Stirling Albion Thread

10 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I am now more concerned with something I have just found out about.  A drink fuelled Trust board member, who last Saturday started shouting aggressively at my daughter in the stadium.  One who I personally witnessed challenge another Trust member to fight some weeks ago in the stadium.  Family first. 

Name and Shame this drink fuelled Trust Board member who started shouting aggressively at your daughter. 

12 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Mr Liston has every right to put a resolution forward if he chooses to. That doesn't make his resolution fair, smart, or any contribution to stability.  

Doesn`t make my resolution fair, smart or any contribution to stability ? The point of my resolution was very simple, this Club under Stuart Brown has gone backwards over the years. He has been in charge for nearly 8 years and far from getting out of this League to get promoted it looks like we are going to be relegated to the Lowland League unless we are not careful. How can you say my resolution is not fair and smart or are you saying its okay the way the Club is heading.. This club has been UNDERACHEIVING for a number of years now. That`s been done under the stewardmanship of Stuart Brown. He simply isn`t GOOD ENOUGH to run this Club

7 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Name and Shame this drink fuelled Trust Board member who started shouting aggressively at your daughter. 

I've named him and sent a formal complaint of his behaviour to the Trust board.  I've also named him and informed the club.  This isn't the place for that.

4 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I've named him and sent a formal complaint of his behaviour to the Trust board.  I've also named him and informed the club.  This isn't the place for that.

Is that a fact . 

18 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Doesn`t make my resolution fair, smart or any contribution to stability ? The point of my resolution was very simple, this Club under Stuart Brown has gone backwards over the years. He has been in charge for nearly 8 years and far from getting out of this League to get promoted it looks like we are going to be relegated to the Lowland League unless we are not careful. How can you say my resolution is not fair and smart or are you saying its okay the way the Club is heading.. This club has been UNDERACHEIVING for a number of years now. That`s been done under the stewardmanship of Stuart Brown. He simply isn`t GOOD ENOUGH to run this Club

Amid all the accusation of Stuart Brown ignoring the Trust Board and straining relationships to the point of the constitution being unworkable, I still don't really understand why your focus is on removing him because of results on the pitch, which isn't really his job to get right.

I'm starting to think you know this and its a political play... a honey trap... to appeal to the wider fanbase who only care about things on the pitch.  

Edited by BazMac

5 minutes ago, rhliston said:

You still don't get the concept of group responsibility. That's why it's not fair, or smart.  I know where the club's been and it hasn't given me any joy either.  Arbroath struggled and went through 6 managers in less than 4 years before they got Dick Campbell.  Other clubs have struggled to find a manager they didn't end up firing short term as well. It's not just us.  We've got fans who seem to think we've got some sort of special attraction for proven managers. We don't.  We're just a part time outfit with a well publicised recent history of internal war.  

As for where we're headed?  Until  I've seen what sort of team Darren builds and how it performs I don't know and neither do you. I know this much.  Promotion winning teams are rarely built in 1 season, or on 1 year contracts. There can be exceptions with clubs with the cash that permits a manager to sign anybody and everybody they'd like.  A small club on a limited budget can get lucky and find an exceptional manager, but they really do have to get lucky. Going after the chairman doesn't change that.

19 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Amid all the accusation of Stuart Brown ignoring the Trust Board and straining relationships to the point of the constitution being unworkable, I still don't really understand why your focus is on removing him because of results on the pitch, which isn't really his job to get right.

I'm starting to think you know this and its a political play... a honey trap... to appeal to the wider fanbase who only care about things on the pitch.  

He gets accused of ignoring the Trust board and trying to marginalize them. There's little to ignore in a Trust board that does nothing  and excel at marginalizing themselves.

1 hour ago, BazMac said:

Sorry its not his job to get it right. ? Bottom line is the buck stops with Stuart Brown and after 8 years in charge this Club is going backwards. Surely what happens on the park is the MOST important thing, is it not. Or are you saying the results on the park don`t matter and bugger the fans the most important people at the Club if results on the park are pish. According to Colin Rowley in his recent Personal Statement on the Club Website, "We are lucky to have a Club at all" 

Clearly from attendances at the last couple of home games, fans have voted with their feet to stay away. This Club cannot afford to lose fans in numbers and if this situation continues expect more fans to vote with their feet and stay away. So if your happy with that then fine. 

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

He gets accused of ignoring the Trust board and trying to marginalize them. There's little to ignore in a Trust board that does nothing  and excel at marginalizing themselves.

