Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

A busy night tonight then. Callum Law, Ross McGeachie, Jordan McGregor, Jack Leitch, Kieran Moore & Dale Carrick all signing on for next season.

I’m honestly over the moon with the news, with the exception of Law, those were the “big hitters” for me last season and the ones that I felt you could build a team around. Couple of others I would like to see announced, itching for Blair Currie and would be happy with McLean and McNiff but delighted with those retained and released so far.

From memory, this will be Ross McGeachie’s 10th season, so surely a testimonial will be in place for him, but I’m sure the contract isn’t given on testament.

Blair Currie still has a year of a two year contract to run mate, so happy to complete your night.  

Ross Davidson has left East Fife.  Don't know much about the midfielder... except that Darren Young signed him for both Albion Rovers and East Fife.  Could he be on his way to us?

Edited by BazMac

3 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Ross Davidson has left East Fife.  Don't know much about the midfielder... except that Darren Young signed him for both Albion Rovers and East Fife.  Could he be on his way to us?

Book them and they will come.  Schhwiiiing.

On 21/04/2022 at 23:26, WC Boggs said:

Recovering expenses is not pay Mr Liston and well you know it. Expenses which are submitted to, examined by and cleared by the Trust board.

Have you got evidence that the £12.5k that Stirling Albion have given to the chairman over two years in "expenses" has ever been known to the Trust Board before they read it in the club accounts? I'm sure someone with their finger on the button and knows the contents of internal club emails would be able to get this information easy.

Not suggesting that the chairman does not deserve some recompense for all the hours he puts in but you have made a quite specific allegation with no evidence to back it up.

37 minutes ago, Hugh G Heid said:

Have you got evidence that the £12.5k that Stirling Albion have given to the chairman over two years in "expenses" has ever been known to the Trust Board before they read it in the club accounts? I'm sure someone with their finger on the button and knows the contents of internal club emails would be able to get this information easy.

Not suggesting that the chairman does not deserve some recompense for all the hours he puts in but you have made a quite specific allegation with no evidence to back it up.

First, I have not made an allegation. It is not an allegation to say  that the Trust board examine the chairman's expenses when it is fully entitled to do so. I could have been more clear, that the Trust board examines the expenses from the accounts and not from a direct submission to them. 

What internal club Emails am I supposed to know?  If I could repeat any how would you know, unless you had knowledge of internal Emails yourself?  Apparently you do.

45 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

How was Dylan Patterson?

To be honest he wasn't selected enough to make a reliable judgement. He was definitely fast and talented from what I saw of him. Between getting subbed off because of needless red cards by other players and the new manager understandably trying to find out who he had worth keeping and who needed punting, his opportunities to shine were very few.

From what I did see, I think you've got a player worth keeping.

So the rumours were indeed true and Robert Thomson has signed for the club on a 2 year deal. I think that’s a good bit of business for us, although maybe not a prolific goal scorer, he’s certainly been a real handful and a good striker when I’ve seen him play for Dunfermline, Alloa, Brechin and Stenhousemuir over the years. Good start to the rebuild.

IMG_6818.jpg

On 03/05/2022 at 01:02, Hugh G Heid said:

The payments to the chairman were described in both years' accounts as Director's Emoluments, these are described as 

In this paragraph ‘emoluments’ of a director—

(a)includes salary, fees and bonuses, sums paid by way of expenses allowance (so far as they are chargeable to United Kingdom income tax) and, subject to paragraph (b), the estimated money value of any other benefits received by him otherwise than in cash;

They may well be expenses but would likely be taxable, let's hope that they were included in his self assessment returns. 

One of the 2 items on the agenda of the EGM called on the club, is for shareholders to inspect the full unabridged audited accounts for financial year 2020/21. This may be an indication that there are items in these accounts of which the Trust Board have not previously been made aware and which are causing concern.

On 03/05/2022 at 01:56, WC Boggs said:

First, I have not made an allegation. It is not an allegation to say  that the Trust board examine the chairman's expenses when it is fully entitled to do so. I could have been more clear, that the Trust board examines the expenses from the accounts and not from a direct submission to them. 

You've changed your tune. The Trust Board reading in the annual club accounts that the chairman has awarded himself £5k followed by £7.5k expenses is hardly the same as the Trust Board "clearing" the payment to him. One of many lines you have been trotting out on the Club Boards behalf. Mind that time you proclaimed you were not a mouth piece for the Chairman and then boasting to the world you had seen the emails from Doyle to the Chairman. Pretty contradictory statements.

1 hour ago, Hugh G Heid said:

You've changed your tune. The Trust Board reading in the annual club accounts that the chairman has awarded himself £5k followed by £7.5k expenses is hardly the same as the Trust Board "clearing" the payment to him. One of many lines you have been trotting out on the Club Boards behalf. Mind that time you proclaimed you were not a mouth piece for the Chairman and then boasting to the world you had seen the emails from Doyle to the Chairman. Pretty contradictory statements.

If the trust board examining the chairman's expenses and finding nothing amiss or to dispute,  isn't clearing them what is?  A signed statement of approval in blood?

What I "proclaimed" was that the chairman doesn't tell me what to say, as accused by Liston. The chairman doesn't. If he did I'd make less gaffes I have to recant on.

I did not say I'd seen Emails by Doyle to the chairman. I posted that I knew Emails of a hostile nature had been sent to the chairman and directors.  If you think that was boasting, suit yourself.  I see nothing contradictory between stating my words are my own and referring to those messages.  Am I siding with Stuart and the Exec?  ABSOLUTELY!  Do I have conversations with them?  YES I DO.  Does that mean I might use things I have  learned of to defend Stuart and others. YES IT DOES.  Are you pissed off by that?  Don't confuse me with someone who gives a toss.

Context and juxtaposition isn't your thing is it?  I brought up those messages, because Liston was using the board refusing sit down with Doyle as ammunition against them. I gave an explanation in defence of them. (boasting to you) 

Liston's response was very interesting.  He said he had already heard about Doyle suing a director at a meeting.  What meeting?  Called and attended by who? With what agenda?  It seems I'm not the only one getting information you don't like coming out.  Or the only one who learns of things from friends.  For the record, I regard Stuart and Colin Rowley as personal friends. I make no apology for defending them. I do apologise to them, for not being better at it.  Have a nice evening.

4 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

The payments to the chairman were described in both years' accounts as Director's Emoluments, these are described as 

In this paragraph ‘emoluments’ of a director—

(a)includes salary, fees and bonuses, sums paid by way of expenses allowance (so far as they are chargeable to United Kingdom income tax) and, subject to paragraph (b), the estimated money value of any other benefits received by him otherwise than in cash;

They may well be expenses but would likely be taxable, let's hope that they were included in his self assessment returns. 

One of the 2 items on the agenda of the EGM called on the club, is for shareholders to inspect the full unabridged audited accounts for financial year 2020/21. This may be an indication that there are items in these accounts of which the Trust Board have not previously been made aware and which are causing concern.

So, an EGM was called for to inspect accounts for a year that has already been signed off by the auditors. Are the auditors suspect? What's the other "emergency" item?   You might as well go the whole hog.

"let's hope that they were all included in his self assessment returns."   Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more squire. You should join the Trust board with lines of innuendo like that.

17 hours ago, Hugh G Heid said:

I find it interesting that Hugh G Heid as only joined the forums a few days ago and only has 2 posts.

Ironic, init