Stirling Albion Thread

Poor Stirling Albion the once mighty Yo yo team appear to have stopped going up but have gone into sad decline.

The standard in this division is crap and they are struggling. Going be a long season for them.

East Fife tomorrow - Expect to lose with how we've been playing against a League 1 club.

Edinburgh City at the weekend - Potential to grab points but dont see it.

Cove after that - Free scoring side against a team that can barely muster a shot on target. Could be brutal.

Then Albion Rovers....could a loss in Coatbridge see the end of ANOTHER manager?

57 minutes ago, al-be-oh-nee said:

East Fife tomorrow - Expect to lose with how we've been playing against a League 1 club.

Edinburgh City at the weekend - Potential to grab points but dont see it.

Cove after that - Free scoring side against a team that can barely muster a shot on target. Could be brutal.

Then Albion Rovers....could a loss in Coatbridge see the end of ANOTHER manager?

Poor start to the season of that their is no doubt but hopefully the team can surprise us on Saturday,City only won last week due to a injury time goal so their is hope for us to get something.

Cove game you never know on form just now looks like an away win but whilst they can score goals they let 4 in last week against Albion Rovers so fingers crossed that we can get something. 

Don't think if we lose to Albion Rovers that KR like Dave MacKay will get the bullet, just hope  we don't get to the stage of having to find another manager again. 

40 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Poor start to the season of that their is no doubt but hopefully the team can surprise us on Saturday,City only won last week due to a injury time goal so their is hope for us to get something.

Cove game you never know on form just now looks like an away win but whilst they can score goals they let 4 in last week against Albion Rovers so fingers crossed that we can get something. 

Don't think if we lose to Albion Rovers that KR like Dave MacKay will get the bullet, just hope  we don't get to the stage of having to find another manager again. 

Cove may have conceded 4 but we dont shoot!

If we were to lose to Edi and Cove - Be on 0 points, bottom of the league going into Albion Rovers and then get beat again...I think Kevin Rutkiewicz could be in serious trouble.

Cove may have conceded 4 but we dont shoot!
If we were to lose to Edi and Cove - Be on 0 points, bottom of the league going into Albion Rovers and then get beat again...I think Kevin Rutkiewicz could be in serious trouble.

We can’t go on forever not scoring, gonna break our duck hopefully before that. We just need a break in front of goal to get confidence up and you never know we could be in the hunt for a playoff place before long.

Would be fantastic to see him back, especially now that we have someone for him to play off. Seriously doubt it will happen, but we can be allowed to dream.

Whatever his next move is, he needs to play football and settle somewhere.

14 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Hows Currie and Nicoll getting on guys.

Don't know if you have twitter but there's a video of an absolute belter of a tackle from Nicoll on Craig Thomson in their game at Edinburgh on Saturday. Generates so much seethe from the Edinburgh bench you can hear a shout along the lines of "fuckin' animal that c**t!". :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

Don't know if you have twitter but there's a video of an absolute belter of a tackle from Nicoll on Craig Thomson in their game at Edinburgh on Saturday. Generates so much seethe from the Edinburgh bench you can hear a shout along the lines of "fuckin' animal that c**t!". [emoji38]
Dont have twitter but would love to see it....

Those 2nd and 3rd lines just confirm Kevins attitude and commitment & we should have kept him to get stuck in!!

35 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Dont have twitter but would love to see it....

Those 2nd and 3rd lines just confirm Kevins attitude and commitment & we should have kept him to get stuck in!!

Both Currie and Nicoll have done well for us considering the poor start we have had. Nicoll is the type of player we have been missing in our midfield a tough no nonsense player. Currie has established himself as our No 1 in goals and has done well despite the defeats.

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with Andy Graham last night. In the first part, he talks at length about his five years with Stirling Albion.

The stuff about the 2009/10 title race is brilliant, especially when he touches on the final two games of the season.

I think you'll enjoy it very much.

CLICK

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with Andy Graham last night. In the first part, he talks at length about his five years with Stirling Albion.
The stuff about the 2009/10 title race is brilliant, especially when he touches on the final two games of the season.
CLICK
Looking forward to listening to it, feel free to delete the alloa shite though. Apart from "the header" obvs.

CLICK

Good listening especially about his time with the Albion.

On 21/08/2019 at 21:45, shawfield shed boy said:

Two of our better signings. Currie has to be one of the best 'keepers at this level. Nicoll is the kind of player we've needed since Andy Black left. It's no surprise our midfield fell apart last Saturday when he got shifted to centre-half in the second half. 

On Club website signing news tonight, wonder who it could be ?

If the rumours are true, it could be a wonderful signing for the club and in time, it could go towards turning this season around.

If it’s not who is rumoured, then I really hope it’s another wide player that can make things happen.

If the rumours are true, it could be a wonderful signing for the club and in time, it could go towards turning this season around.

If it’s not who is rumoured, then I really hope it’s another wide player that can make things happen.
le jeu a changé [emoji106]