Stirling Albion Thread

3 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Regarding the pigeon shit thing, No I would blame the pigeon silly man, who need therapy more than me, I can assure you of that. 

Personally I would thank that pigeon for it's good taste and accuracy.

13 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

No need to be sorry BazMac, it is embarrassing. This club has been a public Punch of Judy show for years. Yes I'm part of that, but what do you do when the chairman is being  hunted with slurs and innuendo and bugger all facts to back them up? Just let it all go?

It is not true that the chairman is refusing to give financial information. The accounts are audited and the Trust board gets to review those accounts. Any questions the chairman is not answering are questions on accounts for years that have already been audited and seen by the Trust board.

They seem determined to find something over or outwith the audits and the chairman can't answer questions on some non existent fantasy of financial impropriety. Yet it gets repeated over and over again, until people think there's something to hide.

Wouldn't it be nice if just once the Trust board deigned to tell the membership what the hell it is they they think is wrong?  Even better, provide some bloody proof something is wrong with the accounts. But no, they just leave the innuendo hanging to stink the club up like a giant fart.  The Trust board's whole approach is based on the assumption there's something to hide with no evidence for the assumption.  All under the buzzwords of transparency and accountability,  There is nobody less transparent or accountable than that bunch. They are also about as impartial as a pack of hyenas hunting for dinner.

Believe what you want mate, but this whole campaign of online slur, character assassination  and innuendo against the chairman has gone on for over 5 years. A campaign conducted by a hardcore of  bitter malcontents I grudge sharing the same stadium with.  Does that mean I'm bitter too? When I see a good man put through this relentless baseless shit, you're damned right it does! 

If you think that this “ whole campaign of online slur, character assassination , and innuendo against the Chairman has gone on for over 5 years. A campaign conducted by a hardcore of bitter malcontents I grudge sharing the same stadium with” your very wrong. The previous Trust Board I would agree went out of their way to get rid of Stuart Brown and failed after members took action to remove them. 
We’re you their that night at the Golden Lion when they resigned en mass ? I was and the Trust Board that was elected has not been after Stuart Brown as you claim. Nothing further from the truth be told. They have tried to work with the Club Board but have found it impossible at times to get any sort of communication going from the Club Board. 

As I have stated many times but it seems to have been ignored that I Alone put forward these resolutions to remove Stuart Brown and John Daly along with another resolution to merge both Boards. At the end of the day it’s up to the members of the Trust to vote for or against my resolutions. 
This whole matter could have settled a while ago but for some dubious practices during the vote, which the Trust Board felt compiled to take action over. 

19 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Yes he has. He's had enough. 

Still to come, decapitation of the exec by voting out the chairman.

No doubt followed by Colin Rowley resigning.  In fact, called on to resign by an Email from the Trust board, for the unforgiveable sin of having the decency and integrity to support his colleague and accept co accountability for board decisions. The Trust board just decided the membership didn't need to know they did that!

That leaves a maximum of 3 Exec board members left, assuming Lorri doesn't go as well.

All that's left is the resolution to amalgamate the boards and if passed, you have a complete takeover of operational decisions and director appointments by the Trust board.  You'd almost think somebody had planned it that way.  Yet it's the Exec who gets accused of a power grab. That's what people are really being asked to vote for. Good luck with that campers.

So John Daly will go down in the annuls of Stirling Albion history as lasting as a director for a mere 115 days.  Scarcely time to have "had enough".   Please tell us what he has "had enough" of.  Was he getting a hard time from fellow directors on similar lines to that experienced by John Hunter who suddenly resigned a few years ago?

As to the amalgamation of the boards, is it not the case that the Club Board expressed support for this concept in March?  If so, it would scarcely constitute a takeover of operational decisions or a "power grab".

I suggest you refrain from being emblematic of a certain ale produced by the Harvistoun Brewery.  It does not enhance your reputation one iota.

26 minutes ago, CM. said:

We've signed Kurtis Roberts supposedly

On the plus side he has tremendous stamina, always gives 100%, good pace and has a decent shot on him.

But he needs someone alongside him to rein him in occasionally or he'll try to beat ten men, lose the ball and try like buggery to win it back again.  Then repeat.  Then get too knackered to chase back, leaving the defence exposed.

