The St. Mirren FC 2016/17 Thread.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ulysses said:

STV saying we're looking to make an appointment before the Falkirk game. 30+ applications in, board will make a shortlist this week. Want someone who'll play "exciting football".

Well, being relegated with a reptile in charge certainly wouldn't be boring.

What I'm saying is, appoint the snake.

2 hours ago, revendarkness said:

There's rumours that Steven Thompson with Jamie Langfield as his assistant

I spoke to Thommo the day he retired last season and, although I don't want to quote directly as I can't remember his exact words, I would be beyond shocked if he gave up his media duties for any sort of managerial role.

Make it 'Bazza' for the lolz plz

2 hours ago, ulysses said:

STV saying we're looking to make an appointment before the Falkirk game. 30+ applications in, board will make a shortlist this week. Want someone who'll play "exciting football".

hughes-goes-ape.jpg

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Barry Ferguson on Radio Scotland saying he would be interested.

:lol:

:lol:

I don't give a f**k about exciting football. I want a manager who can A. Build a squad, B. Win games of football consistently, C. Won't ruin the place or create fall outs. Anything else such as nice football is a bonus.

St.Mirren lost to what looks like the top two teams in the league and away to Raith which is hardly a disgrace.  They've only lost once in the last three.  Sure they need a couple of wins but this looks like a classic panicky decision.

Way too many managers going in and out this club, there has been no stability since Lennon.  Think St. Mirren need to grit their teeth and let someone have a decent chance to built something there, even if it means a season or two at League One.  Facts are they are not a top half of the Championship side and perhaps some need to get a realistic sense of where they are.

Archived