Stirling Albion Thread

19 minutes ago, gmca said:

We were due to play a pre season game, but it was cancelled because of a problem with floodlight pylons. Thought the game was planned for Thursday, and though the problem might have been sorted in time it was cancelled just in case.

Yeah, now been informed that we are playing the match at Alloa's ground tonight. 

Big Aldin was big blobby Aldin when he was at Bo'ness United.   He was clearly a good footballer but he had really let himself go physically by piling on weight and he didn't play that often for us.   He has lost a lot of weight (between 3 and 5 stone) and based on fairly recent photos looks to be back in top shape.  I reckon he will be a very good signing for you.

7 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Big Aldin was big blobby Aldin when he was at Bo'ness United.   He was clearly a good footballer but he had really let himself go physically by piling on weight and he didn't play that often for us.   He has lost a lot of weight (between 3 and 5 stone) and based on fairly recent photos looks to be back in top shape.  I reckon he will be a very good signing for you.

He made a brief re-appearance with BU for a bit did he not? He had shed a bit of weight and played alright at centre back for a couple of games. 

Will never forget him at peak heavyweight playing left back away to Tranent though...😬

Edited by 8MileBU

Yeah, credit to everyone involved for this evening's livestream. A solid product that will no doubt get better as the season goes on. Well worth the £7.50.

The commentator, Ben McAdam, has got a bright future ahead of him - he's enthusiastic, has a good sense of humour, and did well for his first live broadcast. Not too sure about his colleague though, he sounded a bit bored and didn't really offer much.

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Yeah, credit to everyone involved for this evening's livestream. A solid product that will no doubt get better as the season goes on. Well worth the £7.50.

The commentator, Ben McAdam, has got a bright future ahead of him - he's enthusiastic, has a good sense of humour, and did well for his first live broadcast. Not too sure about his colleague though, he sounded a bit bored and didn't really offer much.

A brilliant product all round. Loved the coverage, the different camera angles and liked how they interacted with the twitter comments and read some tweets out. 
Ben does indeed have a bright future but I thought both did brilliant. Considering it was their commentating debut, both still very young would have been nervous with so much going on, I thought both were brilliant and as you said, it will only improve. Probably good pals and felt they bounced off each other well.

Positive performance. Defending could have been sharper at times but that will improve with more fitness and games. Very impressed by Ryan and Leitch - could be very important players this season. 

Forgot to mention Andy Ryan - he was the standout player last night and I fully expect to be involved in more than 20 League 2 goals this season. He was up against some of the best part-time defenders in the country last night, so goodness knows what he'll do when he gets his hands on some of the jobbers in this division.

Aye Ben is a natural for being a young kid, his confidence is good and will improve with more games.

Such a great sevrice though for the price, the interactive twitter was really well used, the pre match graphics were good and the quality of the stream was excellent. 

Minor point - I don't think the camera angles need to change in open play but that may be a personal preference of mine. I think the normal view is fine for the match.

I'm hoping that Saturday was being treated as a semi-competitive pre-season warm-up with the manager trying out players and giving as much of the squad as he could some game time. If not, mid-table  mediocrity may loom again.

I don't know if the necessary altered travel arrangements and changing facilities under Covid protocols could have  contributed to the performance. In these uncertain times such  would affect all away teams though.

Next week against QP should tell us more about what to expect in the season to come. 

I'm hoping that Saturday was being treated as a semi-competitive pre-season warm-up with the manager trying out players and giving as much of the squad as he could some game time. If not, mid-table  mediocrity may loom again.
I don't know if the necessary altered travel arrangements and changing facilities under Covid protocols could have  contributed to the performance. In these uncertain times such  would affect all away teams though.
Next week against QP should tell us more about what to expect in the season to come. 

Well let’s hope next Saturday against Queens the team shows a much better attitude and starts to create some chances and takes them otherwise it does not look promising for us in the coming season.
We should on paper be looking at a playoff spot fail to get that and clearly changes need to be made at the manager level.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, JmSG said:

greetings to all of you, remember Willie Irvine? he was a center forward, right?

Yes. Also played for Hibs, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Meadowbank, Stenny, Berwick and Alloa. I think he ended his playing days at Sauchie. He was a prison officer too and I think he got held hostage in a riot IIRC 

Quite prolific but often caught offside. 

Not to be confused with the other Willie Irvine who played for Motherwell and also Hibs.