Stirling Albion Thread

Who is this bell piece? Insufferable with a poor grasp of geography and the league structures. 

The clear obsession and clear very low iq has narrowed down to one poster. Someone mentioned it earlier but I am certain now.

Hiya wasps1, hiya pal.

• 2 weeks later...
So....you will be feeling more confident that your teams on the way up now ?

Yeah absolutely. Listen, it’s early days in the KR reign, and with 1 win 1 draw and 1 defeat, on paper it may not look anything impressive, but it’s the change in attitude and style that has boosted confidence. It’s hard to explain, but we now look like a team and we now look like we are playing for each other. I couldn’t make the Clyde game, but against Edinburgh and Berwick, we were fighting for 2nd balls, looked steady defensively and there just seemed to be a good togetherness, something that has been lacking since the start of last season. The players have obviously bought into what he has been telling them, because it’s been almost instant. Players like Danny Jardine and Neil McLaughlin look invigorated, Dom Docherty actually looks like a football player and everyone around them just seems to have raised their game by a notch or two.

Binos can probably make the play-offs still mate, and then you've a chance!

I think we can, and have never given up hope that we will, although the way things were going under Mackay, there was honestly no chance of that happening. I think Edinburgh & Peterhead are not going to be caught, but if we beat Annan on Saturday then you’re only looking at 8 points and with the way these 10 team leagues are, a few wins and you’re in amongst it. I said before the season started that I didn’t think we were as strong as we were last season however we still have a good squad,

If you don’t live in hope then what is the point of watching football at this level?

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:01, Newmember said:

Both Steve Aitken and Jim Duffy refused it . but Kevin was always no 1 choice 

To be precise, both Duffy and Aitken were invited to apply, not offered the job.  Both declined.  Kev was so impressive at his interview, that he became the No 1 choice and may well still have been, even if Duffy and Aitken had applied and Murray not opted for the Airdrie job.  Well done though, you nearly got something right.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

To be precise, both Duffy and Aitken were invited to apply, not offered the job.  Both declined.  Kev was so impressive at his interview, that he became the No 1 choice and may well still have been, even if Duffy and Aitken had applied and Murray not opted for the Airdrie job.  Well done though, you nearly got something right.

Kevin was always no 1 that old chestnut lol

12 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Both were offered the job before anyone else .

No they were not. A shortlist of available experienced managers were invited to apply, as well as the job being advertised on an open basis. There were more than two  on that list and all were notified on the same day.  Being invited to apply,  is not the same thing as being offered the job and you certainly don't offer the job to all of them at the same time.  There was no No 1 candidate from day one.   What the board have said is, that after the interviews Kev  was seen as the No 1 option from that point.  What Duffy and Aitken turned down, was an invitation to apply.  They were never given a job offer. Something that would have been pretty bloody pointless when they had no interest applying.