Celtic v Aberdeen 8 May 2016

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Nobody is getting upset.

2. You can't stick people in who are not responsible.

3. It was yourself who originally claimed that Celtic gave the people responsible their own section.

Now the only group of fans I know who have their own section, are the Green Brigade. However it wasn't them who were responsible, like you claimed, but you must know otherwise so care to back up what made you make that allegation?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1462313606.998170.jpg

That much is obvious

Whether it was they themselves or 'hangers on' as they put it the Green Brigade were either fully or partly responsible that night at Fir Park, to claim they werent in any way accountable is just plain silly.

I was there that night and couldnt get to my seat as they and their cohorts had just planked themselves in that full section despite their tickets being elsewhere, I ended up watching the game from the top tier of the Motorola stand that night instead of the bottom where my ticket was

Green Brigade statement

"Whilst it was not members of our group behaving in this manner, we accept the fact that these actions took place behind our banner in what was an unofficial 'Green Brigade section' and furthermore that the fans within this area are associated to our group whether they are members or not.

Associated to our group whether they are members or not.

So like I said, it wasn't members of that group responsible. It was actually a group called the SMV (Style Mile Vandals), who attach themselves to the GB. You claimed it was the GB responsible when quite clearly that isn't the case. You can't blame them just because some morons want to stand beside them.

Whether it was they themselves or 'hangers on' as they put it the Green Brigade were either fully or partly responsible that night at Fir Park, to claim they werent in any way accountable is just plain silly.

I was there that night and couldnt get to my seat as they and their cohorts had just planked themselves in that full section despite their tickets being elsewhere, I ended up watching the game from the top tier of the Motorola stand that night instead of the bottom where my ticket was

Responsible for not sitting in their seats...yes. Can't blame them for the mindless actions of others though.

Aye i was there.

It's just to easy to blame everything on the GB, there is only about 70 of them.

How many of these 'style mile vandals '( the so-called Style Mile Vandals affiliated with the Green Brigade who vandalise property wherever they go) are there?

Must be quite a mob to do 10k worth of damage to a stadium before any of the other thousands of Celtic fans noticed what was happening.

Think Reynolds will likely come in if Rooney and Church don't make it. Shinnie into midfield and McLean up front himself.

No so sure. Think Reynolds might be done for the season after that display against St. Johnstone. Taylor and Considine were pretty solid against Motherwell.

Think we'll see McLean upfront with Smith coming in.

How many of these 'style mile vandals '( the so-called Style Mile Vandals affiliated with the Green Brigade who vandalise property wherever they go) are there?

Must be quite a mob to do 10k worth of damage to a stadium before any of the other thousands of Celtic fans noticed what was happening.

Wouldn't know how many there are. Took a while to work out who they were. I believe one of them got arrested not so long ago...poss for using a flare. Think he was just a daft 16yr old boy. One person can damage more than one seat remember.

They are also not welcome in a certain Celtic Pub in Glasgow after they vandalised their toilets too.

They are simply, neds!

Criticism of anything Celtic-related seems to send your head completely spinning off. The green brigade even accept responsibility and you still try and white-knight them :lol:

The Green Brigade made it clear that it wasn't their members who caused that damage. Now maybe you're not getting it but that was what the debate was about...'Celtic giving the people responsible, their own section'. As I've pointed out...it was the SMV who were responsible & not the GB. Why are you struggling to get your head round that fact.

Oh & as someone who is banned from the GB site for not agreeing with something they argued with, I'm not likely to "white-knight" them. However, I will point out when they are being wrongly blamed for something.

Are people genuinely claiming a statement from the Green Brigade is some form of solid evidence?

"the fans within this area are associated to our group whether they are members or not."

Quite clearly accepting responsibility for it.

The statement is quite clearly saying that they are nothing to do with the GB but they do come stand next to them. Still not the GB to blame. If a mate or someone comes to stand next to you at the football because your generating a good atmosphere, & they then break seats....is it your fault because they attached themselves to you?

Always the victim it's never your fault

Would you just stand there and watch them?

Dunno....difficult to answer until put in that position. Lots of factors to weigh up.

When the Aberdeen fans trashed the seats at Celtic Park, I'm guessing a lot of Aberdeen fans just stood there and watched them.

When the Aberdeen fans trashed the seats at Celtic Park, I'm guessing a lot of Aberdeen fans just stood there and watched them.

Very nice of Aberdeen fans to improve Celtic Park

Any damage is paid for by the club whose fans are responsible so your wee silly dig is a bit of a non-starter!

That's all right, then.

Did the green brigade leave before they smashed them up? You'll have proof of this I assume?

Proof of what? I never claimed they did now did I? I'm asking a rhetorical question because I wasn't there and neither were you.

All this going round in circles because your just not man enough to admit you got it wrong :rolleyes:

Archived