Stirling Albion Thread

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

What I am saying yet again, is that the buck does not stop with the chairman. It stops with managers who fail to do what they were employed to do.  I read ridiculous comparisons on here with CEOs of  large corporations and an unpaid volunteer chairman of a part time football club. A CEO has to maintain and improve profits, while balancing the need for investment with the return on dividends.  If he fails to do that he gets removed and out comes the big salary to attract a replacement.

That is world away from being a volunteer chairman of a part time football club who unblocks the bloody toilets, that is forbidden by rules the chairman didn't make that permit no investment.  In fact football is essentially an entertainment industry and limited in turnover by the size of it's audience. Too often for my taste it's not very entertaining, but again that's down to managers not the chairman.  Your big beef is that we haven't found a manager that has produced a competitive team. That's true we haven't.  We can't just offer big money to get someone certain to produce a competitive team and the Exec board can only pick from people willing to come here. Not surprisingly, mainly rookies. We might be a bit more attractive to better applicants, if we weren't a well known public Punch and Judy show over the chairman. If Stuart does go, God help his replacement when he finds out he's held responsible for managers failures on the pitch.

Yes the buck does stop somewhere, as the Chairman it’s his responsibility to run the Club. As I said this Club under the stewardmanship   of Stuart Brown is going nowhere on the park. Correction Stuart Brown is not an unpaid volunteer Chairman he does receive payment for his services. Last financial year he received an immuneration of £7,500. 

As I have stated before at the end of the day Stuart Brown and others who appoint the mangers have got it wrong time and time again. Maybe if they had got it right we might not be in this mess. 

22 minutes ago, rhliston said:

That’s very interesting about the ranting hostile e mails from Mr Doyle, did not know that.. How do you know this WC Boggs ? 

I would be very interested in reading these e mails, so indeed would a number of Albion fans. Perhaps  the Club Board can release them. ? 

I did hear about the legal action at a recent meeting but nothing more than that. 
Regarding the resignation of Mr Doyle from the Trust Board, why would the Trust Board comment on it. 

I know and that's all you need to know. It's up to the board what they choose to release and when, if ever. 

Yes, the Trust board does seem to keep losing people without ever saying why.  It is equally up to them what they choose to release and when, if ever.  

24 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Yes the buck does stop somewhere, as the Chairman it’s his responsibility to run the Club. As I said this Club under the stewardmanship   of Stuart Brown is going nowhere on the park. Correction Stuart Brown is not an unpaid volunteer Chairman he does receive payment for his services. Last financial year he received an immuneration of £7,500. 

As I have stated before at the end of the day Stuart Brown and others who appoint the mangers have got it wrong time and time again. Maybe if they had got it right we might not be in this mess. 

Recovering expenses is not pay Mr Liston and well you know it. Expenses which are submitted to, examined by and cleared by the Trust board, as you also well know. You really are pathetic in your vandetta against the man and best ignored from here on.

Just now, WC Boggs said:

Recovering expenses is not pay Mr Liston and well you know it. Expenses which are submitted to, examined by and cleared by the Trust board, as you also well know. You really are pathetic in your vandetta against the man and best ignored from here on.

Pardon me. vandetta, excuse the typo.

9 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

No vandetta against Stuart Brown, the fact is he is NOT good enough to take this Club forward out of this League after nearly 8 years in charge. Time for someone new to come in and hopefully get us out of this f**king league and stay out is all I am asking. 

26 minutes ago, Binos said:

Fascinating wee table,  twitter followers vs league position 

Always obvious we are ones who punch below our weight 

IMG-20220428-WA0002.jpg

I can't imagine this means anything at all, it's over a year out of date and equating number of twitter followers to league position is absurd.

What would be interesting would be a similar table equating football wages to league position, low wages and high league position would indicate a team punching above its weight. 

42 minutes ago, Binos said:

Fascinating wee table,  twitter followers vs league position 

Always obvious we are ones who punch below our weight 

IMG-20220428-WA0002.jpg

Shows the internet has not yet reached Alloa.

8 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

I can't imagine this means anything at all, it's over a year out of date and equating number of twitter followers to league position is absurd.

What would be interesting would be a similar table equating football wages to league position, low wages and high league position would indicate a team punching above its weight. 

A whole year out of date

Twitter followers being used as a gauge for the interest in something 

Absurd as you say 

On 28/04/2022 at 20:18, Gnash said:

Shows the internet has not yet reached Alloa.

