Stirling Albion Thread

Entering a side in this season's Lowlands Development League with games played on Friday nights. In Conference A with:

Bonnyrigg Rose
Bonnyton Thistle
BSC Glasgow
Caledonian Braves
Civil Service Strollers
Cumbernauld Colts
East Fife
East Kilbride
Edinburgh City
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Kelty Hearts
Spartans
Stirling Albion
University of Stirling

Edited by GNU_Linux

Cammy Thomson leaves the club to join Linlithgow Rose. Wish him well and all the best.

Stuart Brown also confirming on Twitter that we have a “Stirling Albion first” option on resigning him him for the 22-23 season, so will be keeping an eye on him over next season.

41 minutes ago, BinosCammy said:

News of a signing and a re-signing tonight.

I imagine the re-signing could well be Dylan Bikey or potentially Callum Law as back up keeper 

Or James Craney 

Bikey is back and Bikey is fit, wonderful news and with a pre-season behind him is sure to be ruthless [emoji1319]

Marc Laird has also joined the club from Edinburgh City. Welcome to the club Marc, that’s another positive signing for us.

14 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Marc Laird has also joined the club from Edinburgh City. Welcome to the club Marc, that’s another positive signing for us.

Can't really say i remember him with City but of course, welcome him and wish him all the best 

9 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Bikey is back and Bikey is fit, wonderful news and with a pre-season behind him is sure to be ruthless emoji1319.png

It's four and a half years since we had two outstanding months from Bikey, he wasn't the same when he returned from Hearts and his intermittent appearances in the last two years have been disappointing to say the least.

i'll hold my enthusiasm till we see what we're getting this time. I'll be delighted if it's the original player and not the L2 plodder we've seen since.

Yeah totally get what you are saying AlbionMan and I even had the same chat with someone about this last season.

Bikey has flattered to deceive since he left the club and joined Hearts however on his actual return under KR it was mentioned by the manager (a good number of times) that he wasn’t fit and he needed to get that fitness and match sharpness back. I think he was starting to get there and he even put in a couple of good performances where we saw the old flashes of brilliance again, just as he picked up his injury.

Again last season (going by what we saw on SATV of course) he was out injured for most of it, then was introduced sparingly with a couple of months of the season to play, but again the message from KR was that he needs time, he needs to get fit and he needs to become match sharp.

I’m an eternal optimist, but this time around I think with a proper pre-season and at a club that he knows he is highly regarded at, then I’m hopeful that he can now kick on and get back to the same level of performances that we saw during his first spell. I think Bikey needs that stability in his career and we all know that he’ll be a huge asset (again) if he can get back to that.

Football at this level is all about levels of risk and KR is taking a risk keeping him on, but in my opinion, it’s a risk worth taking.

I'm very pleased Bikey has signed up again. He was brilliant for us in his first spell. 19/20 season not great but he has played alongside some absolute muck. Injuries haven't helped but he finished the season strongly. We need him fit and raring to go for next season. Yes we're taking a chance but I feel like we've strengthened well in the midfield and with other attacking players such as Ryan, Heaver, Carrick, Leitch and Mackin, we look very strong.

Over to the manager. I'm very impressed with the players we have signed. Hopefully they can gel quickly. 

Re Bikey agree with previous comments, a fit Bikey will be a big asset next season, his pace will cause problems to any defence in this league. We need as many tools as possible to make sure we finally get out of this league next season. Let’s hope the team KR is assembling is up to the task of getting that job done.

In Bikeys first season he struck fear into the opposition. That's the player we all want to see and I think, fully fit, he can be that player.

The squad is impressive and for KR this really is make or break season. We missed out last season but I can't criticise the manager when we had so many injuries and unfit players playing 4 games in 8 days.

Nothing short of promotion will do this season.

In Bikeys first season he struck fear into the opposition. That's the player we all want to see and I think, fully fit, he can be that player.
The squad is impressive and for KR this really is make or break season. We missed out last season but I can't criticise the manager when we had so many injuries and unfit players playing 4 games in 8 days.
Nothing short of promotion will do this season.

Agree with most of your comments, injuries to the likes of Paul McLean did not help us but what ultimately cost us a chance of getting in the playoffs was our home form in the run in to the end, we struggled to get a draw against the likes of Albion Rovers, lost to Queens, Stranraer. Number of games we had to play in the last 8 days did not help but it was the same for the other teams and they did better than us. Let’s hope KR can do the business this season otherwise he is gone.

That Bikey has been awful anytime he played against us. Seems to be living off this first loan spell he had.

Fairly sure if his name was John Graham from Pollock he wouldn't be as well thought of for having a few good months a few years back.

I'm very impressed with the players we have signed. Hopefully they can gel quickly. 

As am I Dave, but i’m also very impressed with those that we have managed to keep. We’ve kept all our big hitters last season (although there could be arguments about Binnie of course) and put, what looks to be, quite an impressive squad at this stage of the season anyway.

Fairly sure if his name was John Graham from Pollock he wouldn't be as well thought of for having a few good months a few years back.

Absolute nonsense!