Stirling Albion Thread

Hearing that Stirling have been in contact with Clyde about taking Smith back. And Clyde have since asked about Dylan Bikey’s availability. Interesting...

Don’t know if I would want Darren Smith back tbh, would rather we kept Dylan Bikey.

DeanMcK on another of his fishing trips I’m sure.

For what it’s worth, I’m not convinced KR is a big fan of Bikey, and I don’t think he knows how to use him as effectively as Dave Mackay did.

Could be re Smith time will tell, Agree your comments re Bikey he should be starting for us his pace at this level should be a major asset for us be it’s clear that KR doesn’t think along those lines. wants him to come back and help out in defence and I don’t think Bikey wants to do that donkey work. His best position could be as a floating player behind our front 2.

Edited by rhliston

Hi folks, i know this isnt directly Binos related however, as a fellow Bino, i was hoping for your help.
I am currently undertaking my 4th Year project at Abertay Uni on barriers to participation in sport in the Stirling Area and have created a short survey (5 minutes) to get some feedback from the public. You must be in the postal area FK7-FK9
This is completely optional and you can opt out at any time, all the details regards the survey are on the link provided below. The survey is completely anonymous and there is no way of knowing who said what.
I would be grateful if you could share this with your family and friends too.
Many Thanks
Cammy
Edited by BinosCammy

Gareth Rodger returns from injury and leaves the club after playing 1 game...and signs for Gala Fairydean.

Makes sense to free up a wage as with McLean now moving into Centre Back, I didn’t see him getting a game.

16 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Gareth Rodger returns from injury and leaves the club after playing 1 game...and signs for Gala Fairydean.

Makes sense to free up a wage as with McLean now moving into Centre Back, I didn’t see him getting a game.

Wonder who will be next Lewis Hawke perhaps ?

Wonder who will be next Lewis Hawke perhaps ?

Wouldn’t be sad to see the big fella leave and he has slid so far out of contention that it’s only a matter of time, whether that is now or in the summer. I always suspect that a player will leave in January if they have an opportunity to go elsewhere, let’s hope Hawke has that because he has looked way out of his depth every time I have seen him.

Would probably have sad Max Wright as well, but he was given a chance against Stenhousemuir last week and took it, so maybe he has bought himself some more time.

Other than those 2, nobody else really jumps out, although there are a couple more I would like to see leave, KR seems to play them and keep them involved so must see something I don’t.

Not sure what’s happening with McLaren. He was at Jeanfield Swifts the last I heard, can’t remember if it was a loan more of if he was released.

Banner is still very much involved with the First Team and is highly thought of by KR. Has played a lot of games over the past couple of seasons and has looked ok by and large.

Docherty, in and out of the team but still involved with the First Team. Flatters to deceive a lot of the times for me, but on his day is as good as most in Midfield in this division.

Binnie, has been back up for the past season and a bit. Had a chance to reclaim the number 1 jersey a month ago but has picked up and injury after a couple of games. Still looks a player but question marks remain about exactly how good.

Lowden is injures, but with the way that Creaney has played, may struggle to get back into the team when he returns.

4 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

How is Sean Heaver getting on? Noticed he hasn’t played the last few games.

After a slow start got into team and scored a few goals but has been on the bench the last few games. Got rewarded with a pro contract just before Christmas. Got pace works hard seems to have lost his place as Mackin and Duffy seem to have secured the 2 front positions for now.