Stirling Albion Thread

On 07/07/2018 at 03:14, Ray Vaughn said:

The guarantee that the club cannot go below the watermark of finances on the day that the consortium take over the running of the club (should both the members of the Trust vote YES to the consortium and the lawyers give the deal a clean bill of health) is reassurance that the club is unlikely to go into liquidation as they would be unlikely to spend sums of money which takes the club below that waterline and result in them forfeiting control of the club.

Sorry, but that is no reassurance whatsoever.

I believe you’re missing the point – it’s not what the consortium might spend that is the problem but what they might borrow once they’ve got hold of the club.

There’s little doubt the value of the club will stay above the watermark – that’s easily arranged - but what if the consortium then walk away with their money leaving the club saddled with debts that the assets don’t cover?

The way the bid’s set up, if they start to borrow money, the Trust won’t be consulted and can't stop them. If we vote them out, they can vote themselves back in again. And if they walk away, we could be left with the debts and the club could fold.

Once again, I’m not saying for a second that John Neill and Colin Rowley are bad guys.

But as the consortium said on FB the other day, they will only be paying for the Trust’s due diligence up to a point. The lawyers will only be giving an expert opinion on whether the bid’s legal rather whether or not it’s advisable. So it's going to be down to Trust members to read the bid documents very carefully for themselves before they vote.

Until there are personal guarantees written into that bid that the consortium will be liable for any debts they leave behind, personally, I’ll be avoiding it like the plague.

Unless of course YOU fancy giving that personal guarantee??

Edited by King Crownest

2 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

Jason Marr and Neil McLaughlin signed on for next season, McLaughlin on a loan deal for the season

Marr had a disastrous season last year with us with a mixture of poor form, red cards and injury. I swear he is made of glass. However, he could well be a good signing if he produces the form he had when at Alloa whose fans rave about him.

17 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Marr had a disastrous season last year with us with a mixture of poor form, red cards and injury. I swear he is made of glass. However, he could well be a good signing if he produces the form he had when at Alloa whose fans rave about him.

I guess players can have that type of season in these divisions, hopefully he gets his best form with us again

7 hours ago, King Crownest said:

Until there are personal guarantees written into that bid that the consortium will be liable for any debts they leave behind, personally, I’ll be avoiding it like the plague.

Agenda alert!! 

1 hour ago, StewartyMac said:

Agenda alert!! 

As I’ve said, if trying to avoid my football club going into liquidation through misadventure is an agenda then, yes, I have an agenda.

It seems there's a succession of people willing to cheerlead for the consortium - no problem with that at all.

But some of them clearly haven't even read the bid documents and none of them so far are willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Will YOU give a personal guarantee to cover any debts that might be left behind by the consortium?

Edited by King Crownest

As I’ve said, if trying to avoid my football club going into liquidation through misadventure is an agenda then, yes, I have an agenda.

It seems there's a succession of people willing to cheerlead for the consortium - no problem with that at all.

But some of them clearly haven't even read the bid documents and none of them so far are willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Will YOU give a personal guarantee to cover any debts that might be left behind by the consortium?

Give it a rest Roy, you’re boring us all you miserable old fart.

From what I can gather from your posts, your biggest argument against it is based on what ifs. What if the consort starts borrowing money against the clubs assets......but what is stopping the current board, or any future board, from doing that?

Now I’m not saying you are wrong to bring up this point, but ultimately, you just have to put people in place and trust that they will do the best for the club. It’s not up to the supporters to decide if people are fit and proper, there are checks for that elsewhere. It doesn’t matter who you put in positions of power, within politics, business....or even football, you just have to trust that they will not abuse the power and trust they will do the job they promised.

We’ve had the bid, I’ve not read the full document (but I know Knowledgable people who have) but I have read the watered down version. Do I think it’s perfect, no I don’t, do I think it’s how I would run the club if I become a lotto winner, it probably isn’t but do I think it’s an improvement on how things stand just now, yes, do I think it’s exciting, absolutely I do, if this consortium pulls off the things they want to then, of course, it’s exciting times for our club and until they give us reason not to, then I feel they should be given the chance to at least try.

The second bid or the Status Quo bid as I like to call it. Well, I’ve not seen or read that, so can I comment on it?? I’ve heard that they will invest £200,000 should the club need it, and they will decide if we need it. That for me, as an outsider looking in, is just people trying to hang onto power, and it’s the same people who have not really brought much in the way of ambition to the club, other than to clear the debt and, with the exception of Stuart Brown who is not part of this bid anyway, these board members remain faceless to the majority of everyday fans anyway. We know the names, but who are these people??

Anyway, I’m going on and I can’t be bothered. I personally think this is the crossroads for the club, we can either keep bobbing about in League 2 with little to get excited about or we can have a 10 year plan in place to be a Championship team, playing Full Time football, play a bit part in the community and see the club develop......pretty much risk free, I’ll take the chance that this consortium is out to do what they say they will, because if they are not, well, it’s there money and at least we will.be where we currently are.

17 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

I guess players can have that type of season in these divisions, hopefully he gets his best form with us again

I'm sure I read last year that Jason was starting shift work. Perhaps that had an impact on his football. He had also had 5 years at Alloa and done very well and was settled. He didn't want to leave.  One of the recent Pele Podcasts mentioned a player making the same move and the huge difference in the way both clubs were run. Not in a good way for Rovers. The video of Kerr and Malcolm suggested that the football side was a bit of a farce too. You can see why a player could lose his way a bit. I'm sure that with the right management and stability that Jason can be a good signing for Stirling. 

Edited by Waspie

agreed.
Having McLaughlin and Jardine back is the best news of the summer.

Agreed, also quite pleased with the signing of Jordan Allan. Think we’re still short of a midfielder and a striker though.

17 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Agreed, also quite pleased with the signing of Jordan Allan. Think we’re still short of a midfielder and a striker though.

Between Peaso, Stewart Daz and Neil I think we are okay upfront mate, a winger and a midfielder is where we need to strengthen in my opinion.

#AnnounceMorrison 

Between Peaso, Stewart Daz and Neil I think we are okay upfront mate, a winger and a midfielder is where we need to strengthen in my opinion.
#AnnounceMorrison 

Id stick Daz and Neil out wide personally. Can Peaso still last a full game?

Bring Morrison home.

1 hour ago, BinosCammy said:

#AnnounceMorrison 

Think we need help most in midfield, a ball winning central midfielder someone  to stop the opposition and take the pressure off our defence would be nice. 

Re a winger hopefully the return of Callum Morrison would be nice, also another Centre Forward just in case Peaso cant last the 90 mins would be another priority imo.

9 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Think we need help most in midfield, a ball winning central midfielder someone  to stop the opposition and take the pressure off our defence would be nice. 

Re a winger hopefully the return of Callum Morrison would be nice, also another Centre Forward just in case Peaso cant last the 90 mins would be another priority imo.

I would have though Mark Stewart would get the start upfront over Peaso, using Peaso as an impact sub? 

Is Morrison returning to Stirling? He would be a great signing.

Before leaving, he was allegedly vocal about how he wanted to stay at the club. Once the season ended he changed all his social media photos to him playing for us, so it’d been rumoured that he is looking for a return on loan.