Stirling Albion Thread

Yep would go along with that, hope we resign Mackin and Peaso as well for next season. Just hope KR and MH can do the business in the Summer Said in yesterdays Observer "We are out to get the best players we possibly can and its up to us to identify who they are and if its financially viable  for us to get them" 
Hopefully this year we can do the business and get out of this Basement League. 

Aye I'd be happy with those 2 resigning. Mackin staying would be an incredible signing, would promise us goals.

Rumours flying about that we're after Kevin Nicol. Not the best technically but the kind of guy we need in the middle, a big shithouse. Could just be someone spreading shite again though.

4 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Rumours flying about that we're after Kevin Nicol. Not the best technically but the kind of guy we need in the middle, a big shithouse. Could just be someone spreading shite again though.

Well if its true he is certainly the type of player that we could do with a big midfield cludger, no nonsense type of player who will rile the opposition. 

Always like to see players re-sign. Suggests good relation between players and management. My mind and body is needing a rest, but would appear that is not going to happen.

On highlight packages. Every time Docherty's shot hits the back of the net my heart races. More of the same Dom.

8 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Aye I'd be happy with those 2 resigning. Mackin staying would be an incredible signing, would promise us goals.

Truthfully, big Kev’s legs are just about done. He could possibly just about do the job for a mid-table team but for a team trying to go up, with another year on the clock, I’m not sure you’d really be getting the player you’d think you’re getting. He’s not dreadful by any means, just not really the player he once was.

Post on the clubs Facebook page:

Player Departures

Further squad updates will follow in due course but at present we can confirm the following:

Players released

Jordan Allan

Max Ashmore

Evan Horne

Jason Marr

Lewis McLear (invited back for pre-season training)

Returning to parent clubs

Calum Ferrie (Dundee)

Ronan Hughes (Hamilton Accies)

Neil McLaughlin (Motherwell)

Scott Glover (St Mirren)

We would like to thank those moving on for their efforts at Forthbank and wish them all the very best for the future.

——————————

Not disappointed or surprised at those who have left.

I’m assuming the rest have been offered something, including Max Wright [emoji33]

It’s going to be interesting to see who KR brings in during the summer. Hopefully we can get the likes of Darren Smith, Dylan Mackin, Pearson and Lee Hamilton signed up for next season.

Need help at goalkeeper if we can’t get Ferrie back on loan, Centre Half, left back, Midfield, a couple of wingers and help up front, if we can do the business then we could be looking at promotion next season.

Just hope KR gets it right for all our sakes and we don’t have to spend another season in the Basement.

Cart before the horse. Season not finished and we're talking of  promotion ??   Who beat us first game this season? What if MacKay had won 1 or 2 more games and carried on wounded.  We could have been playing at Balmoral park sooner than we would have liked. 

12 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Cart before the horse. Season not finished and we're talking of  promotion ??   Who beat us first game this season? What if MacKay had won 1 or 2 more games and carried on wounded.  We could have been playing at Balmoral park sooner than we would have liked. 

Season is finished for us and Yes shouldn't we be looking to get out of this League ? Fact of the matter is we did get beat 1-0 at Berwick in the first game of the previous season  and it took us 5 games before we got our first points of the season with a 3-0 win at Elgin. Clearly things were not right and after the 3-0 defeat away to Albion Rovers, Dave MacKay departed the Albion.

Since then after KR came on the scene we bounced back and started picking up points but fell away towards the last couple of months left of the season.  So any talk that it could have been us playing Cove in the playoffs is nonsense. Albion Rovers and latterly Berwick have struggled all season to get points in this League. Rovers under Kevin Harper started to pick up points while Berwick under Johnny Harvey went on the slide and its no surprise to me and most others who follow League 2 football  that they look to be bound to the Lowland League. 

As I said we SHOULD be looking to get out of this League and hopefully KR does the business in the Summer to get the right players in needed for our promotion bid next season. The longer it goes on we stay in this League the more harm it will do to the future of the Club. We need to get out of this League and STAY OUT. 

As I predicted Jordan Lowden has signed, which I'm fairly pleased about. Don't know much about this Lewis Hawke boy thats signed though. His record isn't the best so hopefully he will be a sub and Mackin will be resigning along with Peaso.

According to the Stirling Observer, Darren Smith has been offered a new deal and is “mulling over” it and there will also be talks with Cammy Binnie, Lee Hamilton, Peter Macdonald, Dylan Mackin & Max Wright.

Just get the b*****ding thing signed Daz, don't know if I could take the heart break it would cause.

Hopefully all of the others accept their new deals, apart from Max Wright.

Agree with your comments clearly Daz is seeing what’s out their, hopefully he signs on for another season. Max Wright not for me, scored 1 goal, more a squad player imo.

Daz is 31 so full time football is highly unlikely now for him, he's absolutely loved by everyone at the club, he's got a good job outside of football and I'm sure he doesn't stay too far away from Stirling. Also, he'll probably be on a good wage from us as well. Don't get why he would want to try at another club when he's got it sweet at us.

But hey I'm not a footballer and my views are deluded, praying he stays.