Stirling Albion Thread

Give us the title now

But in all seriousness thats a very good signing, just hope this season McLaren can prove me wrong and get it right tactically cause on paper we have the players to challenge for the title

After seasons of dissapointment, I cant get too excited until the season is well underway.

I agree with that, lets see how the team performs until we make any judgements after a couple of months. Its going to be a tough season ahead, with the likes of Clyde, Arbroath, Berwick and the 2 relegated teams Forfar and Cowdenbeath all trying to get out of this League one way or another.

I remember being ultra confident last year after making some impressive signings during the summer, only to find us finishing 7th.....so I'm capping my excitement this summer and just waiting to see what happen.

Blair Henderson is a good signing for the club. I was impressed with him during the 4 games last season, he was a real handful for the defence. I hope I see more of that over the next 2 seasons.

Happy with the signings and the fact we've got business done early, but I don't see this propelling us from 7th to 1st. 7th to 4th perhaps.

Based on the last 1.5 seasons, there is sadly no evidence whatsoever that the management team have got what it takes.

Delighted to be wrong of course but I won't be getting at all excited about next season at the moment.

It's a great signing, and it's good we have others signed up so quickly, meaning they'll all get a pre-season together, rather than our usual tactic of waiting till a week before the start of the season and sniffing around the waifs and strays that haven't been picked up yet. So in that regard it's positive. 

However, there's still the McLaren factor, and like others I'm far from convinced. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong. 

Message to Stirling fans, Please take care of Henderson and please do not criticise when he shows how bad he can get for a two or three month spell during the season. He takes it to heart and feels he is the only footballer to ever get criticism from fans and will take the huff

He's only there for the big wage packet

A direct replacement for Doris then ;)

Looks like the club might make some ££ if our league cup games against Falkirk and St Johnstone are at home

Would rather play both away though

Nah want both at Forthbank especially the Falkirk game, would be nice to put one over on the Bairns at home.

Looks like the club might make some ££ if our league cup games against Falkirk and St Johnstone are at home

Would rather play both away though

Gate receipts are split 50/50 once the costs of hosting the match is taken away, so it would be better if they are both away games.