Stirling Albion Thread

I'm surprised at the Bino's confidence in MacKay as a manager.

I don't think anyone is saying they are overly confident that Mackay will be a good manager Yoda. What there is is an acceptance that something had to change and that the players he inherited have taken the club to the bottom of the league and showed little sign of recovery from it.

Mackay could have done one of two things. He could of come in and done a Stuart McLaren and say that the players are good and that he can work with them and all it takes is time before we turn it around or he can acknowledge that the players have had a big enough chance and the belief that he can bring in others that will do better. Mackay has decided to go with option 2, will it be the right option? Time will tell.

Nobody that I know or have read is saying Mackay is a master for doing this, we're just waiting (with our fingers crossed) to see how it will pan out. Your average supporter knows as much about Connor McLaren or Conor Quigley as they did about Darren Petrie or Jack McCue.

What has been a surprise to me though is just how blunt Mackay has been in saying that the squad isn't good enough, and I admire the fact that he has stood by his word and I don't think the changes will stop there.

The players you have mentioned in your post have done absolutely nothing for the club (with the exception of Marc McKenzie, who I would argue has been our best outfield player this season and I would of liked to have kept, but I wish him well at Clyde) so if your rumour is true that they are next then no Bino will shed a tear at their departure. It might sound harsh but it's the reality of the situation, they've just not been good enough.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I don't think anyone is saying they are overly confident that Mackay will be a good manager Yoda. What there is is an acceptance that something had to change and that the players he inherited have taken the club to the bottom of the league and showed little sign of recovery from it.

Mackay could have done one of two things. He could of come in and done a Stuart McLaren and say that the players are good and that he can work with them and all it takes is time before we turn it around or he can acknowledge that the players have had a big enough chance and the belief that he can bring in others that will do better. Mackay has decided to go with option 2, will it be the right option? Time will tell.

Nobody that I know or have read is saying Mackay is a master for doing this, we're just waiting (with our fingers crossed) to see how it will pan out. Your average supporter knows as much about Connor McLaren or Conor Quigley as they did about Darren Petrie or Jack McCue.

What has been a surprise to me though is just how blunt Mackay has been in saying that the squad isn't good enough, and I admire the fact that he has stood by his word and I don't think the changes will stop there.

The players you have mentioned in your post have done absolutely nothing for the club (with the exception of Marc McKenzie, who I would argue has been our best outfield player this season and I would of liked to have kept, but I wish him well at Clyde) so if your rumour is true that they are next then no Bino will shed a tear at their departure. It might sound harsh but it's the reality of the situation, they've just not been good enough.

It's the bluntness that would worry me. He won't be able to do a Barry Ferguson and change the full team so will the guys he can't get rid of and is forced to use really give a shit. 

Time will tell but good luck 

Hodge, Ferns, McKenzie gone Petrie & Dickson rumoured to be next. Bikey not sure if renewed. That's a lot to replace and expect new guys to gel instantly.
Hope he gets it correct as Albion too big a club to lose but if I was a Bino I'd be concerned if not downright shitting myself.

Hodge and Ferns did f**k all for the club and both were pretty shite, more so the latter. If McKenzie goes then so be it, a decent player but if Mackay doesnt like him then what can you do.

Petrie and Dickson leaving would be grand, again more so the latter. Petrie has been pretty pish and Dickson shouldnt have been given a contract after last season.

We cant renew Bikey's contract as it would end up costing the club £40K. Our best hope of keeping him is a Championship side sign him and loan him back out to us. Heard Dundee United are looking at him.

We cant renew Bikey's contract as it would end up costing the club £40K

I've seen this a few times, and I'm nosy, so what's the deal with this?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've seen this a few times, and I'm nosy, so what's the deal with this?

He is absolutely dynamite.

In regards to the 40k - it's compensation due to his old French club if he signs for another club on a professional deal. Hence why we had to sign him on an amateur deal to the end of the season. 

There was a couple of clauses in the deal that means no club in our league can sign him but if a club higher up the leagues want him and willing to pay the 40k to his old team then I suspect they will get him.

Not sure when the 40k compensation deal runs out. I assume the summer. If we can keep him even for another few weeks it will be a miracle. Miles too good for this league

Cheers!

I really hope we sign him, as signing like this are the ones I love.

Fwiw I don't think we will, we're prone to knowing about these players "ahead of the curve" and never reacting to it. We'd apparently spoken to Andy Robertson before Dundee United had even watched him.

On 7 January 2017 at 01:54, Yoda8 said:

I'm surprised at the Bino's confidence in MacKay as a manager.

Not saying he's going to fail but he's a rookie and hasn't exactly set the Heather alight.

While it's arguable that he's done the right thing in tearing the squad apart it's also a huge gamble especially replacing them with a mixture of kids & and a CB who by all accounts is done. 

Hodge, Ferns, McKenzie gone Petrie & Dickson rumoured to be next. Bikey not sure if renewed. That's a lot to replace and expect new guys to gel instantly.

Hope he gets it correct as Albion too big a club to lose but if I was a Bino I'd be concerned if not downright shitting myself.

In many respects you are right Yoda but I think what the fans like, well me for one, is that he hasn't minced his words about performances and where he thinks we are failing on the park. Previous managers would give the politicians answer where as mackay has openly stated that we are extremely poor and on current form looking in severe danger of the drop

He said in January he would be making several changes and he has.......he might not be finished yet either. Going by yesterday's improvement and result, it's a real statement of intent from him and if it continues its exciting times for us.

Of course it could prove to be another false dawn but something tells me that Mackay isn't there to fail

i wish him every success