Stirling Albion Thread

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lads, does Ferrie have the ability to be our number 1 this season?

Given you started with Jack Hamilton and the boy Dieng last season - he's better than them.

Not sure if he's quite good enough for top end Championship, but was a standout for us. Really hope he does well!

Lads, does Ferrie have the ability to be our number 1 this season?

Would agree with The Phoenix and say 100%

He most definitely deserves the chance to at least start the League Cup games and take it from there.

The only question mark for me with him, is his distribution at times, but I do think he could go onto have a big future in the game......and he’s better than Jack Hamilton.

Alright troops. A few of you might of seen my posts on the other sections of Pie and Bovril.

I'm basically a Scottish Ex-pat living in Montreal that hates modern fitbaw and is totally disillusioned with the money of the modern game. I loved watching Scottish football and have made the decision to follow a couple of the local teams I watched as a kid online rather than turn on the telly and watch the English league or MLS. Obviously this isn't easy in the lower divisions.

Used to enjoy going to see Stirling Albion as a kid and like the fact (correct me if I'm wrong) they are fan owned.  

Obviously opening myself up for a right slagging here. But as Albion fans where would you point me to find some fan media and a ways to follow along with the upcoming season? I'm subscribed to the youtube page and have seen the facebook. I see the fanpage seems to be down?

Any fanzines, fan media, blogs or books point me in the direction. Cheers and all the best. 

I've spent most of my day in my office watching the Stirling Albion youtube page. I'm honestly blown away with the quality of the footage and highlight package. Really professional stuff. Tried watching Stenhousemuir's youtube a while back and it's absolutely unwatchable. Fair play to whoever is doing that youtube. great page and plenty of stuff there. I heard it was a guy from Lithgy rose that done a good job and went there? Not sure if that is true.

Anyway I'm not that into FB but will take a look. I'm really into podcasts so if there was a fan podcast or that point me in the right direction. Or Fanzine for that matter. 

23 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

I've spent most of my day in my office watching the Stirling Albion youtube page. I'm honestly blown away with the quality of the footage and highlight package. Really professional stuff. Tried watching Stenhousemuir's youtube a while back and it's absolutely unwatchable. Fair play to whoever is doing that youtube. great page and plenty of stuff there. I heard it was a guy from Lithgy rose that done a good job and went there? Not sure if that is true.

Anyway I'm not that into FB but will take a look. I'm really into podcasts so if there was a fan podcast or that point me in the right direction. Or Fanzine for that matter. 

As noted above, the twitter feed is great for updates. Forthbank News also worth a follow. Not sure if you'd be interested in this but a decent wee listen in regards to discussing our new signings https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/derek-gaston-on-looking-for-new-club-after-his-morton/id1253067931?i=1000441280655

Also, have you come across binoboy? He's good to follow on youtube. Here's a sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVipKu38fSU

16 hours ago, dave_binos said:

As noted above, the twitter feed is great for updates. Forthbank News also worth a follow. Not sure if you'd be interested in this but a decent wee listen in regards to discussing our new signings https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/derek-gaston-on-looking-for-new-club-after-his-morton/id1253067931?i=1000441280655

Also, have you come across binoboy? He's good to follow on youtube. Here's a sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVipKu38fSU

Cheers mate. I'll take a look at that wee guys youtube. Never seen that. I'll have a listen to the podcast.

KR saying in the Stirling Observer that he will probably not sign any more players although there is space for one more.

3 of the youngsters that were given opportunities near the tail end of last season will be added to the First Team squad and that Max Wright is expected to sign on again for next season.

I’ve said it before, like most supporters, I’m not sure what Wright has done to warrant a new deal, but he’s not the worst player to have about the First Team.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

KR saying in the Stirling Observer that he will probably not sign any more players although there is space for one more.

3 of the youngsters that were given opportunities near the tail end of last season will be added to the First Team squad and that Max Wright is expected to sign on again for next season.

I’ve said it before, like most supporters, I’m not sure what Wright has done to warrant a new deal, but he’s not the worst player to have about the First Team.

Lets hope KR made the right decision regarding Max Wright, still think he will be at best a squad filler to come on as sub to replace either one of the front men. Just hope we don't have an big injury list and need to throw in Development players into the first team. Time will tell regarding our squad but quietly optimistic that if we can get off to a good start in the League we can be in the mix come the end of the season. 

Looking at the other teams in this League, imo Edinburgh City possibly Cove and maybe Brechin could be our main rivals this year. We play Edinburgh and Cove within the first 4 weeks of the season so if we can get at least 4 points from those 2 games it bods well for the season.

4 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Lets hope KR made the right decision regarding Max Wright, still think he will be at best a squad filler to come on as sub to replace either one of the front men. Just hope we don't have an big injury list and need to throw in Development players into the first team. Time will tell regarding our squad but quietly optimistic that if we can get off to a good start in the League we can be in the mix come the end of the season. 

Looking at the other teams in this League, imo Edinburgh City possibly Cove and maybe Brechin could be our main rivals this year. We play Edinburgh and Cove within the first 4 weeks of the season so if we can get at least 4 points from those 2 games it bods well for the season.

Reading above how do you even consider Brechin as one of your main rivals, at the moment we have 5 signed players., maybe give you a decent 5 a side game 

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Reading above how do you even consider Brechin as one of your main rivals, at the moment we have 5 signed players., maybe give you a decent 5 a side game 

At least you have 5 decent players on not a bunch of jobbers like Stirling have pulled together. If they finish above 6th I would be shocked.

I would be surprised if your not in at least the top 5, still plenty of time left to bring in players imo. I would have thought both you and Stenny would be looking to bounce back up to League 1. From what you are saying you don’t expect to do much this season.

At least you have 5 decent players on not a bunch of jobbers like Stirling have pulled together. If they finish above 6th I would be shocked.

Well hope our bunch of jobbers prove you wrong then, by the way what team do you support ? Clearly can’t be much happening at your club if you have to comment on another teams signings.

Well hope our bunch of jobbers prove you wrong then, by the way what team do you support ? Clearly can’t be much happening at your club if you have to comment on another teams signings.

Its pretty obvious with his perma rage he supports Cowdenbeath.

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

I would be surprised if your not in at least the top 5, still plenty of time left to bring in players imo. I would have thought both you and Stenny would be looking to bounce back up to League 1. From what you are saying you don’t expect to do much this season.

Until we see our full squad difficult to say how we will do but we just took a big stride forward with Dougie Hill signing a new contract :Clap:

I see Forthbank is also one of the host venues for the women's under 19 UEFA championships next month, along with McDiarmid Park, Firhill and St Mirren.  

You lot getting any exciting ground improvements out of it?  We're getting the old dugouts ripped out and replaced with a technical area at the front of the Main Stand, hopefully resplendent with big comfy leather chairs with an embroidered St Johnstone badge on, along with some other stuff that I can't remember.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I see Forthbank is also one of the host venues for the women's under 19 UEFA championships next month, along with McDiarmid Park, Firhill and St Mirren.  

You lot getting any exciting ground improvements out of it?  We're getting the old dugouts ripped out and replaced with a technical area at the front of the Main Stand, hopefully resplendent with big comfy leather chairs with an embroidered St Johnstone badge on, along with some other stuff that I can't remember.

Only thing we had done was new disabled spaces in the West and East stands apart from that nothing else 

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The pitch has been relaid, hope it's ready in time. Our friendlies are all away games and 5 games at Forthbank in the first 15 days of the season isn't ideal.

Edited by AlbionMan