Stirling Albion Thread

Ross McGeachie, David Wilson and Cammy Thomson sign on for another season.

Delighted with the news, personally. For me, Ross McGeachie is everything you wanted in a club Captain and is amongst the best Defenders in the league.

Div Wilson may have been a bit hit and miss last season but there is no doubt that he is a player that can turn a game. Cammy Thomson also looks to have a decent future in the game and is progressing just lovely.

Guest The Phoenix

Point taken, Mike but we made one change in January the year we won the play offs and he transformed the team.  

5/6 quality additions to the squad and... 

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Ross McGeachie, David Wilson and Cammy Thomson sign on for another season.

Delighted with the news, personally. For me, Ross McGeachie is everything you wanted in a club Captain and is amongst the best Defenders in the league.

Div Wilson may have been a bit hit and miss last season but there is no doubt that he is a player that can turn a game. Cammy Thomson also looks to have a decent future in the game and is progressing just lovely.

I'll be equally interested in hearing of the players not being offered new contracts.  I hope we're not committing the playing budget too early given the possibility that there may be a long wait till season 20/21 starts and cash starts to flow.

Delighted with the news, personally. For me, Ross McGeachie is everything you wanted in a club Captain

Really?
Paul McLean embodies the role of a captain much more than Ross. Talking players through a game and organising everyone around you us not a strength of Ross as he is concentrating on his own game fully.

James Creaney also signed on as a player/coach. Bill Orr appointed as Head of Performance Analysis. Presumably he can say "you're shite" in several different ways.

On 14/05/2020 at 19:12, The Phoenix said:

Point taken, Mike but we made one change in January the year we won the play offs and he transformed the team.  

5/6 quality additions to the squad and... 

Greig brought in three new players that window - not sure which one of them transformed the team?

On 14/05/2020 at 23:46, Ray Vaughn said:

Really?
Paul McLean embodies the role of a captain much more than Ross. Talking players through a game and organising everyone around you us not a strength of Ross as he is concentrating on his own game fully.

You won't go far wrong appointing Pabs as captain. He is a natural in the role.

Glad to see him embracing the new challenge with Stirling.  One of the game's most genuine "good guys" . 

We’ve been drawn away to Pollok FC in the Second Round of the Donate A Ticket Scottish Cup. You can back us today by donating a ticket for as little as £5 until Sunday at 7pm when the tie ends. For this round, we have chosen to give half of all the money we raise in Round 2 to our local food bank, Start Up Stirling. We are doing this in light of all the generosity already show by fans through our Go Fund Me fundraiser and it seemed only right to give something back. We ran out gallant victors in Round 1 after Thorniewood United took an early lead and gave us something to think about. The Binos rallied and came back even stronger in the second half. Hopefully we can pull off another victory in Round 2! If we get through Round 2, we’d love suggestions for any other local charities that we can donate to in Round 3. Head over to Donate A Ticket to make sure we win at: https://bit.ly/POLvsSTI

Pollok-Stirling.png

• 2 weeks later...

Morning lads, just dropping in to say I just dropped the kickstarted for a new Scottish football magazine I created with a couple of other fans. There is a column in there called The Culture Club which features Freehounds Barber Club in Stirling and talks about Stirling culture, barbering and Stirling Albion! 

There is also a column in there called in which Danny Denholm explains the importance of nutrition in a lower league footballers diet. There's some other cool articles / illustrations in there aswell. It would be great if you could back / share it with as many fans as possible. The link to our kickstarter is:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

It's the final day of the Donate a Ticket Scottish Cup Quarter Final tie against Gretna 2008. With less than 12 hours to go, The Binos could use your help to raise as much as possible for Strathcarron Hospice. Every year, Strathcarron provides care and support to over 1400 people with a life-limiting illness or condition. Donations can be made at: https://bit.ly/GREvsSTI

gre-sti.png

Edited by SAFCBinos1
link

Hearing that we are in talks with Stefan Mccluskey. Played for Dumbarton last season. Don’t know much about him to be honest although he has been around a few clubs in his time. 

Was excellent at Clyde when Jim Duffy was there, what, 5 or 6 years ago?

On 12/06/2020 at 10:32, Al_Bino said:

Hearing that we are in talks with Stefan Mccluskey. Played for Dumbarton last season. Don’t know much about him to be honest although he has been around a few clubs in his time. 

Opportunity for top 4 this season.  QP and Edinburgh will likely be strong.  The remainder is up for grabs.  I think Annan have a good management team and set up with Cowdenbeath likely to battle away and fight for top 4.  Think Elgin and the Bino's are looking for a spot too.  So that's 4 teams fighting for 2 spots in my view.  However there is always a surprise team in there - maybe Stenny.  

29 minutes ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Opportunity for top 4 this season.  QP and Edinburgh will likely be strong.  The remainder is up for grabs.  I think Annan have a good management team and set up with Cowdenbeath likely to battle away and fight for top 4.  Think Elgin and the Bino's are looking for a spot too.  So that's 4 teams fighting for 2 spots in my view.  However there is always a surprise team in there - maybe Stenny.  

On 12/06/2020 at 10:32, Al_Bino said:

Likes picking up signing on fees then deciding shortly after he is not enjoying the game & moving on to his next victims.

Seems to be.  But not sure if he will have his contract extended as was dropped near the time of his injury.  Good player, decent pace and a footballer.  Like him. 

Fair play. Liked him at Gayfield but his career has never really kicked on from there.