Stirling Albion Thread

One for the Phoenix if he reads this and knows the answer.

Any idea what happens with the Stirlingshire cup now that:

1. New league cup format starting season earlier etc

2. Now that Shire aren't in the senior leagues, does that affect their membership. If it doesn't then should other non senior teams like the Uni be involved?

One for the Phoenix if he reads this and knows the answer.

Any idea what happens with the Stirlingshire cup now that:

1. New league cup format starting season earlier etc

2. Now that Shire aren't in the senior leagues, does that affect their membership. If it doesn't then should other non senior teams like the Uni be involved?

I'd like to see the Stirlingshire cup (in its current format) change to a weekend tournament, like the pre season one we were involved in with Gretna +2. Or, if they are desperate to string it out throughout the season, expand the competition to include teams like the Uni.

In its current format its such a stale, pointless tournament.

I'd like to see the Stirlingshire cup (in its current format) change to a weekend tournament, like the pre season one we were involved in with Gretna +2. Or, if they are desperate to string it out throughout the season, expand the competition to include teams like the Uni.

In its current format its such a stale, pointless tournament.

Agree with you on this one, given the new format League Cup, could be played at one ground over the weekend before the start of this competition. Might generate a bit of interest amongst the fans of local teams.

Sean Dickson, Ross Smith and Ross McGeachie have all signed on for next term.

I hope it goes better for you than I did last year. I look through that squad and I really liked everyone during their time at the Warriors (Ross Smith aside).

So do I, pleased Ross Smith and Ross McGeachie have signed up for next season. As for Sean Dickson I can only hope he does a lot better than last season, not one of the fans favourites to be fair, but he seemed to get picked week in week out by McLaren despite having a poor season.

Hearing Blair Henderson from berwick is coming to you guys

Really hope this is true.

Sandy Cunningham has been confirmed as leaving the club. Looks like he's off travelling.

Edited by BB_Bino

Petrie was pretty woeful for us. Has a good set piece delivery, but that is basically it.

His features are also far too small for his face.

Seen him at Brechin a few years back, have to say I'm pretty surprised to hear that he got a gig in the championship.