Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

We all remember Omar on his game several times late last season and especially in the playoffs but since his return from Alloa via Down Under he's been poor so no surprise GB didn't want him.

Delighted the legend that is Foxy is here for another season. I can't see Ryan returning but you never know, maybe Steven Craig might return? We're not building the squad as quick as our friends down the road are but it's looking good, we have the bones of a damn good team.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all remember Omar on his game several times late last season and especially in the playoffs but since his return from Alloa via Down Under he's been poor so no surprise GB didn't want him.

Delighted the legend that is Foxy is here for another season. I can't see Ryan returning but you never know, maybe Steven Craig might return? We're not building the squad as quick as our friends down the road are but it's looking good, we have the bones of a damn good team.

You'll probably have more players signed up than us?

About the same , though one is Darren Hill so we're behind most of the teams.

Aye we have confirmed a fair few with more on the way but we started with 5 so just seems like more. Aww, atleast he's good banter. Will keep the lads amused in the changing room. ;)

Aye we have confirmed a fair few with more on the way but we started with 5 so just seems like more. Aww, atleast he's good banter. Will keep the lads amused in the changing room. ;)

Oh aye, he must have had the team in stitches with his performances last season!

Bain is a decent enough player and more than capable of playing in League 1 so I imagine he will do well in League 2. His best position is right - back and he's also played on the wing on occasion. Loves a screamer but also loves a dive. Hard working, committed and consistent player. Don't ever remember him being injured so imagine he'll play every week which is exactly what you're looking for.

Airdrie Advertiser also says you and Albion Rovers are keen on signing David Cox. 

Bain is a decent enough player and more than capable of playing in League 1 so I imagine he will do well in League 2. His best position is right - back and he's also played on the wing on occasion. Loves a screamer but also loves a dive. Hard working, committed and consistent player. Don't ever remember him being injured so imagine he'll play every week which is exactly what you're looking for.

Airdrie Advertiser also says you and Albion Rovers are keen on signing David Cox.

Is cox good? He seems to play well against us from what I remember

That Andy Ryan was at the Clyde game last night. Not looking much into right enough as there was a few footballers kicking about with him.

You'd get a full starting eleven from the players there last night!

Is cox good? He seems to play well against us from what I remember

Always thought Cox was your proverbial trier. Always running around "putting a shift in" but actually, not really achieving a great deal other than getting the fans praise because supporters love someone who gives100% for their club. 

Always thought Cox was your proverbial trier. Always running around "putting a shift in" but actually, not really achieving a great deal other than getting the fans praise because supporters love someone who gives100% for their club.

I'd agree with this. Gets plenty of cards as well.

Always thought Cox was your proverbial trier. Always running around "putting a shift in" but actually, not really achieving a great deal other than getting the fans praise because supporters love someone who gives100% for their club.

Basically sounds like we are replacing like with like after Hodge's departure.

Sums him up perfectly. Would do a job in League Two though.

Archived