Our original handle was @alloawasps which got hacked at some point and had over 10k followers. I wasn't involved otherwise I'd have gotten it recovered but those were less tech savvy times.

There was about a 5 year gap with no one doing an official twitter.

I started at 2000 followers on @alloaathleticfc and we're not far off 10k now a few years later.

First batch of players leaving the club have been announced on Stuart Brown’s Twitter page this morning:

“Akeel Francis, James Grant, Ray Grant, Marc Laird, Dylan Mackin, Kurtis Roberts move on with our thanks for their contribution during their time at the Club and our best wishes for the future. [emoji1197][emoji460]️[emoji1197]”

Delighted to see Dylan Mackin and Akeel Francis on the list of departures. Francis really was out of his depth at this level and never even looked like a professional footballer in the games I saw him, absolutely stunned that someone at Falkirk took a punt on him, woeful. Mackin, well it was pretty obvious he was going at the final whistle yesterday, only player in both squads that just turned around and went up the tunnel at Full Time. No applauding the support, no high 5’s for the gang of excited kids, just gone. He got a season more out of the club than I would have given him. There is ability there, but it’s clear his lifestyle choices away from football are impacting his ability. Safe to say the 2 won’t be missed by the support.

Ray Grant is a wee bit of a surprise to me, I thought he was excellent yesterday, the player I thought we were getting when we signed him in the summer but he just didn’t do it this season, very wasteful in most games. Although he would have been on my list to go, I had a sneaky feeling Young was going to keep him, especially with him doing some coaching in the academy, but obviously not. Suspect he’ll get a move to another League 2 side. Disappointed with the way Marc Laird worked out, I thought we were getting a player that could put it about a bit but also play, yes he could put it about a bit but was rash and in terms of playing, looked done. When the season kick off, I thought he looked like the player that we thought Kevin Nicoll was going to be for us, but in my view, ended up being like Nicoll was for us.

Kurtis Roberts showed in glimpses that he was a decent player but we just didn’t see enough of it in my opinion. I never really knew if he was good, decent or poor but he was certainly a trier and I liked that about him. He never hid and was highly regarded by sections of our support, so I’m sure there will be a few disappointed Binos this morning. James Grant was simply a squad filler that was brought in to cover a major injury crisis, so that one is no surprise.

Mason Hancock has obviously returned to Aberdeen and Dylan Paterson to Arbroath. What a player Hancock is going to be, certainly someone who will have a career in the game, it’ll be interesting to watch his development over the next few years.

Certainly going to be an interesting few months.

Stirling have signed Robert Thomson apparently.

Never know when you are on the wind up or not, but would be a positive start to the refresh if true.

46 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Never know when you are on the wind up or not, but would be a positive start to the refresh if true.

Sometimes even I don't know.

That was what was doing the rounds at Forfar yesterday anyway. Would obviously be a massive upgrade on the muck you have had as striker options this season. A good player but we haven't seen the best of him here at Ochilview.

That was what was doing the rounds at Forfar yesterday anyway. Would obviously be a massive upgrade on the muck you have had as striker options this season. A good player but we haven't seen the best of him here at Ochilview.

Darren Young did say at the end of his interview yesterday that planning for next season had been taking place over the last month or two, and that a couple of players had agreed pre-contracts so it’s quite possible he’s one of them then. I suspect, and I’ve nothing to back it up other than a hunch, that Aaron Dunsmore is another.

Not quite as much of a cull as I expected. Going by the chairman's twitter, the rest of the squad have been offered terms for next season.

Thought one or two defenders might have been on the released list, but the manager seems to think they can all do a job. Midfield and upfront have been pretty weak imo, so looks as if DY is looking to improve there. 

Hope he's successful in doing that!

It looks like a major rebuild in progress and I can't say I disapprove of that. It's all about who Darren brings in now and perhaps who's yet to be persuaded to sign back on. 

From what I've seen Darren wants the ball played mainly on the deck and I can't say I disapprove of that either.  It's all wait and see for me, as I have no idea who is coming in and who might yet be going. Just a glimpse of how Darren wants the game played and a list of players he saw as not up to it.

With the season over and contracts up, he's hopefully got better quality to go after than was available to him when he took over. He's created the space for them that's for sure. Good hunting Darren.