Stirling Albion Thread

Jordan Lowdon signed for Annan. Opinion?

Looked poor, lost his position to James Creaney (who Annan fans will obviously know) got injured and never came back from that.

I was really excited about him signing, but is a shadow of the player that won the league with Arbroath, which Clyde and Elgin fans warned us about.

Good luck to the lad though, he’s had a horrendous time of it with injuries and it wasn’t that long ago that he was probably the best Left Back in League 1 & 2.

6 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

I liked him. Attacked well but unfortunately, he was part of a defence which suffered the horrendous start last season.  That was mostly down to bad luck with injuries, players getting sent off and just generally playing rubbish. Would have been nice to have seen him play with our first choice centre-backs and mcgeachie at right back but wasn’t to be. Good luck to him. If he stays clear of injuries and has a decent winger on the left side, you’ve got yourself a right good player on your hands. 

Looked good going forward but defensively ? Suffered a bad injury early on at Forthbank and struggled to get back into the team when he regained fitness. Hopefully he can do you a job except when he plays against the Albion. [emoji3]

Stirling Albion have offered Callum Morrison a very good contract. Good money getting offered at this level. Full time teams also in for him but Stirling have put a very tempting contract to him & he really enjoyed his time on loan before. 

13 hours ago, Number 10 said:

Stirling Albion have offered Callum Morrison a very good contract. Good money getting offered at this level. Full time teams also in for him but Stirling have put a very tempting contract to him & he really enjoyed his time on loan before. 

He loves us. Done deal 😎

Would love this to be true and would love to see Callumn back at The Binos, the most exciting player I have seen at this level for many a year. I’m sure he will have other offers though, the lad is a talent and I’m not sure how he has never really truly broken through at Hearts

Bikey and Morrison, league would be over by Christmas

Christ that would be sexual, Morrison on one side, Bikey on the other and Ryan through the middle gets me excited [emoji7]

Would obviously love Morrison to come to us, but we have 2 out and out wide players in Moore and Roberts signed up. Can't imagine the manager would want another given we're supposedly going with a smaller squad this season. .

13 hours ago, gmca said:

Would obviously love Morrison to come to us, but we have 2 out and out wide players in Moore and Roberts signed up. Can't imagine the manager would want another given we're supposedly going with a smaller squad this season. .

If a player such as Morrison is available and there’s money within the budget, you make him an offer. Brilliant player for this level and competition is healthy.

2 hours ago, dave_binos said:

If a player such as Morrison is available and there’s money within the budget, you make him an offer. Brilliant player for this level and competition is healthy.

Agree, and I'd love to see him at Forthbank. Competition is healthy, but 3 wide players in a smalishl squad seems unlikely. The manager did say in the SO he intended  using Moore and Roberts out wide. Maybe KR would intend playing Morrison through the middle behind the strikers. Can't remember if we ever tried that when he was here before. 

2 minutes ago, gmca said:

Agree, and I'd love to see him at Forthbank. Competition is healthy, but 3 wide players in a smalishl squad seems unlikely. The manager did say in the SO he intended  using Moore and Roberts out wide. Maybe KR would intend playing Morrison through the middle behind the strikers. Can't remember if we ever tried that when he was here before. 

Fair one. I would say 3 wide players would be the minimum requirement. We need competition but manager might have other ideas, go with the two signings and possibly have Heaver and Bikey (if he returns) as alternative options. 

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

Fair one. I would say 3 wide players would be the minimum requirement. We need competition but manager might have other ideas, go with the two signings and possibly have Heaver and Bikey (if he returns) as alternative options. 

That sounds reasonable, think Cammy Thomson could even cover wide left. Small squads need a few versatile players in there. Looks like there may only be 1 more to come in. Personally think central midfield needs bolstering, but we'll see what KR comes up with in due course.