Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, Boris Badenov said:

Who next?

I was very impressed with Tranent. Calum Elliot I thought had them playing good attacking football.

Lets not pussy foot around with interviews, decide who you want and go after him or her.

Lets think differently this time

Aside from Jocky, every Binos appointment has aspired to think differently, but with disappointing outcomes more often than not. Back in 2016, Stirling, Arbroath and Montrose were much of a muchness in the depths in this division. Both Arbroath and Montrose made what looked at the time as dull, unimaginative appointments, but the difference in outcome has been dramatic and lasting.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'm disappointed.

It's usual to sack managers after the team has lost to Edinburgh City.

Come on Stirling, there are traditions to uphold you know!

We're not breaking with tradition, if the club statement is accurate, the board was surprised at his resignation after a Tuesday meeting with the chairman.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Although I’m happy with the decision, I do wish him all the very best and I’m actually tinged with a bit of sadness because when he first came in, I wholeheartedly bought into his enthusiasm, charm and charisma and desperately wanted him to succeed. As it transpired, I found his football dull and unadventurous and probably would have pulled the plug before now as ultimately he was well backed by a loyal board, had built a good squad after being left a shambles by Dave Mackay but failed to move us forward, despite what he said in his statement.

The statement itself is quite frankly self publicity and egotistical in my view but as I said above, I really like KR as a guy and he was been brilliant every time I have had the pleasure to speak to him.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next, but I do strongly believe that with the right man in charge, as little as 1 or 2 additions, we have a squad that is good enough to end the season promoted via the Play Offs.

The shambles left by Dave McKay was less a consequence of the manager's actions than the behind the scenes close season fiasco surrounding a consortium loan offer. Between the lender and the executive the manager was hung out to dry and the team he was able to put on the park reflected this.

14 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Although I’m happy with the decision, I do wish him all the very best and I’m actually tinged with a bit of sadness because when he first came in, I wholeheartedly bought into his enthusiasm, charm and charisma and desperately wanted him to succeed. As it transpired, I found his football dull and unadventurous and probably would have pulled the plug before now as ultimately he was well backed by a loyal board, had built a good squad after being left a shambles by Dave Mackay but failed to move us forward, despite what he said in his statement.

Initially he did ok in pepping up a disjointed squad (assisted by the key goalscorer coming back from injury). But the following summer's recruitment was poorly judged and in the seasons that followed, I can only think of a period around a year ago when there was briefly the kernel of an exciting team - in retrospect reliant on Paul Mclean and Andy Ryan. 

From the outside, it appears KR's man management skills are something he needs to improve on. We have one of the best midfielders in the league in Jack Leitch, yet he has been rank rotten for weeks now, and the manager's response was to play him in an unfamiliar position. His man management of Sean Heaver was also appalling. It certainly looked like the players downed tools in the last couple of weeks, particularly in the 2nd half at Cowdenbeath. 

A likeable character, came across well in interviews, but am I sad to see him go? No. However, the board need to get the right man in. No more rookie 'yes' men. We need someone, even if just the short term, who knows this division and knows what it takes to get out of it. The likes of Gus McPherson, Darren Young, and even our old mucker, Allan Moore would be good choices. Heard Andy Graham's name mentioned, and while I'd love to see the legend back at the club, he's not what's required right now. 

Forget about experienced managers with a list of failures behind them.We have a decent squad of players capable of achieving much more than they presently are.Get someone in who can motivate and instil some confidence.

Edited by MrBeeno

I have never been a fan of managers leaving mid season, regardless of circumstances. Too unsettling for those remaining. Plus ready made excuse for incoming manage and failure, ie not my type of squad, need more cash, need more time. 
   Team goes far beyond players on the pitch. There is always a collective responsibility. Boardroom, terracing and dressing room.

Another commented on Arbroath and Montrose. 2nd div is where managers cut their teeth and therefore a huge gamble for clubs.

On 09/12/2021 at 19:56, Ally_D said:

Aside from Jocky, every Binos appointment has aspired to think differently, but with disappointing outcomes more often than not. Back in 2016, Stirling, Arbroath and Montrose were much of a muchness in the depths in this division. Both Arbroath and Montrose made what looked at the time as dull, unimaginative appointments, but the difference in outcome has been dramatic and lasting.

Does that not say something about the people making the appointments