Stirling Albion Thread

35 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Delighted with the signing of Dale Carrick, really liked what I saw when he was at Cowdenbeath

He was a good player for us. Despite having players of his quality we finished bottom, makes you realise how crap a manager Fox was should have got more out of that squad.

48 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Delighted with the signing of Dale Carrick, really liked what I saw when he was at Cowdenbeath

Really good signing for our level

i would make Stirling favs to win the league at the mo but they underperformed last season not making top 4 so a bit of pressure for the manager to deliver this time.

Describing the previous 4 as “all excellent” might be stretching it a bit.
Bottom line is the manager has to mould them into a team and be better than the individual parts.

Bottom line is we’ll have to wait and see if that happens. Certainly didn’t happen last season.

A few of Edinburghs releases would make great signings for us I reckon. 

Rafaelle De Vita ended his loan and was released by parent club. Fantastic player that I suspect will have offers in Championship or League One.

Marc Laird even at 35 has been one of Edinburghs best players for last few years. Solid solid midfielder.

Alex Harris is a player who always impressed me as a youngster at Hibs, not sure where it went wrong with him. Only 26, he has/had such potential and with our strike force we are crying out for a winger although I think that's what Flanagan is?

Not sure what positions we are still looking at

9 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Rafaelle De Vita ended his loan and was released by parent club. Fantastic player that I suspect will have offers in Championship or League One.

Marc Laird even at 35 has been one of Edinburghs best players for last few years. Solid solid midfielder.

Alex Harris is a player who always impressed me as a youngster at Hibs, not sure where it went wrong with him. Only 26, he has/had such potential and with our strike force we are crying out for a winger although I think that's what Flanagan is?

You missed out Andy Black son. 

17 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Describing the previous 4 as “all excellent” might be stretching it a bit.
Bottom line is the manager has to mould them into a team and be better than the individual parts.

Bottom line is we’ll have to wait and see if that happens. Certainly didn’t happen last season.

Spot on Ray, we've heard it all before in pre-season, and we're still in the same bloody league.  Just have to hope that our expectations top our past experience this season.

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

We've 19 players listed in the squad, although one is first team coach, one a reserve goalkeeper plus Cammy Thomson and Dylan Bikey none of whom have been announced as having re-signed. It wouldn't leave me devastated if none of them were back as players next season. Bikey in particular would free up resources needed to improve the team, if released. His contributions have been minimal since his last return to the CLUB

If that four are off the playing budget, we might need another four or five to round out the squad, otherwise we must be close to 'No Vacancies'

Edited by AlbionMan

13 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

We've 19 players listed in the squad, although one is first team coach, one a reserve goalkeeper plus Cammy Thomson and Dylan Bikey none of whom have been announced as having re-signed. It wouldn't leave me devastated if none of them were back as players next season. Bikey in particular would free up resources needed to improve the team, if released. His contributions have been minimal since his last return to the CLUB

If that four are off the playing budget, we might need another four or five to round out the squad, otherwise we must be close to 'No Vacancies'

Callum Law has just been added to the squad page, so looks like he may be the back up to Currie next season.

Callum Law has just been added to the squad page, so looks like he may be the back up to Currie next season.

Saw Callum play a few Youth games before moving to St.Mirren, maybe 2/3 seasons ago, and I wouldn’t be against this and would like to see more of the Academy kids breaking into the First Team squad.

14 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Gary Caldwell signed De Vita on loan at Firhill in the season when we were relegated from the Championship. Caldwell signed several duds and, after a terrible start, was sacked after a few games into that season.

Da Vita was very poor and his loan was terminated early soon after McCall arrived from Ayr. Livingston then sent him on loan to Falkirk. League Two may be his level but he's certainly not a fantastic player.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

12 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Saw Callum play a few Youth games before moving to St.Mirren, maybe 2/3 seasons ago, and I wouldn’t be against this and would like to see more of the Academy kids breaking into the First Team squad.

Saw somewhere that the manager was looking to have Will Greenhorn and Kyle Johnston as part of the first team squad.

Like yourself, I'm pleased when academy players can break through, even better if they can become first team regulars.

16 hours ago, gmca said:

Saw somewhere that the manager was looking to have Will Greenhorn and Kyle Johnston as part of the first team squad.

Like yourself, I'm pleased when academy players can break through, even better if they can become first team regulars.

We were meant to be getting Will Greenhorn and Martin France on Loan at Camelon. But not sure whats happened with that

18 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

We were meant to be getting Will Greenhorn and Martin France on Loan at Camelon. But not sure whats happened with that

We do seem well covered in Greenhorn's position, so manager may think he's unlikely to get game time, and decide he'd be better getting game time at a decent level.