Stirling Albion Thread

Don't think Stirling will ever have a better chance, as Peterhead and Clyde 2 of the 3 strongest teams in the League last year, and the third losing a lot of players (although could recruit well again given Murphy's previous signings).

Certainly don't think Brechin and Stenny will bring as much to the table 

Be good to see Stirling in League 1, always a cracking away day (presuming we retain L1 status !).

Don't think Stirling will ever have a better chance, as Peterhead and Clyde 2 of the 3 strongest teams in the League last year, and the third losing a lot of players (although could recruit well again given Murphy's previous signings).
Be good to see Stirling in League 1, always a cracking away day (presuming we retain L1 status !).

Depends on who else we bring in, pretty pleased so far but we will see in the next few weeks.

Stenny have McGuigan which certainly help them quite a bit, agree that Brechin won't be up to much though.

6 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Hopefully we won’t.....

On 5/27/2019 at 06:36, macclyde+ said:

We'll need to stop making it easy for the visitors at Forthbank.  Making it easy for visitors will be one of the reasons macclyde thinks it's a cracking away day.

Stirling are probably about the only side in league 2 now that I wouldn't class as diddies so decent move and good luck to him. 

Probably won't be a starter every week but very useful player to have on the tight pitches or to bring on to shore it up when defending a lead. Will be suspended a few times :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

Kevin Nicoll. A good ball-winner, as in he'll clatter right through people and won't actually retain possession but it'll get the crowd into the game. Can't turn on the ball, or pass it quickly. Might do a job if you're playing a dogs of war, Annan style. He's the sort of player who has spent a career protecting other midfielders but now needs guys who can run alongside him, which means there are people doing his job anyway.

Kevin Nicoll. A good ball-winner, as in he'll clatter right through people and won't actually retain possession but it'll get the crowd into the game. Can't turn on the ball, or pass it quickly. Might do a job if you're playing a dogs of war, Annan style. He's the sort of player who has spent a career protecting other midfielders but now needs guys who can run alongside him, which means there are people doing his job anyway.

A ball winner is what we have been lacking for years, so happy with this signing. With Wilson and Docherty infront of him you'd imagine they'd do all the running.

Certainly did a job for us but I thought he was looking quite done by the end of last season. Nonetheless, he was a good servant for the club over the past couple of years. He could probably last another season in League Two but I’m not sure he could last being a starter every week.

All the best to him mind you - he’s a good bloke.

He is a ball winner, however can’t pass the ball particularly well so tends to give the ball away again. Role for us was purely to come on and help protect a lead last 15 mins.
Did ok job for us and divided opinion I suppose.. I wasn’t a fan but as ever just my opinion, time for him to to move on and best of luck to him. Experienced guy at this level

Kevin Nicol signs.
top bloke don't listen to the nonsense about all he can do is clatter people they simply just don't like him
He will do a great job for you best of luck for next year love to see kev get back to back promotions [emoji106]

He is a ball winner, however can’t pass the ball particularly well so tends to give the ball away again. Role for us was purely to come on and help protect a lead last 15 mins.
Did ok job for us and divided opinion I suppose.. I wasn’t a fan but as ever just my opinion, time for him to to move on and best of luck to him. Experienced guy at this level
forget all game against Edinburgh away one that turned our season ?
plus he got a bad injury out for six weeks

I've always thought Kevin Nichol was a dirty b when we played Clyde. Over physical but dominated midfield.
Delighted he's signed.

Always said that about Nicol, a player you hated but would love to have. Now we have him, pleasing.