Stirling Albion Thread

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Good effort from Stirling in signing a bunch of mid table League 2 players to secure their mid table League 2 finish.

What about their signings that won promotion from league 2 last season?

8 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Suppose it’s better than doing a Cowden, and resigning the same bunch of mid table League 2 jobbers to secure their mid table League 2 finish.......and give us all another year of laughing at the epitome of all things Cowdenbeath, Jordyn Sheerinemoji23.png

:lol: brilliant one mate!

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Good effort from Stirling in signing a bunch of mid table League 2 players to secure their mid table League 2 finish.

Have to agree on this. Football is not played on paper obviously but every signing is meh and reeks of mid table mediocrity.

Guest The Phoenix
4 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Archie thomas has just signed for us heard he had a short loan spell at you guys , how was he before he got injured ?

Very short sadly. 2 appearances - came on as second half sub in first game after joining on loan and got injured in the last minute of the first half the following week having started. Utd very kindly cancelled the loan deal and he returned to Tannadice for rehab.

Highly regarded but clearly we didn’t have time to judge him fairly .

Have to agree on this. Football is not played on paper obviously but every signing is meh and reeks of mid table mediocrity.

Blair Currie 18 clean sheets last season (19 if you count the 1-0 win against Rovers that was revoked for fielding an ineligible player). The best keeper in league 2 by a country mile.

Best by a country mile and deemed not good enough by Lennon to make the step up to league 1 doesn't really add up does it? I don't know much about him but keepers are much of a muchness at this level who all have weaknesses, coming for cross balls a constant theme over the years hence they don't go on to play at a full time level.

Best by a country mile and deemed not good enough by Lennon to make the step up to league 1 doesn't really add up does it? I don't know much about him but keepers are much of a muchness at this level who all have weaknesses, coming for cross balls a constant theme over the years hence they don't go on to play at a full time level.

Best in league 2 yeah. Not sure why he left tbh

I liked him and would've probably held onto him but best keeper by a country mile is a bit of a bold statement. Let's not forget the settled defence he had in front of him in the second half of the season contributed a fair deal towards they clean sheets.

Good but not irreplaceable is probably the best way to describe Currie, which seems to be the way Lennon sees it aswell.

Guest The Phoenix
2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lads, does Ferrie have the ability to be our number 1 this season?

100% 

Of the choice currently available to you, I’d be amazed if he wasn’t. 

Absolutely, one of the best young keepers I have seen in the lower leagues. Would have loved to have got him back.

He was decent enough but he wasn’t the best keeper in our league last season.
He romped our player of the year though.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lads, does Ferrie have the ability to be our number 1 this season?

He`s in with a good shout imo. Depends on the form of your current No 1. Good young goalkeeper, wish him all the best at Dens Park.