Stirling Albion Thread

3 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

That Bikey has been awful anytime he played against us. Seems to be living off this first loan spell he had.

Fairly sure if his name was John Graham from Pollock he wouldn't be as well thought of for having a few good months a few years back.

For what it's worth, I remember Bikey playing against Clyde in his first spell and he was absolutely frightening, a properly exciting and electric player. If injury has been the cause of his sluggish form and there's ANY chance he can get back to those levels he's worth a punt in L2.

What's the script with him anyway? I always wondered how he ended up at Stirling in the first place and why he kept coming back under different managers when he could probably have gotten a deal with any team in L2, I wanted Clyde to take a punt and I assumed he was going to uni in Stirling.

One for The Phoenix to answer I think regarding Bikey.

As an aside, I really miss player interviews on the website and really think they would be great on SATV. I suspect its all down to whether Ben and the team have the time but I often feel like I know less about the players themselves than in years gone by despite their being far more platforms and technology to do it nowadays. 

Like a proper 10 - 15 minute interview with each player maybe spread out across the season would be great. A bit of backstory, get a bit of their personality and stuff. I loved the videos when they were doing a crossbar challenge for example....its those sort of videos that showcase the human sides of the players. An important aspect especially in covid times.

Edited by DavidMcG

On 10/06/2021 at 12:43, Vimto90 said:

That Bikey has been awful anytime he played against us.

He's only played against you twice. Maybe reserve judgment until you see more 

Can’t complain about playing 4 games in 8 days as everyone had to. The number of games affected everyone equally and if you thought Falkirk this season was a complete bottle job then it is hard to argue that it didn’t happen at Forthbank either.

Big season for the Manager and for those you put their eggs in his basket too.

On 12/06/2021 at 20:36, Ray Vaughn said:

Can’t complain about playing 4 games in 8 days as everyone had to. The number of games affected everyone equally and if you thought Falkirk this season was a complete bottle job then it is hard to argue that it didn’t happen at Forthbank either.

Big season for the Manager and for those you put their eggs in his basket too.

And you're almost right.

The way the fixtures came out, Stirling were the only club not to have a break in the post-split fixtures.

Stirling had to play their four games immediately after the spilt with no break

Our non-game day was the last day.

Queens Park and Stranraer played the first post-split game on Friday 23 April.

Queens Park had no game Sat 01 May
Edinburgh had no game on Tues 27 April
Stranraer had no games on Thur 29 Apr
Elgin had no game on Sat 24 April

Days to play four post-split matches from first to last:-

Queens Park - 12
Edinburgh - 11
Stranraer - 12
Elgin - 8
Stirling - 8

Days to complete four post-split matches after 20 April (last game of pre-split season)
Queens Park - 15
Edinburgh - 15
Stranraer - 15
Elgin - 15
Stirling - 12

other than that, your "Can’t complain about playing 4 games in 8 days as everyone had to. " is bang on.

On 12/06/2021 at 20:36, Ray Vaughn said:

Big season for the Manager

not just season. Big first few games. 

Under big pressure I recon if we don't get a good start

not just season. Big first few games. 

Under big pressure I recon if we don't get a good start

I’d be very surprised if we don’t get off to a good start that KR would be given the push. It would take a lot for our Board to get rid of him.

9 hours ago, rhliston said:

I’d be very surprised if we don’t get off to a good start that KR would be given the push. It would take a lot for our Board to get rid of him.

if we don't get promotion this season he will be gone

16 hours ago, rhliston said:

The executive committee have had a history of renewing managers' contracts in the close season, then sacking them in the autumn.

Noticed what looked Ciaran Summers in training with Stirling.

Surprised at this as I would have thought we were well covered in Defence, suppose we’ll have to wait and see.

Loss of Andy Ryan to Accies (link) puts a whole new perspective on the coming season. A player who was the catalyst for every good aspect last season. Who can step up?

Very disappointing news, especially when I was excited to see him and Carrick link up. However there is no way you can stop a guy going back to Full Time football when he has the opportunity, and up to the Championship as well. Good luck to him.

As for who can step up, I would have guessed that KR will be looking for a replacement but actually, in the lively striker role, maybe this is a good opportunity for Bikey or Heaver to step into his shoes.

Very disappointing news, especially when I was excited to see him and Carrick link up. However there is no way you can stop a guy going back to Full Time football when he has the opportunity, and up to the Championship as well. Good luck to him.

As for who can step up, I would have guessed that KR will be looking for a replacement but actually, in the lively striker role, maybe this is a good opportunity for Bikey or Heaver to step into his shoes.

As you say let’s hope who ever takes over as Ryan’s replacement does the business. Now is the time for Bikey or Heaver to step up and show they deserve a place in the team.

How long was left on his contract? Hope yous got a bit of money for him.

Believe it was a 1 year contract, did get a fee for him but suspect it wasn’t much as he had a clause in his contract allowing him to move if a full time club came in for him. ☹️

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

Believe it was a 1 year contract, did get a fee for him but suspect it wasn’t much as he had a clause in his contract allowing him to move if a full time club came in for him. ☹️

The wording on the website made it sound a bit of a confusing clause. He would be allowed to leave to a higher division club if a transfer fee could be agreed.  Doesn't sound like much of a clause.  Unless it was a specific transfer fee they had to reach.

Edited by BazMac

6 hours ago, rhliston said:

Fees have been few and far between! It's a long time since we got £30K from Airdie for Eddie Forrest (from memory, and the old club were rather tardy about paying it). Then there was Iain Turner - and that's about it for the past 20 years?

Fees have been few and far between! It's a long time since we got £30K from Airdie for Eddie Forrest (from memory, and the old club were rather tardy about paying it). Then there was Iain Turner - and that's about it for the past 20 years?

What about John Philliben to Doncaster Rovers can’t remember what we got for him, Brian Grant to Aberdeen, think one or two others as well.

On 29/06/2021 at 02:35, Ally_D said:

Loss of Andy Ryan to Accies (link) puts a whole new perspective on the coming season. A player who was the catalyst for every good aspect last season. Who can step up?

Slightly disappointed  Andy has gone,but did appear to be injury prone towards the end of last season and was out with injuries when it really mattered.

3 hours ago, Ally_D said:

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

What about John Philliben to Doncaster Rovers can’t remember what we got for him, Brian Grant to Aberdeen, think one or two others as well.

You surely both can't have forgotten about the six figure fee we received for Stevie Nicholas?