Forfar Athletic Thread 2016/17

Opinions on players to stay at Station Park for next season?

Can't be many as so many players underperformed this season!

Denholm, Travis, TOB, Hay, Kennedy, Foxy(maybe), Ryan but doubt he'll stay and would probably keep Craig too but can see him moving on also. Couldn't really careless about anyone else

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Way he'd go to you guys, he could defiantly be decent league one and even lower league championship player.

Plus think there's more chance him staying at us than going to you guys

Based on?

And I'm not saying he will sign but if we offer him a good PT deal then I'm not sure why he wouldn't. I'm sure DC could be very persuasive. Rovers and Peterheed might be interested too.

Think Foxy, TOB and Ryan are the only three that deserve to be kept, possibly Denholm and maybe Craig!

Need a massive clearout and a fair amount of players signed!

I'm not necessarily disagreeing and I can see why you've mentioned the last 4 names but I'm interested to hear why you think that Foxy "deserves" to stay?  He's been a bit part player at best this season.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing and I can see why you've mentioned the last 4 names but I'm interested to hear why you think that Foxy "deserves" to stay? He's been a bit part player at best this season.

He's been a bit part player because he's had nothing like a fair chance. It's mind boggling to me that people can't see the ability he's got and what he can offer. You wont get a classier playmaker at the level we're at.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing and I can see why you've mentioned the last 4 names but I'm interested to hear why you think that Foxy "deserves" to stay? He's been a bit part player at best this season.

Whenever Foxy is given the chance to play he dictates the play, slows it down when needed, increases the tempo when needed!

I can't understand why Dick and Bollan haven't gave him much game time!

I'm just baffled how Hodge, Young, Smith and Martin manage to get on the team sheet before Foxy? Makes absolutely no sense to me!

Based on?

And I'm not saying he will sign but if we offer him a good PT deal then I'm not sure why he wouldn't. I'm sure DC could be very persuasive. Rovers and Peterheed might be interested too.

he was at you guys before could of went back last season I presume but he didn't. And was at us already this season and was playing good football

he was at you guys before could of went back last season I presume but he didn't. And was at us already this season and was playing good football

I'm no being funny, but I would've rejected the chance of going back and playing in that team last season.

It's a whole new season and a whole different team.

There is no way Andy Ryan will play in league 2 next season. He is looking for full time football and the goals he scored for Forfar will have agents seeking him out much like Dale Hilson last season.

According to FAFC web site Darren Hill signed an 18 month contract,which gives us the whole season to enjoy his amazing goal keeping skills!

I'm no being funny, but I would've rejected the chance of going back and playing in that team last season.

It's a whole new season and a whole different team.

well I think he would pick Forfar over Arbroath for the fact he was at us this season and was playing well.

Make a deal, let us have him and you can have that c**t Swankie back??

Deal

well I think he would pick Forfar over Arbroath for the fact he was at us this season and was playing well.

Make a deal, let us have and you can have that c**t Swankie back??

Deal

Swankie might come back anyway mate. No deal.

;)

Would be like taking yer ex girlfriend back after she has been shagging your next door neighbor .

Swankie has been away and back 3 times, were used to it. Home is where the heart is. Wouldn't have been away if we never signed Samuel.

So, according to Scott Binnie, at ACP, Yano has been released. This seems to be the only news on Loons players and even that is yet to be confirmed. I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated by the lack of information?

Doubt Arbroath would sign Doris, Swankie and Ryan. They would struggle to afford there wages

But if they did, that would be some front 3 for league two

Don't be fooled, Arbroath do have money to spend. We're just usually quite sensible with it.

Eta: you're forgetting Linn...!

Don't be fooled, Arbroath do have money to spend. We're just usually quite sensible with it.

Eta: you're forgetting Linn...!

Ssshhh! The hedge dwellers will be all over that statement. They're convinced Forfar have had a benefactor for years. Nothing to do with just being better run than them.

Ssshhh! The hedge dwellers will be all over that statement. They're convinced Forfar have had a benefactor for years. Nothing to do with just being better run than them.

Shows how little you know about the running of your club you  have at least one " retired gentleman " that pays part wages of certain players etc on a regular basis, in saying that nothing wrong with that good luck to any club that can get money from the local community. 

Archived