Stirling Albion Thread

Will be a good signing for you. Don’t expect a ton of goals but a lot of heart.

Thank you and that’s pleasing to hear. Have to say that I don’t remember him from last season but then that means nothing. Looking forward to seeing what he can do [emoji1303]

Was sad to see Moore leave Queens, always gave 110%. Hope he continues to develop with you guys, and that this signing is positive one for him. Fully expect to be ruing his departure when he inevitably scores against us next season.

59 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Our new signings seems to be heavily loaded with forward players, hope we get round to thinking about midfield and defence before the playing budget is shot.

Lets hope KR gets it spot on with his midfield signings its been an area we have sadly been found wanting in for the last couple of years. Re the defence still think we should be on the look out for a left back another area we have failed to cover over the last few years. 

7 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Our new signings seems to be heavily loaded with forward players, hope we get round to thinking about midfield and defence before the playing budget is shot.

Think we've got 5 defenders signed, so would think we'll probably only have 1 more there. Maybe need 3 midfielders and a couple of above par League 2 midfielders would leave us in pretty good nick on paper I'd say.

So are these the 15 signed players then:

Blair Currie

Cammy Binnie 

Paul McLean 

Jordan McGregor 

James Creaney

Kyle Banner 

Ross McGeachie

Callum Thomson 

Dom Docherty 

David Wilson 

Sean Heaver 

Keiron Moore 

Dylan Mackin 

Andy Ryan

Declan Byrne 

Gone: Craig Truesdale, Danny Jardine, Darryl Duffy, Dylan Bikey 

Unknown:  Jordan Lowdon, Fraser Scott, Paul Willis,  Josh Peters, Max Wright

Probably got some wrong and missed people but couldn't find an official list anywhere

As was explained in the Zoom Meet The Manager session, there is a possibility that Darryl Duffy and Dylan Bikey could return.

Duffy is struggling with the travel from Troon along with his work and family life, but KR said he chats to him nearly every day and that he is hopeful they can sort something out. Apparently Duffy is happy at the club and does want to stay, just finding things a bit tough and is caught in limbo.

Dylan Bikey is keen to return and KR said that “any team at this level would want a player like Dylan in the team” but sadly he needs an op which could rule him out until the end of the season, so it’s very much a case of “wait and see”.

It would also appear that Jordan Lowden is still in the managers plans and he is working with Kenny Crichton, so I don’t think the door is closed on him.

You’ve missed Kevin Nicol from the list above but he has signed for Cumbernauld United.

13 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

So are these the 15 signed players then:

Blair Currie

Cammy Binnie 

Paul McLean 

Jordan McGregor 

James Creaney

Kyle Banner 

Ross McGeachie

Callum Thomson 

Dom Docherty 

David Wilson 

Sean Heaver 

Keiron Moore 

Dylan Mackin 

Andy Ryan

Declan Byrne 

Gone: Craig Truesdale, Danny Jardine, Darryl Duffy, Dylan Bikey 

Unknown:  Jordan Lowdon, Fraser Scott, Paul Willis,  Josh Peters, Max Wright

Probably got some wrong and missed people but couldn't find an official list anywhere

How are the Bino's fans feeling about the season ahead?  Happy with the team and potential for a play off place or is the manager going for the league again?  Some decent players in the Gone/Unknown list.......Duffy, Bikey, Jardine and Peters.    

18 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

As was explained in the Zoom Meet The Manager session, there is a possibility that Darryl Duffy and Dylan Bikey could return.

Duffy is struggling with the travel from Troon along with his work and family life, but KR said he chats to him nearly every day and that he is hopeful they can sort something out. Apparently Duffy is happy at the club and does want to stay, just finding things a bit tough and is caught in limbo.

Dylan Bikey is keen to return and KR said that “any team at this level would want a player like Dylan in the team” but sadly he needs an op which could rule him out until the end of the season, so it’s very much a case of “wait and see”.

It would also appear that Jordan Lowden is still in the managers plans and he is working with Kenny Crichton, so I don’t think the door is closed on him.

You’ve missed Kevin Nicol from the list above but he has signed for Cumbernauld United.

Since that meeting, the managers' signings would indicate that neither Duffy nor Bikey will be back, unless he's been getting squad players in early.

How are the Bino's fans feeling about the season ahead?  Happy with the team and potential for a play off place or is the manager going for the league again?  Some decent players in the Gone/Unknown list.......Duffy, Bikey, Jardine and Peters. 

I think with there being a Full Time team in the league, going for the title will always be a nigh on impossibility, however it doesn’t mean you can’t try.

The aim is to get out of the league, but I think most fans knew that last seasons squad wasn’t going to cut it, without a ball even being kicked, but what was a surprise to many was the laboured style of play that followed.

Looking at the squad so far, I think KR has retained well in the Defensive areas, where were were really strong last season and has decided to rip the attacking side up and start again. Whether the signings so far are the ones he referred to or not, but he did state that he was talking to 4 players who would really excite the fans and pull standards up, but whether he would get all 4, time would tell. I’m sure Andy Ryan would be one of those, and with what Queens Park and Albion Rovers fans have said about the other signings, it’s sounding a bit more positive than last year.

Of those retained, a couple raised eyebrows, yes, but it depends how they are used. I would say he hasn’t kept any howlers though.

As for those who look to have left. I have addressed the Bikey, Lowden and Duffy situation a post or two above, so move past them. I’m not to bothered about losing Danny Jardine, if indeed he has left. He has hardly influenced a game I have watched since KR come in. You can argue he is not a Right Winger and I would say that is true, but if he can’t play the role that KR wants him to then why keep him? He’s did show a few seasons back that he is a good player, and he’s a really good young guy, but he doesn’t score goals and he doesn’t make things happen as much as you would be hoping he could, but I really really hope he does well wherever he ends up. As for Peters, yeah he’ll be a miss but only if we can’t recruit better, I think we can. Max Wright, good riddance along with Paul Willis. Craig Truesdale and Fraser Scott were youngsters realised by Airdrie given another opportunity and never really took it and Kevin Nicoll was simply done and past his best and didn’t really do the same job here as he did at Clyde.

As for KR, well he admitted that he got 50% of it right last season and also mentioned he is probably still lucky to be in a job, he wouldn’t be at some other clubs. The fans took to him very quickly as he is a quirky, likeable lad but many have turned and are now questioning why he is still in place. The board remain keen on him, have backed him well and are sure he is the man to take us up, I’m not 100% certain but I’m willing to give him more time in the hope that he can, but I can’t help but think if he starts next season like he did last season then the fans aren’t going to be as patient as last season. There have been a few more changes behind the scenes as well, we now have a proper scouting and coaching network and we are told that we have an analysis team that’s up there with the best in the country, so as I have said, the board have backed him well.

It’s far to early to predict how next season is going to go, but I am pleased that the squad is starting to take shape and I’m sure there will be a few surprises before we kick off....whenever that will be.

On 28/06/2020 at 09:26, City Jacobite said:

Until all teams have their squads signed up it is too early to consider how we might do against the rest of the league. We have the makings of being competitive but so do a few others, maybe QP will do a Cove, but like last season most teams will be much of a muchness.

With the projected late start to the season hope is unlikely to have turned to despair before that start of winter, it may even go beyond that.

Edited by AlbionMan

On 28/06/2020 at 09:26, City Jacobite said:

Darren Smith freed by clyde

Darren Smith freed by clyde

Surprised that things haven’t quite worked out for him at Clyde. It goes without saying that I would love to see him back at Forthbank, injuries aside, Stirling has always seemed a good fit for him.