Stirling Albion Thread

Ian Murray is still looking for a job back home in Scotland. 

He’s been mentioned a few times on various threads on various platforms and on various platforms and by all accounts he’d be regarded as a good appointment by the support.

After the news of Sunday/Monday Steve Aitken with his brother Chris as Assistant Manager seems to be the over whelming fans choice, and a move that I would personally love to see (if we can’t get Allan Moore back).

5 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Don’t know enough about him. Did a job at Kelty but do they not have a bit of money to play with?

Really want the Aitken brothers, but can see Stevie Aitken going to Airdrie.

Yeah. Without the money it would be a totally different story. In most of the more important games over the years they fell short, so I am not sure he is anything special. 

Yeah. Without the money it would be a totally different story. In most of the more important games over the years they fell short, so I am not sure he is anything special. 

See thats not what we’re needing. We need experience to get us out this root we are in. He’s not the answer.

3 hours ago, PELE said:

Taking the Stirling or Berwick job would tell you how good he is.

4 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Tam is an excellent young manager, I suspect he is looking at bigger things than Stirling and Berwick with all due respect.

Scotland manager!!!  cannae do any worse than that poor excuse we have at the moment, eyes just stopped bleeding after watching that last night 

5 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Don’t know enough about him. Did a job at Kelty but do they not have a bit of money to play with?

Really want the Aitken brothers, but can see Stevie Aitken going to Airdrie.

Stevie has just been sacked by Dumbarton and taken them backwards every year he was manager there - why would any sane fan want him?

Stevie has just been sacked by Dumbarton and taken them backwards every year he was manager there - why would any sane fan want him?

He kept them up in the Championship did he not? And got them to a cup final, okay they lost but would love that at the Albion. He did well with Stranraer and his brother absolutely loves the Albion.

Reckon he would do a job at us, bring back oor Tiff.

Tam Courts for manager?

Just said on another thread I can see him going o Berwick or Stirling.

I honestly can’t see it. With the disasters of McDonald, McLaren and Mackay, it’s pretty obvious that Courts don’t fit in with the Mmmmm theme.

All joking aside, after those 3 at least, it would be another huge gamble to appoint another manager with no experience of managing within the SPFL and I don’t think it’s a gamble the board will take. They are already under huge pressure to get this one right, and I don’t think they’ll risk it on a Manager with only Junior, EoS and LL experience.

If he goes anywhere within the SPFL then my money would be on Berwick, however I suspect he’ll get another gig in the LL in time.

Courts resigned. He wasn't sacked. So, you have to think he has another gig lined up. Of course, he may have resigned for other reasons, but hopefully all is well and he is about to be announced as the new manager somewhere.

Courts resigned. He wasn't sacked. So, you have to think he has another gig lined up. Of course, he may have resigned for other reasons, but hopefully all is well and he is about to be announced as the new manager somewhere.

Hopefully its Berwick, he’s really not our answer.