Stirling Albion Thread

McGregor is a big strong boi who's comfortable in the air. He had a few dodgy moments with us but they were possibly concentration/experience issues and with some coaching and experience alongside him, he should be good enough to play in the lower levels of Scottish football. Interesting that someone above said he was good on the ball as that was probably the one area he was a bombscare in whilst at Airdrie. He was very much a head it or clear it away centre half although sometimes that's all you need. I'm sure the drop down further still and some regular first team football will do him some good. 

I hope he does well although don't criticise him too much or else GSC will be on your case. 

Callum Ferrie is now staying until the end of the season.

Delighted with the news, I like Cammy Binnie and still think that in the long term he will establish himself as number 1, but at the moment Ferrie seems to be the more commanding and reliable of Goalkeepers and I’ve been impressed with him since he came in.

4 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

If Banner can keep up the performance of last week then that will be a good signing for the club. Sometimes I think he can be a bit suspect and slow though.

Agree with your comments re Banner if he can continue to improve then great, clearly KR sees something in him, hopefully he will continue to develop and turn into a good player for us. 

Stirling Observer reporting that we are interested in signing Max Wright. He’s not a player that’s ever impressed me, whether that was for The Shire, Stranraer, Clyde or Annan, games just seem to pass him by, so i’m surprised that KR is interested.

Obviously, if he was to sign for the club then he would get my whole support, but i’m not sure what he would add.

14 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Stirling Observer reporting that we are interested in signing Max Wright. He’s not a player that’s ever impressed me, whether that was for The Shire, Stranraer, Clyde or Annan, games just seem to pass him by, so i’m surprised that KR is interested.

Obviously, if he was to sign for the club then he would get my whole support, but i’m not sure what he would add.

Next to nothing to answer your last point. 

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

It's criminal he still gets a game at this level he's no where near good enough. 

Delighted about Hughes, he’s become a huge player since KR come in and really looks the part when I’ve seen him play. Another who has turned his season around.

The fact that Archie Thomas has played 18 First Team games for Dundee United suggests he’s a good player, so I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I’ve given my view on Max Wright above, however now he has joined the club, hopefully he can change my opinion, time will tell but at the moment I’m hoping he’s just a stop gap until the summer.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

The fact that Archie Thomas has played 18 First Team games for Dundee United suggests he’s a good player, 

That's not what this says - https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/player.php?id=1888

Are you confusing Under 18 games on transfermarket for first team games?

Alright friends, I recorded a podcast with one-time Bino David Weatherston, and I'm sure you'd find it interesting to listen to.

He talks about joining the club in the summer of 2013 and how he went on to form a good partnership with Jordan White that fired the club to promotion via the play-offs.

I think you'll like it!

CLICK

7 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright friends, I recorded a podcast with one-time Bino David Weatherston, and I'm sure you'd find it interesting to listen to.

He talks about joining the club in the summer of 2013 and how he went on to form a good partnership with Jordan White that fired the club to promotion via the play-offs.

I think you'll like it!

CLICK

Good wee player. I mind after the EF game, the players came back to McQue's in Bannockburn with the fans to celebrate for a wee while, and they were all buzzing and Davie was really down about his injury which was a shame. He was one of our best players in the 2nd half of that season. 

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I think you'll like it!

CLICK

Good listen. Thanks for sharing and for doing what you do!