The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

19 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

The clause proves that we'll go down? Not sure I get your logic there.

No. The clause proves my point that McGinn will be away at the end of the season when you get relegated. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. The clause proves my point that McGinn will be away at the end of the season when you get relegated. 

I don't think anyone is disputing that? But congratulations none the less.

Was that not on the back of a horrendous injury run?
He has been sensational for us  these last few games and would walk in to any bottom 6 Premiership team.

I wouldn't thank you for him back tbh.

Mallan on the other hand...

25 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

When we get relegated?  

Your getting a bit ahead of yourself are you not. 

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Right. We'd be as well chucking it, backwards Jordan (very apt name BTW) said we're going down, so the wee fightback is over. 

Yes, and he's definitely not blustering about because he didn't realise McGinn had an 18 month deal. He honestly knew that. He really did.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Right. We'd be as well chucking it, backwards Jordan (very apt name BTW) said we're going down, so the wee fightback is over. 

Call me backwards all you want but you are not going to pull of some miraculous fight back to stay up. Choo choo. 

23 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Call me backwards all you want but you are not going to pull of some miraculous fight back to stay up. Choo choo. 

Reckon a few fans will be bookmarking this.

Anyway I hope you're right but St. Mirren have made some decent signings and the team look as if they are really starting to gel with their recent run of results. I'd say if any team looks likely  to pull of a miraculous fightback it is St. Mirren.

30 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

What a roaster. 

Choo choo.

Sonstream did. 

*team

I wouldn't be shocked to see him stay, even if St Mirren go down. And I say that as a total outsider with no reason to be blindly optimistic.

St Mirren in L1, where you have a lot of support and are club captain, or squad player at Killie in the Championship? I know what I'd do.

Killie in the championship? Where have you pulled that from? 

I said that there would be more chance a bigger team, probably in a bigger league (I.e, premiership or English league 1/2) coming in for him. Realistically if there is really a clause then there would be pretty much no chance he would stay at at mirren if the opportunity came to leave. Why would you? He's what 28/29 now? He will be wanting to give it one last chance at the highest level possible. I don't think playing against jobbers in league one will be what he is looking for regardless of whether or not he is captain. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Reckon a few fans will be bookmarking this.

Anyway I hope you're right but St. Mirren have made some decent signings and the team look as if they are really starting to gel with their recent run of results. I'd say if any team looks likely  to pull of a miraculous fightback it is St. Mirren.

I agree they do look a much better side now but I still don't see them staying up. I would like to be proved wrong to be fair because I do like St Mirren. Regardless of what happens to them Ross has done a good job in tidying up a complete clusterfuck of a team. 

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

Clearly you are backwards. Other supporters have been lining up to have a bit of a party and justifiably stick the boot in all season and here you are joining the party at the point where we've seemingly gotten our act together, potentially ruining the fun and most others are sort of debating to themselves whether to go home or not. But not Backwards Jordan...Backwards Jordan, being backwards, has decided he now wants to join in and is now violently shitting himself in front of everyone.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Clearly you are backwards. Other supporters have been lining up to have a bit of a party and justifiably stick the boot in all season and here you are joining the party at the point where we've seemingly gotten our act together, potentially ruining the fun and most others are sort of debating to themselves whether to go home or not. But not Backwards Jordan...Backwards Jordan, being backwards, has decided he now wants to join in and is now violently shitting himself in front of everyone.

Aye I'm shitting it right enough that's it. As I said about two seconds ago you look a better side now than you did before January. Ross has made good signings, for example McGinn (who my original post was praising). I started off praising one of your players and you all decided to take the huff when I pointed out that maybe he was too good for you. 

You are still absolutely shite though and will get relegated, regardless of the improvement you have made. 

37 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Aye I'm shitting it right enough that's it. As I said about two seconds ago you look a better side now than you did before January. Ross has made good signings, for example McGinn (who my original post was praising). I started off praising one of your players and you all decided to take the huff when I pointed out that maybe he was too good for you. 

You are still absolutely shite though and will get relegated, regardless of the improvement you have made. 

I'm not saying we won't go down but you seem awfully confident to be backing against the one team in the bottom 3 with momentum. What exactly are you basing that we're 'still absolutely shite' upon? 

The Hibs, Ayr and Dumbarton fans who have all remarked on how much better a side we look? 

All the times you watched us play since the turn of the year? 

Or the voices... is it the voices, BJ? 

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm not saying we won't go down but you seem awfully confident to be backing against the one team in the bottom 3 with momentum. What exactly are you basing that we're 'still absolutely shite' upon? 

The Hibs, Ayr and Dumbarton fans who have all remarked on how much better a side we look? 

All the times you watched us play since the turn of the year? 

Or the voices... is it the voices, BJ? 

He's a WUM and a shit one at that. Stop biting.

Archived