We had that early on when Marc Laird was in the team - for the first 4 or 5 months Roberts was outstanding - but once Laird succumbed to his inevitable injuries, Roberts lost his way a bit.  Was really hoping Ray Grant would be the answer but he came in at a time when the team was gripped by collective ineptitude and zero confidence so it never really worked out.

He was popular with the fans for his work ethic and if someone can temper his running and enthusiasm with a bit of discipline you will have a decent signing there

45 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

So John Daly will go down in the annuls of Stirling Albion history as lasting as a director for a mere 115 days.  Scarcely time to have "had enough".   Please tell us what he has "had enough" of.  Was he getting a hard time from fellow directors on similar lines to that experienced by John Hunter who suddenly resigned a few years ago?

As to the amalgamation of the boards, is it not the case that the Club Board expressed support for this concept in March?  If so, it would scarcely constitute a takeover of operational decisions or a "power grab".

I suggest you refrain from being emblematic of a certain ale produced by the Harvistoun Brewery.  It does not enhance your reputation one iota.

He's had enough for the same reason he lost it and made an unwise statement. Online abuse from the scum element of our support.  I have no memory of why Hunter resigned. I don't think I even knew at the time.

As to the amalgamation of the boards, is it not the case that it was the Trust board who was pressuring the Exec to agree to that? As usual, without seeking the views of the membership before they did it. A step that would have the Trust board members involved in operational decision making. An aspiration Allardyce (Albion man) denied they have or ever had. I did know about that and waited for the Trust board to tell the membership about it. You know, transparency and all that.  They didn't to my knowledge though, but you just have. Not the way they should find out is it? I do thank you for bringing that subject up though. Merci beau coup d'etats

What did happen next was an extraordinary coincidence, where Liston and pal launched a resolution to remove the Chairman and vote on amalgamating the boards. Some coincidences do just happen. Others get made to happen. I wonder which one that was? A resolution for an amalgamation up for a vote with no detail, or explanation on how it would be set up or work. Just boom, one board, with the chairman removed. 

Try the arithmetic. The chairman gone, Daly gone. That would leave the Trust board with a 6 to 4 majority on an amalgamated board, even if Colin Rowley didn't resign. What incredible luck! The people with no interest in interfering with operational decisions, suddenly end up in a majority on this one board and in control of it. But of course nobody planned that. Perish the thought.  

As for my drinking habits smart arse, I'm a wine and spirits man salute.

Ross Davidson is an excellent signing for you.

Delighted to hear it, I remember him doing well for Albion Rovers a few years back, but didn’t know what to make of the signing. Think the fact Young has taken him to the 3 clubs he has managed, speaks volumes that he is very much his man, so fingers crossed he hits the ground running.

We've signed Kurtis Roberts supposedly

I’ve said a lot about Roberts above, so I’m not going to repeat myself, would be surprised if he has much of an impact at League 1 level and would have to question why Lennon has signed 2 Midfielders from us, when for most of the season, our Midfield was pretty rotten and a huge problem for us. Anyway, good luck to the lad.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

What did happen next was an extraordinary coincidence, where Liston and pal launched a resolution to remove the Chairman and vote on amalgamating the boards. Some coincidences do just happen. Others get made to happen. I wonder which one that was? A resolution for an amalgamation up for a vote with no detail, or explanation on how it would be set up or work. Just boom, one board, with the chairman removed. 

Yes what a coincidence I propose a resolution about removing Stuart Brown, I take it you did not attend the previous AGM of the Trust held on Zoom where I warned of taking further action as I was not happy with the teams performance on the park. The resolution I proposed was a follow up to the fact that once again the team had failed to make the playoffs and I was only delivering on my promise to take action. Take what you will out of this these are the facts. 

The resolution about merging the 2 Boards came about the refusal of Stuart Brown and John Daly to attend a meeting with the Trust Board unless one member Ian Doyle was not present. That spurred me into proposing this . Far too much nonsense has been happening between these 2 Boards, I felt it was time that this stopped and its only way I could think of getting it sorted out. Again if you read my explanation to Trust Members I state this when I proposed my resolutions. 

Edited by rhliston

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Believe what you want mate, but this whole campaign of online slur, character assassination  and innuendo against the chairman has gone on for over 5 years. 

