Stirling Albion Thread

Have a pop at Stirling or something? Some Stirling fan said on our thread he was coming to us with Lamont? No sure why he'd say that so just wondering what this blogs about. :lol:

Never had a pop at us just he was writing a blog

Hearing we've got Phil Johnston who was previously with you, don't know anything about him.

Did you guys rate him when he was with you?

Has bags of pace and thats about it, doesn't really have the best footballing ability

Didnt mind Johnston - Pace caused problems and was never afraid to take a player on. Just have to get used to him leaving the ball behind sometimes and lack of a decent final ball.

Im hearing Ferns is almost a like for like replacement of Johnston - Pace with no footballing ability.

Cheers, we lack pace in the wide areas so might be the thing we need!

You could also play him at right back too, been used in that position for us on a number of occasions this season.

You could also play him at right back too, been used in that position for us on a number of occasions this season.

Thats where Clyde should play him tbh, especially against us. Solid RB...

Phil Johnston is comedy gold but with a rare bit of razzle dazzle that makes you think he's a footballer!! His ball control in particular is exceptional, so good the defenders don't have a clue what he's going to do!!

Hearing we've got Phil Johnston who was previously with you, don't know anything about him.

Did you guys rate him when he was with you?

It was also in the paper during the week.

Although he improved under McLaren (until getting injured and then being played at Right Back/Right Wing Back) I was never a fan on PJ. As has been said, plenty of pace but he very rarely did anything with it and what was more frustrating is he beat himself more than he beat a man.

I'm actually quite stunned that Barry Ferguson has signed him in truth. Other than pace, I don't know what he has saw to take a punt on him, but fair play to PJ as he seems like a nice, hard working guy so I hope this move works out for him, but for Clyde fans, I think you'll find him frustrating if I'm honest.

Hilarious scenes at the Shire today.

Stirling chairman Stuart Brown - wearing an Albion t shirt - pushing his way through an unused turnstile while the people he was with laughed that he'd "nipped the gate"!!

Couple of other folk got through before a steward closed the door.

But I'm sure Stuart later made sure the club received full payment - he's definitely not the kind of guy to rip off a club on its uppers.