Stirling Albion Thread

Still no news on Mazel then, think hes offski

Hope not, still plenty of time yet, but the longer it goes on the less likely he is to sign on for next year.

Yeah, certainly seems an odd one. Will be interesting to see if McLaren has anything to say about it in this weeks Observer.

Yeah, certainly seems an odd one. Will be interesting to see if McLaren has anything to say about it in this weeks Observer.

Probably tell us he wants to sign him then nothing will actually happen

Cheers. Seems like an unexpected signing, though we're very short of full backs, so I'm guessing he can fit in there.

Was our starting LB this year before a knee injury put him out for the rest of the season, will probably do a job for you

What's Kevin McKinlay like? He's just signed for us.

I'll be honest with you, he was a player I didn't take to and in truth I was quite happy to see him leave. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way but he just never really showed he deserved or was  good enough for another season. Had he not signed an 18 month contract when he joined from Ayr United, I wonder if McLaren would have kept him on for last season.

With being tall and physical he'll fit into John Coughlin's style of play so maybe Berwick fans will see the best of him.

Sorry don't take that sort of comment from an english club

Best to counter the content of the post, rather than react to the specifics of the person. Think there is no shame in the club requesting an away game, but not having the pitch in a playable state in time is a bit of a poor showing.

Best to counter the content of the post, rather than react to the specifics of the person. Think there is no shame in the club requesting an away game, but not having the pitch in a playable state in time is a bit of a poor showing.

Have to disagree with you their, the pitch was reseeded at the beginning of May, along with other work carried out on the pitch. Clearly the Club was being sensible about the request for 2 away games at the start of the Betfred Cup but the SPFL could not oblige.

Hopefully the pitch will be ready on time for the Falkirk game and as I have stated above if major improvements to the pitch are to be carried out then clearly it does take time for the pitch to recover. Surely at the end of the day, the club should be praised for trying to improve the standard of pitch that was laid over 20 years ago when the ground was built.

Is your pitch ever in a playable state?

Is your pitch ever in a playable state?

That's besides the point, and even then I don't see our chairman asking for away games instead of matches at home. Stirling's actions and motives are understandable, but, even in League 2, a club's pitch has to be servicable, which the pitch at Forthbank isn't atm.

That's besides the point, and even then I don't see our chairman asking for away games instead of matches at home. Stirling's actions and motives are understandable, but, even in League 2, a club's pitch has to be servicable, which the pitch at Forthbank isn't atm.

Going by your argument then, no maintenance should be carried out on the pitch, isn't the close season the time to do it. ?

You should be thrown out the league. Fucking idiots. What goes through your chairman's mind?!

You are the fuckin idiot.

Chairman should be commended for trying to provide a decent surface. Not everyone has mega money like Hampden to get a brand new surface almost instantly.

What an embarrassment you are.

The progress and timescale of the pitch relay is highly dependant on the weather. As a precaution our chairman asked that our away fixtures be played first (not switching games from home to away).

Motherwell Groundsman has also been voicing concerns also with regards to the timescale given the impending cup fixtures.