I"m not really looking to believe anything...  mainly because both sides have probably, in some way, done some right and some wrong. So accepting that, and moving aside the blame game, it would be good to just get down to the point of it and work out a solution.

33 minutes ago, BazMac said:

I"m not really looking to believe anything...  mainly because both sides have probably, in some way, done some right and some wrong. So accepting that, and moving aside the blame game, it would be good to just get down to the point of it and work out a solution.

If only mate. If only.  That would require people sitting down and talking without suspicion or rancour. I think it's all gone beyond that, but it would be a better option than any of the ones going right now.

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

If you think that this “ whole campaign of online slur, character assassination , and innuendo against the Chairman has gone on for over 5 years. A campaign conducted by a hardcore of bitter malcontents I grudge sharing the same stadium with” your very wrong. The previous Trust Board I would agree went out of their way to get rid of Stuart Brown and failed after members took action to remove them. 
We’re you their that night at the Golden Lion when they resigned en mass ? I was and the Trust Board that was elected has not been after Stuart Brown as you claim. Nothing further from the truth be told. They have tried to work with the Club Board but have found it impossible at times to get any sort of communication going from the Club Board. 

As I have stated many times but it seems to have been ignored that I Alone put forward these resolutions to remove Stuart Brown and John Daly along with another resolution to merge both Boards. At the end of the day it’s up to the members of the Trust to vote for or against my resolutions. 
This whole matter could have settled a while ago but for some dubious practices during the vote, which the Trust Board felt compiled to take action over. 

The social media slur and innuendo campaign never stopped, still goes on and well you know it. Yes I was at the Golden Lion. Summoned there like everybody else to hear that peace was upon us and Stuart was to get an apology for the way he was treated. Instead, we were treated to a pre written resignation speech, no apology and the press invited to report on a staged mass resignation citing "fan intimidation."

The new Trust board initially did work in cooperation and behave itself. Then it started losing good people like Robert Clubb, Lorri and Steve Kaney.  Even Allardyce quit, but didn't say a word then about any problem with Stuart. By December last year the Trust board had lost so many people it no longer had a quorum. They had co-opted Hutchison by then, but still remained a body short. So quite rightly they appealed to the membership for people to step up. Two did, Doyle and Thompson. Two of Stuart and Colin Rowley's most unrelenting enemies and it all went downhill from there.  You know who I blame for that?  Me and people like me, who knowing exactly what thot pair really represented sat on our arses and let them waltz in unopposed. Any talk of that board being impartial after that was pure drivel.

Yes, you have always claimed that your resolution was entirely your brainchild. A pity Red Watch has just dropped it that merging the board's was a Trust board proposal to the Exec back in March.  Since you claim merging the board was entirely your idea, you'll be able to tell me what changes you had in mind to the constitution to facilitate that?  Also whether all 6 Trust board members would become directors with full voting rights on the new merged board and if not why not? You do say it was your idea after all, so I'm sure the membership would like to hear your full plan before they vote on it.

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

Yes what a coincidence I propose a resolution about removing Stuart Brown, I take it you did not attend the previous AGM of the Trust held on Zoom where I warned of taking further action as I was not happy with the teams performance on the park. The resolution I proposed was a follow up to the fact that once again the team had failed to make the playoffs and I was only delivering on my promise to take action. Take what you will out of this these are the facts. 

The resolution about merging the 2 Boards came about the refusal of Stuart Brown and John Daly to attend a meeting with the Trust Board unless one member Ian Doyle was not present. That spurred me into proposing this resolution. Far too much nonsense has been happening between these 2 Boards, I felt it was time that this stopped and the its only way I could think of getting it sorted out. Again if you read my explanation to Trust Members I state this when I proposed my resolutions. 

Your explanation for the merge the boards resolution was. "The club doesn't  need two boards." That was it. You said nothing about Stuart and Daly refusing to sit down with Doyle in it. You did bring the Doyle matter up on social media AFTER you handed in your resolution with that short Doyle free resolution. BEFORE you even put that resolution in, the Trust board had already proposed merging the two boards to the Exec. I think you need to get your story straight Mr Liston, because that part just doesn't fly.

4 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

I needed a good read of all that after a crappy day and was thoroughly entertained 

cheers lads 

Glad to be of service...... At least I think I am.

May tomorrow be crap free for you.

