Stirling Albion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Cove Rangers defeat was a complete and utter shambles. A humiliation which was entirely predictable.  Team selection was an absolute joke and for that Kevin R must carry the can.

We have a remarkable knack of appointing managers who are gash and mediocrity often prevails.  Only three home league wins all season.

SAFC Board members couldn’t run a farting competition in a baked bean factory and that has been well known to some of us for years.  The recently published accounts to May last year show an almost £50, 000 diminution of cash assets.  We have managed to spaff up the wall almost £100, 000 of cash reserves in two years.

Yet the supporters have continued to back them including the chairman.  They had a chance to restructure the board and put new blood in place two years ago.  Several investors were lined up, ready willing and able to provide regular funding well into six figures per annum.  But the investors were not prepared to cough up whilst the chairman remained in post.

Strangely, most supporters considered that the sun shone out of his backside and refused to oust him.  They made their bed then and for the last two years they have had to lie in it.  They will continue to have to lie in it as long as the club remains unrestructured.  Potential investors will not even consider investing unless and until this happens.  Meantime we will, if we are lucky, remain mid-table for the foreseeable future, but how long can we rely upon the likes of a Brechin City or an Albion Rovers to challenge for the trapdoor slot?  

I shall have nightmares over the days ahead reliving tonight’s debacle especially as I know of investors prepared to put money in but with no prospect of that coming to realisation as long as the current board cling to office, aided and abetted by a blinkered group of supporters.

A wee bit of rewriting history there Red Watch. I’m not going to go over old ground as I don’t think going over well worn history does anything to move the club forward, or is even worth debating, so will make ONE post on the matter.

Yet the supporters have continued to back them including the chairman.  They had a chance to restructure the board and put new blood in place two years ago.  Several investors were lined up, ready willing and able to provide regular funding well into six figures per annum.  But the investors were not prepared to cough up whilst the chairman remained in post.

The current board of Directors have been restructured and (from memory) only contain 2 of the members from 2 years ago. Yes they are lead by the same Chairman but you can’t refer to the Chairman as “the board”.

I’m assuming the investors you refer to are the same people that around this time were referred to as “the associates” which I’m also assuming you were a part of or had links to. When Colin Rowley and Co (or SAFC consort as it was referred to at the time) made a move to buy the club, a long version cut short, these associates were also set to put in a counter offer, and please correct me if I am wrong in this one, that counter offer never came....the back of a fag packet proposal that was spoken about at the time was nothing more than a stalling tactic to ensure SAFC Consort didn’t get their hands on the club. Many would argue this was down to self preservation, many would argue that people wanted their pals like “Big Ken” on the board but during this time we never once heard any plans on how the associates intended to move the club forward, just how bad Stuart Brown was and how disastrous SAFC Consort would be. 2 years later, where have all these people gone? That money was only coming into the club if the lads got their “Saturday’s in the sun” and even then I’m not convinced that it was ever going to come.

Strangely, most supporters considered that the sun shone out of his backside and refused to oust him.  They made their bed then and for the last two years they have had to lie in it.  They will continue to have to lie in it as long as the club remains unrestructured. 

Most supporters did not and still do not consider the sun to shine out of his backside, most supporters felt that the way the then Trust board and the associates treated Brown, especially with stories that Howarth took to the press, were outrageous. The treatment he received was uncalled for and simply unfair. I’m sure Brown will admit to making mistakes but no man deserves the treatment that he received during this time. Stuart Brown has his fair share of critics but everyone was united in the way he was treated being wrong and those that were treating him this way had to go, thank fully they did this on mass.

The ironic thing about all this is that Stuart Brown was stepping down at the end of that season anyway and stayed on as consequence of what had happened, that must really rub a few people up the wrong way knowing that.

My opinion, for what it’s worth. If SAFC Consort had been allowed to buy the club 2 years ago, as a club and as a First Team, we would have been in a better position than we currently are and I blame every man who stalled the deal, who slandered the club and caused as much disruption as they could. Colin Rowley is now on the board and does a lot of bloody work, he should be commended for the job he does, for the time and effort he puts in, but his hands will always be tied behind his back due to the club being fan owned. Every Stirling fan should be grateful that he is around, I’ve yet to meet one that’s not and he does this as a volunteer. Every lower league club needs a Rowley onboard and we are lucky to have one, what are the faceless associates doing on a match day these days? I bet it’s not Stirling Albion related, which is a pity as the club is always on the lookout for volunteers.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin Hardie leaves the club and KR talks of a change in direction. The article on the OS raises more questions than answers, however what does seem to be clear is that KR is going to be given more time and it would also seem that he is owning up to making a few mistakes this far.

Will be interesting to see what happens next.

2 hours ago, Jacketsforgoalposts said:

Find this quite strange Hardie looked as if he didn’t have an input especially on match days so if KR wants to go a different direction I would like to know his plans as I said before his man management skills leave an awful lot to be desired and has had sufficient time to have done a lot better

Came as a surprise to most Albion fans Martin Hardie departing. The statement put out as a previous poster has said leaves more questions than answers. I would assume that KR will be bringing in someone else to take over from MH. Who that is remains to be answered. Is whoever is coming in, more experienced than MH or are we looking to appoint a director of football type person ? who knows , stay tuned for the answer.