Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malin/Dunlop/Kader to us. Whit like?

Think McCord and Whatley will be our first choice pairing in centre mid, is that where Malin plays?

no bothered at all. Dunlop never been a fan of bit clumsy. Kader got bit of pace but inconsistent and scared to take a man on. Malin is okay but no played in a while, strange signing cause dick sent him to Montrose last season on loan and he never got a game there. Aye centre midfield bit lightweight, but always willing to get on the ball

I've always liked Kader. Been a player that's always stuck out for me. Him and Boab on each wing could cause problems. Never noticed Dunlop or Malin before. Think Malin will just be squad filler tbh. Like I said our centre mid looks pretty sewn up now. 4 of them.

I've always liked Kader. Been a player that's always stuck out for me. Him and Boab on each wing could cause problems. Never noticed Dunlop or Malin before. Think Malin will just be squad filler tbh. Like I said our centre mid looks pretty sewn up now. 4 of them.

yeah tbh think Kader would be decent in league two. Malin was a squad player at Forfar so that will probably continue and Dunlop was really back up at Forfar

Malin/Dunlop/Kader to us. Whit like?

Think McCord and Whatley will be our first choice pairing in centre mid, is that where Malin plays?

no bothered at all. Dunlop never been a fan of bit clumsy. Kader got bit of pace but inconsistent and scared to take a man on. Malin is okay but no played in a while, strange signing cause dick sent him to Montrose last season on loan and he never got a game there. Aye centre midfield bit lightweight, but always willing to get on the ball

Kader could be the pick of the three - his 3 month break to down under during the season meant he was always playing catch up when it came to fitness once we got to January.  He looked a shadow of the player from the previous season - like powerhouse said - seemed very reluctant to take on and beat his man - maybe a solid pre-season will do him the world of good.  I'd have liked to have kept him.

Dunlop - not the commanding centre half you'd expect - yes, he may well get you a handful of goals from corners/ freekicks but he's as likely to concede at the other end too - switches off and lets his opponents run off him too easily. Due to injuries, he only started 11 games this season - we only won one of them (and he came off injured at half time in that one)

Malin - will surely be just a squad player.  Has been out more than in the team over the last couple of seasons - including that spell at Montrose where he didn't get much game time - you'd have to ask the Mo fans about that.  Really surprised about this signing as all the indications were that Dick didn't seem to rate him.

I would of liked to keep him always tried, and could play variety of positions

He was shocking at full back and way too negative in midfield, especially when played asking side Youung. He has very good instant control but no imagination going forward. I don't think we'll miss him to be honest.

Archived