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

The resolution about merging the 2 Boards came about the refusal of Stuart Brown and John Daly to attend a meeting with the Trust Board unless one member Ian Doyle was not present. That spurred me into proposing this . Far too much nonsense has been happening between these 2 Boards, I felt it was time that this stopped and its only way I could think of getting it sorted out. Again if you read my explanation to Trust Members I state this when I proposed my resolutions. 

This may or nor surprise you Mr Liston, but I'm actually going to apologize to you for something.

Red Watch was completely wrong about the Trust board proposing that the two boards merge back in March. I'm sure it was a genuine mistake on his part though. I knew that the Trust board did make a proposal that the Exec agreed to back then, but wasn't really clear in my memory what it was. When Red watch said it was a proposed Merger of the boards I assumed his recollection was better than mine and that must be right. 

I checked back as I sometimes do when my memory isn't clear and there you go. He's got it wrong. I've got it wrong and a merger of the boards was NOT proposed by the Trust Board, or agreed back in March, before you launched your resolution.  I apologize to you for getting that wrong.  I'd much rather correct a mistake when I know I've made one than let it stand. You are due an apology for that and I make it ungrudgingly.

11 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Yes, you have always claimed that your resolution was entirely your brainchild. A pity Red Watch has just dropped it that merging the board's was a Trust board proposal to the Exec back in March.  Since you claim merging the board was entirely your idea, you'll be able to tell me what changes you had in mind to the constitution to facilitate that?  Also whether all 6 Trust board members would become directors with full voting rights on the new merged board and if not why not? You do say it was your idea after all, so I'm sure the membership would like to hear your full plan before they vote on it.

I never said any such thing.  What I did was to pose this question -  "As to the amalgamation of the boards, is it not the case that the Club Board expressed support for this concept in March?  If so, it would scarcely constitute a takeover of operational decisions or a "power grab".

I have never mentioned the origin of such a proposal.  

This is not the first time you have distorted what people have said.  Cutting down on the wine and spirits may help you to be more accurate in the future!

12 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

This may or nor surprise you Mr Liston, but I'm actually going to apologize to you for something.

Red Watch was completely wrong about the Trust board proposing that the two boards merge back in March. I'm sure it was a genuine mistake on his part though. I knew that the Trust board did make a proposal that the Exec agreed to back then, but wasn't really clear in my memory what it was. When Red watch said it was a proposed Merger of the boards I assumed his recollection was better than mine and that must be right. 

I checked back as I sometimes do when my memory isn't clear and there you go. He's got it wrong. I've got it wrong and a merger of the boards was NOT proposed by the Trust Board, or agreed back in March, before you launched your resolution.  I apologize to you for getting that wrong.  I'd much rather correct a mistake when I know I've made one than let it stand. You are due an apology for that and I make it ungrudgingly.

Well that`s a turn up for the books, you got it WRONG, my my WC Boggs so you agree with me that my resolution was off my own doing, nothing to do with the Trust Board, it takes a big man to admit his mistakes. 

Oh and while on the subject of mistakes, I do recall you saying that Stuart Brown received £7.500 in expenses did you not ? 

I went back and checked the latest Club Accounts and under note 6 it states "During the year , the Director J S Brown received emoluments of £7,500 (2020 -£5,000) 

Ob checking my dictionary the definition  of emoluments is " a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office" Its NOT EXPENSES, another mistake by you . 😀

Also regarding your claim that I did not mention in my resolution form that Stuart Brown and John Daly refused to meet the Trust Board unless Ian Doyle is present is again WRONG. 

I quote you from Section 3 of the Resolution form "The recent disclosure of the Trust Board that both Mr Brown and Mr Daly refused to attend for a Trust Board meeting unless a Trust Director Mr Ian Doyle was not present casts more reason to remove these men from the Club Board"  

Again you got it WRONG WC Boggs, oh dearie me your having a bad day, maybe if you had checked your FACTS before you posted you wouldn`t need to apologise

6 minutes ago, rhliston said:

On checking my dictionary the definition  of emoluments is " a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office" Its NOT EXPENSES, another mistake by you . 😀

Wrong. In UK law, a director’s total emoluments are required to include expenses. Read section 2, paragraph 3 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1997/570/made

Be great if we could get back to talking about footballing matters on this thread. There’s another Stirling Albion thread on this very forum for all the board / Trust drama.