Stirling Albion Thread

9 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Just seen that. Is he any good?

Hard to tell really.

Started our second Betfred Cup game in a 3-1 home defeat to Clyde and was hooked at half time, never got back in after that.

Played an average of 15 minutes in his 9 appearances (8 coming from the bench), the last of which was a sub appearance away to Arbroath on 24 November where he missed a great chance. 

We have better options in Kyle Turner and Connor McManus so he never really got a decent run in the team, but showed in brief spells that he has a bit of quality.

Hope he does well for you guys.

Hard to tell really.
Started our second Betfred Cup game in a 3-1 home defeat to Clyde and was hooked at half time, never got back in after that.
Played an average of 15 minutes in his 9 appearances (8 coming from the bench), the last of which was a sub appearance away to Arbroath on 24 November where he missed a great chance. 
We have better options in Kyle Turner and Connor McManus so he never really got a decent run in the team, but showed in brief spells that he has a bit of quality.
Hope he does well for you guys.

Not filling me with confidence, but you lot are a league above so he should hopefully fit in. Is he a more attacking on the ball midfielder or a nitty gritty ball winner?

3 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Not filling me with confidence, but you lot are a league above so he should hopefully fit in. Is he a more attacking on the ball midfielder or a nitty gritty ball winner?

Think he'll do fine tbf. Looked more of an attacking midfielder, but that's based on 15 minutes here and there so don't quote me :shutup

I’m not sure a Striker will be priority, unless we can shift someone out. We do seem to be slightly too heavy up that end of the park with 4 or 5 players fighting for a position or 2.

Talking of Strikers, if he’s not going to get a sniff off the bench then I’d quite like to see Reg McLaren go out on loan to a Lowland League club to help aid his progression. Like Ross Kavanagh before him, he has scored for fun in Development/Reserve football, but as yet, maybe hasn’t shone in the first team, with his few opportunities. Would be good to get him out and get him set up for a decent crack at being a First Team player next season.

I’m not sure a Striker will be priority, unless we can shift someone out. We do seem to be slightly too heavy up that end of the park with 4 or 5 players fighting for a position or 2.

Doubt it will be priority either, a centre half I imagine will be priority. Still think we're short up there if Mackin/Peaso get injured. I know McLaughlin and Daz can play up top but they're much better options out wide.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Talking of Strikers, if he’s not going to get a sniff off the bench then I’d quite like to see Reg McLaren go out on loan to a Lowland League club to help aid his progression. Like Ross Kavanagh before him, he has scored for fun in Development/Reserve football, but as yet, maybe hasn’t shone in the first team, with his few opportunities. Would be good to get him out and get him set up for a decent crack at being a First Team player next season.

I agree priority must be to bring in another central defender who is decent in the air. Unless we can shift Mark Stewart out then don't expect much to happen unless we lose Neil McLaughlin from his loan spell.

Re Reg McLaren agree with you that he needs to be starting every week to gain experience and a loan spell out to a club in the Lowland League or indeed the East of Scotland League could be an option. 

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Danny Jardine signed up for next season. Oh ya fucker was no expecting that.

There is a starman playing on the right emoji173.png

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Yass a centre half. No idea if this boys any good though.

Well hopefully he can do the business and help fire us towards the playoffs.  Pleased that Danny is signed up for next season, good sign that KR is getting plans in motion this early for next year.