Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, Newmember said:

Correct No 1 target was Duffy 

No 2 Target was Aitken 

No 3 choice was KR 

End 

I have now checked back on this and find I made an assumption that Duffy was one of those invited that is actually wrong.  Duffy was in fact never contacted by the club at all. Not by phone, email, telegraph, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, ham radio, or semaphore.  I am still correct, that no No 1 target emerged until after the interviews were conducted. No offers were made prior to those interviews.  Kev impressed more than anybody else at those interviews and the board made him the No 1 choice on that basis at that time.   If you can't handle that, your problem.  Kev's the man  end of.

Stop responding to this muppet and he'll go away. He's been trolling every thread were a team have sacked & recently appointed a new manager. Despite being "in the know" his prediction rate is currently sitting at 0%.
I think he's a tadger as much as the next person but give him his due.... He guessed Smith at Brechin.

"A broken clock...."

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I think he's a tadger as much as the next person but give him his due.... He guessed Smith at Brechin.

"A broken clock...."

I thought we'd offer the job to Ian Murray if Airdrie didn't go for him.  I thought wrong. It seems our board were so taken with Kev, that they were willing to risk a backlash from fans by picking him over anybody else.   A brave decision, but looking early days like the right one.   Murray did take the Airdrie job and good luck to the man. I hope he does well for you.

I thought we'd offer the job to Ian Murray if Airdrie didn't go for him.  I thought wrong. It seems our board were so taken with Kev, that they were willing to risk a backlash from fans by picking him over anybody else.   A brave decision, but looking early days like the right one.   Murray did take the Airdrie job and good luck to the man. I hope he does well for you.
I actually thought Duffy and Murray would get the Airdrie and Dumbarton jobs (as I posted on the Dunbarton thread) but didn't know who would go where. I had a hunch Tam Courts would be close to, if not, getting the stirling job (commuting, training etc) but obviously didn't materialise, it was only a hunch.
I hope KR does well enough with Stirling, I've admired the punts they've taken on the last couple of managers, not the usual dinosaur merry go round.
These young managers (Murray's included) are the potential future top boys in the leagues, after all.

35 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I actually thought Duffy and Murray would get the Airdrie and Dumbarton jobs (as I posted on the Dunbarton thread) but didn't know who would go where. I had a hunch Tam Courts would be close to, if not, getting the stirling job (commuting, training etc) but obviously didn't materialise, it was only a hunch.
I hope KR does well enough with Stirling, I've admired the punts they've taken on the last couple of managers, not the usual dinosaur merry go round.
These young managers (Murray's included) are the potential future top boys in the leagues, after all.

Experienced or rookie, most times it's a gamble either way.  When you're struggling in the basement league, a rookie or somebody with a chequered management history is all that's likely to apply.  The rookie at least has a chance of proving to be better than the sacked guy with experience.  God, we can  suffer when he isn't though.

Stop responding to this muppet and he'll go away. He's been trolling every thread were a team have sacked & recently appointed a new manager. Despite being "in the know" his prediction rate is currently sitting at 0%.

Wasps1 isn't trolling that's the worrying thing.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:36, StewartyMac said:

I don't post here very often these days, but it's heartening to see that the patter from Berwick fans is every bit as tragic as it was years ago. 

On 11/23/2018 at 08:27, Disc Potato said:

Now now, I wish Stirling the best of luck tomorrow in the Scottish Cup. 

No more words needed.