Stirling Albion Thread

Jordan Lowdon still kicking about at Stirling?

Seems to be.  But not sure if he will have his contract extended as was dropped near the time of his injury.  Good player, decent pace and a footballer.  Like him. 

Don’t know if it was just me, but I got the impression last Monday night that KR was hinting that he could stay with us for next season, if he can get over this injury.

He said the door was still open for a few players that still having signed on, then later in during a separate part of his Zoom session, he went on to chat about his injury and how hopeful he was that he is over it now and returning to full fitness and that Lowden has been working with Kenny Crichton over the last couple of weeks.

Must say that every time I seen Lowden play for Arbroath & Clyde, I thought he was one of the best Left Backs in the lower league, didn’t really get that impression when he played against us with Elgin and I wasn’t overly impressed with his early season form for us last year, before initially being dropped for James Creaney then obviously picking up the injury. If he was to stay then I’d be ok with that, as you know there is a good player there, but equally if he was to leave then I wouldn’t be to bothered either as you do wonder if injuries have/are taking their toll.

Our Donate A Ticket Scottish Cup Semi-Final is underway against Tranent Juniors. After donating 50% of everything we raised in the last 3 rounds - We’ve decided to donate 100% from this tie to our sister club in Gambia - The Gambinos.

Gambia has been hit hard by recent global events, and 48% live in poverty, with 10% of all children suffering from acute malnutrition.

You can help.

A little goes a long way in Gambia. For example, a 25-kilo bag of rice costs around £12 which can feed a family of 6 for 3 weeks.

Donate here: https://bit.ly/STIvTRA

sti-tra.png

Airdrieonians priced out of bid for Ryan?

No offence meant it's a serious question, have the Bino's suddenly come into some big money?

Anyone else think there's something queer about the crazy sums being put into the donate a ticket cup, could it possibly be that some certain sides board members have been ploughing in cash safe in the knowledge that they'd get their money back and by staying in the cup the club would get more money in the next round from others.  A cynical view perhaps but something seems fishy with the numbers involved.

No offence meant it's a serious question, have the Bino's suddenly come into some big money?

Anyone else think there's something queer about the crazy sums being put into the donate a ticket cup, could it possibly be that some certain sides board members have been ploughing in cash safe in the knowledge that they'd get their money back and by staying in the cup the club would get more money in the next round from others.  A cynical view perhaps but something seems fishy with the numbers involved.

Think Stirling Albion are donating the money they’ve raised.

No, and to be honest, I wouldn’t have thought we would be the highest spenders in League 2 either. KR spoke on a zoom meet the manager session and said that some players are looking for security it the moment and for a lot of them money isn’t the driving factor. He also said he was hoping to attract 4 or 5 impressive names to the club, that would probably wouldn’t have been afforded before but with the offer of security and the things that the club can offer in terms of location and facilities might just sway it........maybe Ryan falls into this category.

Not from our point, long story cut short but all the money we raise through this will be donated to a Gambian village that one of our supporters does a lot to help out .

30 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

Second signing coming up at 8pm

Keiran Moore - those two goals at Forthbank just before lockdown can't have done him any harm. Good luck to him, will run all day for you.

8 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Think Stirling Albion are donating the money they’ve raised.

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Not from our point, long story cut short but all the money we raise through this will be donated to a Gambian village that one of our supporters does a lot to help out .

I spotted that Gambinos were getting donated the money from this round, it was more the amazing amounts raised by some of the lower league sides, particularly as there seemed no consistency between what had been raised in the early rounds and what suddenly appeared in the last 2, perhaps is was just a case of more fans getting on-board but I'm a cynical sod so...

Guest The Phoenix
15 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I spotted that Gambinos were getting donated the money from this round, it was more the amazing amounts raised by some of the lower league sides, particularly as there seemed no consistency between what had been raised in the early rounds and what suddenly appeared in the last 2, perhaps is was just a case of more fans getting on-board but I'm a cynical sod so...

Cynicism can occasionally be a good thing. 😉

Keiran Moore - those two goals at Forthbank just before lockdown can't have done him any harm. Good luck to him, will run all day for you.

Will be a good signing for you. Don’t expect a ton of goals but a lot of heart.

There’s a player in Moore and he did a good job for us, however his lack of goals probably held him back in terms of being part of the future plans. Only young, but I imagine as he matures more as a player he’ll be very effective at this level. Like been said before, will run all day for you and his second goal at forthbank in February typified that.