Stirling Albion Thread

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

Absolutely shocked at this. I know Stuart personally and cannot believe that he would ever have attempted to cover this up. I honestly believe that there has to be some sort of believable explanation.

I guess you never really know what’s going on behind closed doors. 

Absolutely shocked at this. I know Stuart personally and cannot believe that he would ever have attempted to cover this up. I honestly believe that there has to be some sort of believable explanation.

If you had read the article it wasn’t covered up, it had been handled by the police and the sfa.. only the trust didn’t know but I guess everyone has to know now.

If you had read the article it wasn’t covered up, it had been handled by the police and the sfa.. only the trust didn’t know but I guess everyone has to know now.

I meant from the BoD/Trust, having read the article.

43 minutes ago, Adam said:

I meant from the BoD/Trust, having read the article.

This all smacks of a major stitch up. Certain members of the trust board have been looking to oust Brown for ages now. I'd like them to make some sort of official statement on this. 

This all smacks of a major stitch up. Certain members of the trust board have been looking to oust Brown for ages now. I'd like them to make some sort of official statement on this. 

I know nothing about the internal politics within Stirling Albion, but this, to be, is a more plausible argument over him trying to bury this from the Trust. Stuart is one of the most honest and open men I have ever met, and cannot believe he would knowingly deceive anyone.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I know nothing about the internal politics within Stirling Albion, but this, to be, is a more plausible argument over him trying to bury this from the Trust. Stuart is one of the most honest and open men I have ever met, and cannot believe he would knowingly deceive anyone.

Totally agree. 

Thats what I thought when I read the article.

Watching it on the news earlier, it sounded like it was reported to the Police and the SFA but not communicated to the wider public maybe to A. protect the victim B. protect the club C. Not have the press trying to get a name of someone who has not been convicted of anything yet. 

Watching it on the news earlier, it sounded like it was reported to the Police and the SFA but not communicated to the wider public maybe to A. protect the victim B. protect the club C. Not have the press trying to get a name of someone who has not been convicted of anything yet. 

Brown had every right not to publicises this. All the trust have done is tarnish our name. Absolutely shocking from them. Time for changes.

What a disgusting way for the trust to go about its business. Reading the article, it is clear that Brown immediately suspended the coach, informed the police who started an investigation, and informed the football authorities too. He just didn't tell the supporters trust.

It is widely known that the trust have wanted him out for a while now, but to do it by linking him to this particular issue is totally sickening and disgusting. hopefyly everyone will see this as it is, a disgsuting cowardly attack on an honest guy, purely to win a power struggle in the club

The backroom infighting at Stirling Albion makes no sense to me. Does the trust represent the fans?  Or is it just the clique that runs the trust not like the chairman? How you can be owners of the club and obviously have no authority to run your own football club since the board of directors are backing him? 

Pretty ridiculous goings on over your way.

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The backroom infighting at Stirling Albion makes no sense to me. Does the trust represent the fans?  Or is it just the clique that runs the trust not like the chairman? How you can be owners of the club and obviously have no authority to run your own football club since the board of directors are backing him? 

Pretty ridiculous goings on over your way.

The trust must have elected the board in the 1st place you would think.

The statement on the SAOS seems reasonable re the allegation about the coach and the police had asked them to keep the knowledge of it limited.

The Club would like to respond to the Statement (below) issued by the Supporters Trust on Monday 26 February and which is now widely reported in the media.

The Club is satisfied that it has acted fully in accordance with its own Child Wellbeing and Protection Policy during the currency of this incident, which was a criminal investigation into a child protection matter.

Additionally, both the SFA Child Protection Unit and Police Scotland have confirmed that they were wholly satisfied with how the Club conducted itself throughout.

Specifically, on the issue of communication, the Club took advice from Police Scotland who were prescriptive in advising that knowledge of an investigation should be very tightly held while the matter was sub judice ( i. e. should be limited to those within the Club who have named responsibilities under the terms of the  Club’s Child Wellbeing and Protection Policy).

When the Club was informed last week that the Police had decided that the individual concerned would have a case to answer, the Trust Secretary was informed and was invited to attend an internal meeting on Friday of last week to assist with preparing a statement to be used in response to any external queries on the matter ( below). The Trust declined to attend that meeting.Ends

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The backroom infighting at Stirling Albion makes no sense to me. Does the trust represent the fans?  Or is it just the clique that runs the trust not like the chairman?

When the fans bought the club, it was put in the hands of the Supporters Trust. The Trust then appointed an executive board to run the club on a day to day basis, including the chairman (Stuart Brown)

Over the last few months (years?), certain members of the Trust committee have fallen out with the Chairman and due to growing egos, have pursued to try and get rid of him by whatever means they can. In September, they held a Trust meeting fully expecting in their own arrogant fashion that the fans would just agree to removing him, but although many fans have had their differences with the Chairman, he's always put the club first, so there was a bit of a backlash at the meeting (particularly given many of the baseless allegations) with the agreement that a mediator be brought in to try and resolve the matter. The Chairman also stated he would be willing to stand down at the end of the season anyway. 

Now we have a situation where the Trust are so desperate to discredit the man, they're using an ongoing case of abuse to further their vandetta against him, which is sickening really. Heads need to roll on the Trust board after this. 

If I was the chairman, I'd also stick two fingers up to them by not offering to step down at the end of the season. 

Of course. all of this may be moot given there's an offer on the table to buy the club, although what the prospective buyers must be thinking now is anyone's guess. Not to mention the risk of the club sponsors getting twitchy at what's unfolding here. 

In short, an avoidable shambles perpetrated by power hungry egomaniacs who are letting personal vendettas get in the way of running the club. And all this at a time the team on the park have found their spark again. I'm sickened by the whole sordid affair.