the club look a laughing stock as per. Pensioners acting like toddlers running this club 

20 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

When you beat us in the PS cup at the start of the season I thought he looked very good technically, very quick and direct so echo your starting sentiments. I thought he'd shine in L2 but clearly it didn't work out. Any ideas where he's off too? Think he's worth a gamble for any L1 side?

I suspect that one of the reasons he's left was that DY couldn't guarantee him a start as has been the case lately. It's unlikely that a L1 side could offer him this. He's certainly a good player at this level though and will be snapped up soon if not already.

I heard that Dunsmore has got a two year deal with you [emoji460]️[emoji16]

Quite possibly. It wasn’t announced on Twitter so I don’t know, however Robert Thomson was given one and Blair Currie is believed to be on one, so we are not afraid to hand out 2 year deals.

If offering 2 year deals gets us players ahead of other clubs at a similar level then I think it’s a great idea.  Going by the amount of times we see players mutually ending their contract with the club when they fall out of favour, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was easy enough to let a player go anyway, if it hadn't worked out by the end of year 1.

Hoping for another couple of decent signings soon.

Robert Thomson is by all accounts a very good player although not a goal machine as such. 

Dunsmore looked decent as games went on. 

Ross Davidson is apparently very good but has been injured so still a small risk in case he doesn’t reach previous heights. 

However let’s remember we finished 7th last season, and 5th the season before. We need to improve considerably if we are to threaten promotion. Hoping for a couple of eye catching signings, or most likely we’ll end up finishing about 6th, and the pressure on the board will increase even further.  

3 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Are you going to sign anyone Darren Young didn’t have at East Fife?

Yes we’re also going to swoop for players he had at Albion Rovers and absolutely no one else shall be looked at. 

9 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Are you going to sign anyone Darren Young didn’t have at East Fife?

Probably not

Kevin Rutki going back to players from annan who were not good enough for them all over again