He does ignore the Trust Board fact, indeed both Stuart Brown and John Daly refused to attend a meeting with the Trust Board unless a Mr Ian Doyle was not present. 

The Trust Board are elected by the members of the Trust to represent them. So you are saying that the Supporters Trust as the OWNERS of the Club should just be ignored by Stuart Brown ? 

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

You still don't get the concept of group responsibility. That's why it's not fair, or smart.  I know where the club's been and it hasn't given me any joy either.  Arbroath struggled and went through 6 managers in less than 4 years before they got Dick Campbell.  Other clubs have struggled to find a manager they didn't end up firing short term as well. It's not just us.  We've got fans who seem to think we've got some sort of special attraction for proven managers. We don't.  We're just a part time outfit with a well publicised recent history of internal war.  

As for where we're headed?  Until  I've seen what sort of team Darren builds and how it performs I don't know and neither do you. I know this much.  Promotion winning teams are rarely built in 1 season, or on 1 year contracts. There can be exceptions with clubs with the cash that permits a manager to sign anybody and everybody they'd like.  A small club on a limited budget can get lucky and find an exceptional manager, but they really do have to get lucky. Going after the chairman doesn't change that.

Group responsibility, so you are saying the whole Club Board are guilty of not being up to the task of taking this Club forward and they should be all replaced. ? 

Yes DY needs to have a good summer no doubt about it and with regards to previous appointments made by Stuart Brown and whoever its pretty clear they got it wrong. Clearly they did not get lucky did they,, lets hope DY turns out well, but nothing is being taken for granted. This team should be doing better given the resources the Club has made to previous managers. 

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

The point of my resolution was very simple, this Club under Stuart Brown has gone backwards over the years. He has been in charge for nearly 8 years and far from getting out of this League to get promoted it looks like we are going to be relegated to the Lowland League unless we are not careful. How can you say my resolution is not fair and smart or are you saying its okay the way the Club is heading.. This club has been UNDERACHEIVING for a number of years now. That`s been done under the stewardmanship of Stuart Brown. He simply isn`t GOOD ENOUGH to run this Club

So if Brown stays on another season and we get promoted, would you back down on your opinion that you want him to step down?

What about if Darren Young gets us promoted twice to the Championship?

10 minutes ago, BazMac said:

So if Brown stays on another season and we get promoted, would you back down on your opinion that you want him to step down?

What about if Darren Young gets us promoted twice to the Championship?

Part 1 NO 

Part 2 If Darren Young gets us promoted twice to the Championship 😂 I would say make sure and extend his contract. 😀 Let’s hope he can at least achieve promotion to League 1 first, think you are getting a little bit carried away. 😀

5 hours ago, rhliston said:

Group responsibility, so you are saying the whole Club Board are guilty of not being up to the task of taking this Club forward and they should be all replaced. ? 

Yes DY needs to have a good summer no doubt about it and with regards to previous appointments made by Stuart Brown and whoever its pretty clear they got it wrong. Clearly they did not get lucky did they,, lets hope DY turns out well, but nothing is being taken for granted. This team should be doing better given the resources the Club has made to previous managers. 

I'm saying if you are going to point a finger at the board over performance, then you don't pick out the chairman and blame him alone. They don't sign the players. They don't pick them. They don't decide the formation. They don't decide the tactics. All that is the manager's job. They do fire, or tell the manager it's not good enough when it isn't and that he needs to sort it out because it's his job.

So no, I'm not saying the whole board are guilty and not up to the task of taking this club forward. I have told you it's no easy task to attract a proven manager at this level for our club and any other part time club.  If it was as easy as you think it is, there wouldn't be so many managers getting fired season after season. So kindly stop trying to twist my words into something I have not said. It's getting boring.

20 hours ago, King Crownest said:

Only found out recently - years later - that the EGM of club shareholders in 2018 actually took place.

My understanding is that nobody from the Trust board turned up - so the wishes of the majority shareholder and the opinion of the members, as expressed at the Mayfield, were not given a voice. 

If that was indeed the case, it would be yet another example of the chaos at this club.

I have checked back on this and found your account is CORRECT and my memory of that time is MUDDLED, INACCURATE AND ENTIRELY WRONG. Stuart HAS NOT FACED 2 NO CONFIDENCE VOTES. Over time I have confused the Mayfield centre vote with the later EGM as two different votes.  You are correct that Stuart LOST the Mayfield advisory vote. You are correct that there was no vote at the following EGM, because nobody presented an advance resolution to vote on.  Not aware of that I must have assumed at the time that  Stuart survived because he won a vote there.  As you said, NO VOTE TOOK PLACE.  Forgive the capitals, but if faulty memory results in making wholly inaccurate accounts of events, shout it don't whisper it.  I will not repeat this gross error again and offer my apologies to all for getting it so hopelessly wrong. Shovel duly flung out of the hole.

