Stirling Albion Thread

Were you lot playing 3 at the back last season? Left sided centre half sorted.

We were for large parts of it mate, so as has been mentioned elsewhere, I would imagine he’ll fit in as the Left of a 3 but again, he’s a player that gives us options and that’s always important at this level when you run with small squads.

As for those that are leaving the club, I’m not too disappointed. With not being able to attend games, then it’s hard to get an actual attachment to the players. Div Wilson had his moments of brilliance at the club, mostly in the earlier part but was always someone that flattered to deceive after doing so well against us at Annan.

2 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

We were for large parts of it mate, so as has been mentioned elsewhere, I would imagine he’ll fit in as the Left of a 3 but again, he’s a player that gives us options and that’s always important at this level when you run with small squads.

As for those that are leaving the club, I’m not too disappointed. With not being able to attend games, then it’s hard to get an actual attachment to the players. Div Wilson had his moments of brilliance at the club, mostly in the earlier part but was always someone that flattered to deceive after doing so well against us at Annan.

For all the encouraging signings we've made in recent seasons, the teams on the park have regularly been less than the sum of their parts. We can only hope that the mould is going to be broken this year.

On 18/05/2021 at 21:20, gmca said:

We did play 3 at the back. This signing suggests McNiff will be the left sided of a back 3 next season as you suggest. The defence was arguably our strongest point last season. Hopefully McNiff will help us continue in that vein.

Add Adam Cummins to that defence. 

3 hours ago, gmca said:

Moving to us? Seems like another solid signing if so.

Didn't really convince during his loan spell 6 years ago, although to be fair he was 21 and playing in a struggling team.  If he comes I hope he's like a fine wine and has matured with age.

Didn't really convince during his loan spell 6 years ago, although to be fair he was 21 and playing in a struggling team.  If he comes I hope he's like a fine wine and has matured with age.

That was a horrendous team and he came in at the worst time, a fire fighting mission in January.

To be fair, I thought he did ok during his loan spell and was offered no guidance as McLaren chopped and changed the lads around. However he looked pretty steady and more mature when I saw him for Queens Park, enough to suggest he would be a good signing of true.

7 hours ago, gmca said:

Moving to us? Seems like another solid signing if so.

According to my source in Motherwell. Good reason to believe her.

He has been offered a new deal with us but I’d imagine Stirling will be a more attractive proposition wage wise and travel wise.

Scouse has grown on me as a player. Previously I would have said you’re welcome to him but, he’s became a dependable member of our squad. 
Spent most of us time a centre back but stepped in to cover left back in our win against Hamilton and made the place his own until injury put an end to his season. 
Offers a threat at set prices too which is an added bonus. 

3 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

According to my source in Motherwell. Good reason to believe her.

He has been offered a new deal with us but I’d imagine Stirling will be a more attractive proposition wage wise and travel wise.

Scouse has grown on me as a player. Previously I would have said you’re welcome to him but, he’s became a dependable member of our squad. 
Spent most of us time a centre back but stepped in to cover left back in our win against Hamilton and made the place his own until injury put an end to his season. 
Offers a threat at set prices too which is an added bonus. 

Many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

58 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Nathan Flanagan joins the club from Annan

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/new-signing-nathan-flanagan/

And Adam Cummins rejoins the club from Stranraer

https://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/new-signing-adam-cummins/

Welcome them both and hope for good things to come 

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Becoming a stirling albion reserve side, Cammy Binnie joins Albion Rovers

Decent keeper imo. A bit early to say, but I think you should be safer from being club 42 this season. Wouldn't have been disappointed to have kept most of the ex Binos you've signed.

Becoming a stirling albion reserve side, Cammy Binnie joins Albion Rovers

Wow, absolutely no disrespect intended when I say this but I honestly thought he was going to a better club than Albion Rovers.

You’ve got yourself a good Goalkeeper there Chris, intact the 4 players you have signed from us will be good additions to your side.

Wow, absolutely no disrespect intended when I say this but I honestly thought he was going to a better club than Albion Rovers.

You’ve got yourself a good Goalkeeper there Chris, intact the 4 players you have signed from us will be good additions to your side.

Agree re Cammy Binnie don’t understand why he was freed, surprised he went to Albion Rovers no disrespect to them. The other4 ex Binos imo would do a decent turn at most League 2 clubs. Going to be interesting when both teams meet in the League, could be tasty.