Stirling Albion Thread

A couple of things on the site that might be of interest to you guys.

First, a piece from the 42 grounds blog: https://hedgesandheartache.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/ground-34-forthbank/

Then, a brief interview with Frazer Wright on his hopes for the rest of the season and his future: https://hedgesandheartache.wordpress.com/2017/01/08/stirling-albion-frazer-wright-hoping-for-survival-swansong/

A couple of things on the site that might be of interest to you guys.
First, a piece from the 42 grounds blog: https://hedgesandheartache.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/ground-34-forthbank/
Then, a brief interview with Frazer Wright on his hopes for the rest of the season and his future: https://hedgesandheartache.wordpress.com/2017/01/08/stirling-albion-frazer-wright-hoping-for-survival-swansong/

Two good reads.

The bit I enjoyed the most was when you said we're too big to go down.

2 hours ago, wattie_rojas said:

How're the 2 Dundee lads shaping up? Calvin is absolutely nails and Conor looks a good all round left back. 

Not sure if you're allowed to sign more than 2 from the one team but we have some other good prospects too.

Colquhouns been here for a couple of months, he's not a stand out in the team, but he's still quite good and hopefully we can extend his loan deal until the end of the season. 

Quigley seemed quite good yesterday and his crossing stood out for me. He didn't really have to do much, but he seems decent and is certainly the best left back in our team.

10 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Yoda8 is possibly my favourite poster on here. Such a negative individual :lol::lol::lol:

Just seeing this, decided to set up camp in the Clyde thread for the week. 

My negativity doesn't even get noticed in there, it just pipped Airdrie thread for pure perma rage 

6 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

I'd be a great guest for 5 days but would get kicked out come Saturday evening after our trip to Forfar.

That's a shame, Saturday night is usually the liveliest night in there. 

Starts at 16:50 ;)

On 07/01/2017 at 10:43, JakeSAFC said:

We cant renew Bikey's contract as it would end up costing the club £40K. Our best hope of keeping him is a Championship side sign him and loan him back out to us. Heard Dundee United are looking at him.

Since you're mentioning the possibility of getting him back on loan, d'you reckon he's good enough to be a starter for a Championship side already? We desperately need a striker but paying £40K for anyone is unlikely, let alone a player who's unproven.

Since you're mentioning the possibility of getting him back on loan, d'you reckon he's good enough to be a starter for a Championship side already? We desperately need a striker but paying £40K for anyone is unlikely, let alone a player who's unproven.

As much as i love him, he's still a bit raw but shows signs of a real talent at times.

Dont think he's Championship standard yet, but certainly could impress in League One.

6 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

As much as i love him, he's still a bit raw but shows signs of a real talent at times.

Dont think he's Championship standard yet, but certainly could impress in League One.

Dont talk nonsense. The class between League 1 and 2 isnt much. He would easily handle league one and probably do a job in the Championship too - Not as prolific as he currently is but still think he'd be comfortable in the Championship. 

Dont talk nonsense. The class between League 1 and 2 isnt much. He would easily handle league one and probably do a job in the Championship too - Not as prolific as he currently is but still think he'd be comfortable in the Championship. 

Still think he's a bit to raw for the Championship, but we'll see. Happy to be proven wrong.

Actually nah not happy to be proven wrong, I want Bikey to stay at the Albion.

On 08/01/2017 at 16:40, JakeSAFC said:

Thompson is the Cowden skelper.

Bikey is a league skelper.

BIKEY BIKEY emoji1038.png

Berwick Rangers 3-2 Stirling Albion.

To suggest Bikey is a Championship player is fucking laughable. All he does is cut in. He'd be found out in no time. Needs time at L1.

To suggest Bikey is a Championship player is fucking laughable. All he does is cut in. He'd be found out in no time. Needs time at L1.

Fluke result.

He's still to raw for the Championship currently. A whole season at us and a season at a League 1 side and he'll be more than ready.

BIKEY BIKEY

27 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Result means nothing in relation to Bikey. 11 players were beaten 3-2 that night.

Having seen all his games he does ALOT more than just cut in. Speed, power, ability to read the game is all far beyond league 2 of Scotland. League 1 is not far beyond league 2. He could do a job in the Championship. Im fairly confident it wont be long until we see.