34 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I'm saying if you are going to point a finger at the board over performance, then you don't pick out the chairman and blame him alone. They don't sign the players. They don't pick them. They don't decide the formation. They don't decide the tactics. All that is the manager's job. They do fire, or tell the manager it's not good enough when it isn't and that he needs to sort it out because it's his job.

So no, I'm not saying the whole board are guilty and not up to the task of taking this club forward. I have told you it's no easy task to attract a proven manager at this level for our club and any other part time club.  If it was as easy as you think it is, there wouldn't be so many managers getting fired season after season. So kindly stop trying to twist my words into something I have not said. It's getting boring.

What I am saying is the Buck stops with the Chairman.  In his capacity he is in charge of running the Club and to make sure Stirling Albion Football Club does the best it can both on the field and off it. 

Problem is he has FAILED to deliver on the field thru numerous bad appointments of which he had a hand in over the years. That`s why I want rid of him, under his stewardmanship this Club is going nowhere. Its that simple. 

7 hours ago, rhliston said:

He does ignore the Trust Board fact, indeed both Stuart Brown and John Daly refused to attend a meeting with the Trust Board unless a Mr Ian Doyle was not present. 

The Trust Board are elected by the members of the Trust to represent them. So you are saying that the Supporters Trust as the OWNERS of the Club should just be ignored by Stuart Brown ? 

If I was receiving the sort of ranting hostile emails Mr Doyle was sending to the chairman and other directors while a trust board member, I wouldn't sit down with either. That plus threatening to sue one director.  Perhaps the board should read some of them out to you in explanation at the long delayed AGM. You might also think on why there has not been a word from the Trust board on Mr Doyle's resignation from it.  

The Trust board address the Exec board, not Stuart Brown as an individual. They Exec does not ignore them, but they are not bound to agree with them at all times. Again, you attempt to twist my words into something I never said. Give it a rest!

5 minutes ago, rhliston said:

What I am saying is the Buck stops with the Chairman.  In his capacity he is in charge of running the Club and to make sure Stirling Albion Football Club does the best it can both on the field and off it. 

Problem is he has FAILED to deliver on the field thru numerous bad appointments of which he had a hand in over the years. That`s why I want rid of him, under his stewardmanship this Club is going nowhere. Its that simple. 

What I am saying yet again, is that the buck does not stop with the chairman. It stops with managers who fail to do what they were employed to do.  I read ridiculous comparisons on here with CEOs of  large corporations and an unpaid volunteer chairman of a part time football club. A CEO has to maintain and improve profits, while balancing the need for investment with the return on dividends.  If he fails to do that he gets removed and out comes the big salary to attract a replacement.

That is world away from being a volunteer chairman of a part time football club who unblocks the bloody toilets, that is forbidden by rules the chairman didn't make that permit no investment.  In fact football is essentially an entertainment industry and limited in turnover by the size of it's audience. Too often for my taste it's not very entertaining, but again that's down to managers not the chairman.  Your big beef is that we haven't found a manager that has produced a competitive team. That's true we haven't.  We can't just offer big money to get someone certain to produce a competitive team and the Exec board can only pick from people willing to come here. Not surprisingly, mainly rookies. We might be a bit more attractive to better applicants, if we weren't a well known public Punch and Judy show over the chairman. If Stuart does go, God help his replacement when he finds out he's held responsible for managers failures on the pitch.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

If I was receiving the sort of ranting hostile emails Mr Doyle was sending to the chairman and other directors while a trust board member, I wouldn't sit down with either. That plus threatening to sue one director.  Perhaps the board should read some of them out to you in explanation at the long delayed AGM. You might also think on why there has not been a word from the Trust board on Mr Doyle's resignation from it.  

The Trust board address the Exec board, not Stuart Brown as an individual. They Exec does not ignore them, but they are not bound to agree with them at all times. Again, you attempt to twist my words into something I never said. Give it a rest!

That’s very interesting about the ranting hostile e mails from Mr Doyle, did not know that.. How do you know this WC Boggs ? 

I would be very interested in reading these e mails, so indeed would a number of Albion fans. Perhaps  the Club Board can release them. ? 

I did hear about the legal action at a recent meeting but nothing more than that. 
Regarding the resignation of Mr Doyle from the Trust Board, why would the Trust Board comment on it.