Stirling Albion Thread

10 minutes ago, rhliston said:

No John Hunter is NOT on the Albion Board. 

Thanks for that clarification.  I believe that the club was indebted to Mr Hunter when he was on the board.    Evidently Mr Hunter's replacement as Commercial Director is producing significant revenue streams.

22 hours ago, Red Watch said:

Thanks for that clarification.  I believe that the club was indebted to Mr Hunter when he was on the board.    Evidently Mr Hunter's replacement as Commercial Director is producing significant revenue streams.

I'm sure we're all raising our game. I will buy an  extra pie and pint at Sat fixture.

Can’t help but think that’s our season now over and we’re rebuilding for next year now. I’m sure the lads in the dressing room won’t be giving up but 10 points adrift of a Play Off spot with 10 games to go is a big ask.

Over the moon with the players that KR has already resigned, especially Jardine and McGeachie, I just hope he can tie up Darren Smith and Dylan Mackin for another year at least and bring in the quality that Dave Mackay failed to sign.

12 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Can't see Mackin staying tbh but I'd hope Daz would want to stay.

Mackin was one of our better players last night but simply did not get any service in the 2nhd half and hopefully we manage to keep him for next season but its going to be difficult to keep him. 

Smith again hopefully we can sign him up for next season and if he keeps clear of injuries could be a big asset for us. Clearly 10 points difference between us and Annan for that 4th spot and the playoffs think it would be a miracle if we overcame that gap with 10 games to go but its still possible but we would need to win the majority of our remaining games to have any chance to overhaul them. So perhaps the rebuilding for next season starts today.  

Mackin was one of our better players last night but simply did not get any service in the 2nhd half and hopefully we manage to keep him for next season but its going to be difficult to keep him. 
Smith again hopefully we can sign him up for next season and if he keeps clear of injuries could be a big asset for us. Clearly 10 points difference between us and Annan for that 4th spot and the playoffs think it would be a miracle if we overcame that gap with 10 games to go but its still possible but we would need to win the majority of our remaining games to have any chance to overhaul them. So perhaps the rebuilding for next season starts today.  

Mackin's only still at the club because he couldn't sign for anyone else, he'll get offers at a higher level.

You'd like to think with the appreciation and love we show Daz that he would want to stay. He's no spring chicken now so surely staying at us would benefit both, but what do I know?

All boils down to Saturday I believe. We get a win up at Cowden and results go our way we're right back in the mix, lose the game and its curtains and the rebuilding begins.

Folks I share your anger/disappointment, but the rather rotund lady has only left her dressing room. Lets not do the work of others. "When they go low we go high"  I' m sure the management and players will continue to give their all. For that reason I'll be at Central Park cheering Stirling on.

Folks I share your anger/disappointment, but the rather rotund lady has only left her dressing room. Lets not do the work of others. "When they go low we go high"  I' m sure the management and players will continue to give their all. For that reason I'll be at Central Park cheering Stirling on.

Agreed buddy and we all need to get right behind the team on Saturday to make sure we get the result we desperately need. Plus you can make a fantastic atomosphere in that shed at Cowden.

How's Ferrie getting on? Any chance he can break through with us next season?

He’s doing well and I can’t think of any reason why not. When Dave Mackay was Manager he chopped and changed Goalkeepers every few weeks, stating that they were both young players and needed protected. He was then injured for about a month or so but has pretty much been Number 1 since KR took over (give or take a few of his early games).

He’s a very astute Goalkeeper, who, with the exception of a kick against Albion Rovers, has been pretty error free, which is rare for someone so young. I like him and think he’s got a big future in the game. I watch him for a little while at training as well and he appears to have a great attitude.

Jim McIntrye may decide to try him at a higher level next season but I see no reason why he can’t push to be first choice at Dundee and he certainly looks a better than Jack Hamilton did when he was at this level with Stenhousemuir, in my honest opinion.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Like the previous poster I have been impressed with Ferrie in goal having become the No 1 under KR. hopefully he gets the break into the first team squad at Dundee if not wouldn't mind him at Forthbank for another season. 

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I was surprised to learn he was younger than Binnie our other No1. 

Strengths: alert, very agile.  He can't be much more than 6' yet is fearless at high crosses.

weaknesses: his goal kicks can be lofty and barely pass half way line.

I'm certain he has a future. If you think SA fans are being carried away . Ask QP fans, he broke their hearts in Jan.

• 3 weeks later...

Dylan Mackin stating in this weeks SO that he would like to stay at the club for next season, which is good news.

I think if you have a player like Mackin in your ranks, it goes a long way of getting you out of this league, you only have to look at Montrose (Templeman) and Peterhead (McAllistair) to see that.

He’s my kind of Striker and i’ve enjoyed having him at the club, but the more he has been on the bench, the more I was beginning to think that he was going to leave in the summer, but with him looking to stay, I hope KR can sort a deal out to keep him.

• 1 month later...

The season is over and we now wait in anticipation to see who will be coming and going from the club.

Like every year, I’m sure there will be a mix of those leaving by their own accord and those that have not had their contracts renewed.

With the club finishing 19 points behind the minimum expectancy of the Play Offs, then I would suspect this will be another summer of huge turn over of players.

Ross McGeachie & Danny Jardine are the only First Team stalwarts that have been announced as staying so far, and in my opinion, that’s a good start. Following them are Kyle Banner and Cammy Thomson, who have been given a further year, I suspect, to continue the transition from Development Squad to First Team Player. Due to injuries Banner has played (and Captained) the side a fair amount nearer the end of the season, and both will be expected to “kick on”.

Elgin City Manager Gavin Price let slip that Jordon Lowden has agreed to sign for The Binos, this would suggest that Jordan Allan has played his last game for the club but other than that there have been no other rumours with regards to signings that I’ve heard.

With the players left from the squad, I would only expect another 5 or 6 to re-sign, amongst that I’m hoping we see Darren Smith, Lee Hamilton and Peter MacDonald given another year. Smith could obviously move onto another club but you get the impression he’s happy here and fingers crossed that is the case, Lee Hamilton has been plagued by injuries this season but we all know that injury free and on form, he’s amongst the best Defenders in the league and I also get the impression from the Stirling Observer that KR likes him, and since Dave Mackay was sacked, Peaso has shown he is not done and although I wouldn’t have him as a First Team regular, I think he still has a positive impact from the bench and in the dressing room, but would that be enough for him?

Finally, well done to Supporters Player and Young Player of the Year Calum Ferrie, I think he’s been excellent for us this season, with Dundee being relegated, I think they could use him in the Championship, no doubt about it, but if they chose not to then it would be excellent seeing him back at the club if possible, if not then, I hope he is given a chance higher up the food chain because he certainly deserves it from where I sit.

5 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Announce Daz on a lifetime contract.

Yep would go along with that, hope we resign Mackin and Peaso as well for next season. Just hope KR and MH can do the business in the Summer Said in yesterdays Observer "We are out to get the best players we possibly can and its up to us to identify who they are and if its financially viable  for us to get them" 

Hopefully this year we can do the business and get out of this Basement League.